Ventura-Never Mind The Sunbeds.....

Daftlad

Surely you would find a table first and then go up for food?

Who in their right mind would go up to get food and then try to find a table after? Unless of course you wish to make a point and waste food, no doubt feeling smug that you've put the restaurant manager in their place.

I've stayed at five star hotels and in the main there has never been a problem with people or getting a table so why make a deal of something on a cruise ship, where there are obviously going to be busy times and lots of people. We are not all Lower class morons who don't understand standards.

My point is, you seem to think that others are inferior for not expecting things exactly to their liking or a table for two not being conjured up immediately you walk into a restaurant. If P and O is that bad, take your business elsewhere, I'm sure the restaurant staff will be happier.

Who in their right mind would go up to get food and then try to find a table after? Unless of course you wish to make a point and waste food, no doubt feeling smug that you've put the restaurant manager in their place.

I've stayed at five star hotels and in the main there has never been a problem with people or getting a table so why make a deal of something on a cruise ship, where there are obviously going to be busy times and lots of people. We are not all Lower class morons who don't understand standards.

My point is, you seem to think that others are inferior for not expecting things exactly to their liking or a table for two not being conjured up immediately you walk into a restaurant. If P and O is that bad, take your business elsewhere, I'm sure the restaurant staff will be happier.

Well said!

I also think that getting a table first is the sensible thing to do, especially if you are particular about sitting on a certain size table,

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

I can understand how you feel but in that case the buffet is an odd choice.

Not really. As I have said previously, our objective at lunch time is to eat and get back out in to the sun. The Buffet is the best location for this. Would we prefer to eat at a table for 2? Yes. Is it so important to us that we are willing to sacrifice time? No.

And you sound like the sort of person who will suffer any amount of poor service, but heaven forbid actually mentioning it.

P&O must love people like you.

Totally wrong - again.

Your expectations are unrealistic and you don't care or worry about other passengers. I love cruising and have done most of them from 6* to Airtours . I love to be pampered but know the limits possible. You are just making excuses for your poor attitude and behaviour.

And you sound like the sort of person who will suffer any amount of poor service, but heaven forbid actually mentioning it.

P&O must love people like you.

Have you been dumped off this site before ?

I cannot understand why you are so offensive and argumentative.

I honestly believe the comments made by insanemagnet are a total wind up but if I am wrong and they are being serious I would love to know what cruise line they cruise with that has nothing but tables for 2 in the buffet restaurant. I dont honestly think that ship exists that is why I am convinced they are just winding everybody up.

I agree MajorTom. I think it could be a wind up.. just someone having what they think is a laugh and getting us all going..... I was going to suggest he/she finds out where the Owl and the Pussycat are going next...they have a beautiful pea green boat.... so I am led to understand!

I honestly believe the comments made by insanemagnet are a total wind up but if I am wrong and they are being serious I would love to know what cruise line they cruise with that has nothing but tables for 2 in the buffet restaurant. I dont honestly think that ship exists that is why I am convinced they are just winding everybody up.

That was what I was alluding to. This person is clearly just trying to wind up people. As someone else said "don't feed the trolls.

That was what I was alluding to. This person is clearly just trying to wind up people. As someone else said "don't feed the trolls.

That was me, I think a few people on here are new to the whole troll'ing experience, so best we all wise up now as it seems there are a few trolls around.

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

somebody eating on their own :rolleyes:

i forgot my soup spoon once, got the spoon, back at the table someone had stolen the chair

Who in their right mind would go up to get food and then try to find a table after?

Someone who believed that P&O would manage their organisation better.

Personally I find it damned annoying when people reserve tables first, and then return 20 minutes later with a some food, so tying up the table for longer than necessary.

Personally I find it damned annoying when people reserve tables first, and then return 20 minutes later with a some food, so tying up the table for longer than necessary.

You seem to find many aspects of cruising with P&O 'damned annoying' looking at your previous topics! I'm surprised you haven't moved on and are still bothering to look/post on the this forum when clearly the one cruise you've done was not up to your expectations - just saying :confused:

I get my table first if it's busy and it has never taken me 20 minutes to get food from the buffet, but then I'm not one of those people that have to pile my plate with everything on offer :rolleyes:

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using Forums mobile app

Yep, same here, never had a problem on most ships, but did not enjoy the buffet on Azura. never heard so many knives hitting the floor as people bumped into each other. Very crowded and not designed very well.

Edited by jeanlyon

:rolleyes:I'm with a previous poster, as a family of four we find a table first and then will rotate going up for food as we like different foods, and 20 minutes for getting food, slight exaggeration!

I'm sure people don't hog a table for longer than they need...l

I'm not a big fan of buffet restaurants. Me and the misses (sorry my wife and I) almost always eat in the MDR. We're on a cruise and being served at the table is a great part of the sailing experience.

On occasion we will end up in the buffet restaurant.

In my experience the behavour of my fellow passengers has always been wonderful. People are friendly and polite and if you're friendly and polite you will usually be amazed at how friendly and polite people are. If you're grumpy you'll probably be amazed at how many grumpy people you meet! :)

I believe there is such a thing as the "spirit of sailing". Where you accept that you're on a ship and space is limited and that we're not on in a 5 star hotel in Turkey, where you're not going to share a table.

So back to sailing, if you need a place to sit in the buffet restaurant you just go to a table that seems to have some free spaces and ask the strangers at that table if the empty seats are free, then, you sit next to said strangers, exchange a few words and suddenly you're not sitting next to strangers any more. In fact you might meet them in the lift 2 days later and ask how their excursion was (the one they mentioned at dinner).

That's all part of the sailing. We're all shipmates after all.

Mike