"Cruise as soon as tomorrow????"

Maybaybie10

I just received a notice from RCI about their 2 day WOW sale. The description says

"Need a vacation? Start packing now and get ready to cruise as soon as tomorrow if you'd like. This offer is good on sailings through the end of 2014 and goes away on Sunday at midnight. So don't delay."

Cruise as soon as tomorrow? I always thought the passenger manifest had to be turned in 48-72 hours before sailing. I seem to remember someone on here recently trying to book with 24 hours notice and was told it was 'too late'. If that is truly the case, then their PR department needs to take note before sending out these mass emails.

Edited by Maybaybie10

They are required to turn in the manifest in advance, so that it can be screened. But if there are changes to it (both cancellations and additions), then they can update it after it's submitted. It's just that they can't wait until an hour before sailing to turn in a list of thousands of names.

I just received a notice from RCI about their 2 day WOW sale. The description says

"Need a vacation? Start packing now and get ready to cruise as soon as tomorrow if you'd like. This offer is good on sailings through the end of 2014 and goes away on Sunday at midnight. So don't delay."

Cruise as soon as tomorrow? I always thought the passenger manifest had to be turned in 48-72 hours before sailing. I seem to remember someone on here recently trying to book with 24 hours notice and was told it was 'too late'. If that is truly the case, then their PR department needs to take note before sending out these mass emails.

you've always been able to book 24 hrs before.

The person that was told too late was because the cruise was probably sold out.

Nope. I tried that and was told I could not cruise the next day - we are Crown and Anchor as well as had cruised recently but could not do the next day. This was for Enchantment of the Seas - called on Thursday to cruise Friday and they said manifest was closed..........

Nope. I tried that and was told I could not cruise the next day - we are Crown and Anchor as well as had cruised recently but could not do the next day. This was for Enchantment of the Seas - called on Thursday to cruise Friday and they said manifest was closed..........

maybe because the ship was sold out? Plenty of people have booked the day before

I fact if say you wanted to sail on Allure tomorrow morning, you can book this cruise online right now $1566 total 2 people for cat N guarantee

Edited by SeaUs

Here's a copy of a post on the same subject I made a few days ago....

What happened with me when I was attempting just about the same exact thing... I was on the phone with a rep shortly after 1PM for a sailing at 4:30 the next day. The rep told me that the manifest had been closed out and sent to the mothership, so no can do. I then asked just how late could I book and make a sailing, his answer was 24 hrs before sailing. Then with all my experience as a jailhouse lawyer I pointed out that there was more than 26 hours before sailing! He then told me that you could probably book the sailing by calling before noon on the day before, but after that it is possible to book, but only if they have not closed the manifest.

The ship was the Monarch not too long before she left PC.

Here's a copy of a post on the same subject I made a few days ago....

What happened with me when I was attempting just about the same exact thing... I was on the phone with a rep shortly after 1PM for a sailing at 4:30 the next day. The rep told me that the manifest had been closed out and sent to the mothership, so no can do. I then asked just how late could I book and make a sailing, his answer was 24 hrs before sailing. Then with all my experience as a jailhouse lawyer I pointed out that there was more than 26 hours before sailing! He then told me that you could probably book the sailing by calling before noon on the day before, but after that it is possible to book, but only if they have not closed the manifest.

The ship was the Monarch not too long before she left PC.

Thank you, Bill. At least I don't feel crazy- I knew I had read a post about it recently! As with all things Royal...it depends on whom you talk to...or which way the wind is blowing I guess! ;)

For cruises leaving off the east coast, manifests close at 12pm EST the day before the sailing. It is often said as "24 hours" before the cruise because the cruise does not begin (to Royal) at the moment the ship sails, it begins when you begin checking in which is often around noon.

For cruises leaving off the east coast, manifests close at 12pm EST the day before the sailing. It is often said as "24 hours" before the cruise because the cruise does not begin (to Royal) at the moment the ship sails, it begins when you begin checking in which is often around noon.

1:25 PM, canins available online for the Allure tomorrow

In post #12 where I described my experience, I had the web page open for that particular sailing with cabins available very shortly after 1PM and they were cheap cheap! I did not want to trust trying to make an online booking at such short notice. So, by the time I called and actually got to listen to a real person instead of all about my "cruise vacation, blah, blah'' it was probably around 1:30. That's when I got the "too late" news, of course I have no idea how things would have worked out if I had just tried to complete the booking online instead of calling... just may have been able to beat the manifest closing. Who knows... as they say... "that ship has sailed!"