Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Find the "secret spot" on Deck 5 aft.......you have to enter the track and do a little walking to the back of the ship to find it!! It is an awesome view!! Can't wait to see YOUR photo here!

10246500_10152510495641189_1648644794780673362_n.jpg?oh=43c604c43c7c6d72e30e61f522ddc785&oe=54832D73&__gda__=1419254373_7e1d07e57542b30baff8f05da6d02753

Love this spot!!!

Hi Heather. Leaving 4am here...

I will so long as there's a giant keyboard for me to play chopsticks on...... or is there really a Zoltar machine? :cool:

Yep - There is a Zoltar Machine - but nope, no giant keyboard for Chopsticks - Although, if you are listening RCI, that could be a lot of fun on the boardwalk! :D

Enjoy - Sounds like you are going to have a blast!!

I am excited to read your blog! We are on the TA on Oct 15 from Southampton. I'd love to hear about the new upgraded internet on Oasis - it is supposedly nearly as fast as on land and reports from the east bound TA were that they could skype and stream Netflix. Also a lot of people in our cruise on the higher floor near aft balconies (the ones closest to the aqua theater) have had their rooms changed due to some mysterious construction at the land minute. Would be interesting to know what's going on there!

We will stop in Vigo and go to Santiago by train.

Have a great trip!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also a lot of people in our cruise on the higher floor near aft balconies (the ones closest to the aqua theater) have had their rooms changed due to some mysterious construction at the land minute. Would be interesting to know what's going on there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ditto this! We are supposed to be in Allure 12329 in Feb 16 but it sounds like after drydock in 2015 that cabin will no longer exist! This will happen on Oasis during her drydock. I would love to see the aqua show from the 12th floor perspective since I may not see it with my own eyes!

Have a great cruise!

Lauri

Ok Linda. . . You know I love to post "LIVE" on each and every Cruise. . . . Your Mission (should you choose to accept it) is simply let all of us know what and where the following can be found. . . .

It's not fair if anyone guesses. . . .This is for Norbert's Niece.

Good Luck Linda. . .You may have fun finding these answers. . . .

Radio

What and Where is this ?

M11.JPG

What and Where is this ?

CP7.JPG

What and Where is this ?

CP9.JPG

What and Where is this ?

F31.JPG

What and Where is this ?

M19.JPG

What and Where is this ?

SU4.JPG

Edited by Radio

Sleepless.

Lauri, found out yesterday someone from the roll call has the room next to where another roll caller has been moved from without warning recently. Will be sure to follow this up.

Mark...... Oy. Love this! Of course I accept! Will have to commit the images to memory.

Anyone : need lunch suggestions for embarkation and whilst you're about it breakfast day 2.

What a great trip to be looking forward to. You must go up to the private suites only sun deck. It is just above the Solarium. You must take the stairs on the Port side from the deck just above the pool deck. In the Caribbean after 7:00PM it is open to all. It is a great view up there and a wonderful place to have a cocktail. I think the Solarium does a nice breakfast even if it is a bit "healthier" with a great view as well. You probably know this, but Johnny Rockets does a diner type cooked to order breakfast that is free each AM. I am also interested in knowing what, if any, changes are to be made to the Concierge Lounge. Have a safe and fabulous trip.

Oh boy this is going to be fun. We are doing our first B2B on Oasis, after she comes back from refit. So I am very eager to read all about your adventure.

I have a fun suggestion while you are checking out the ship. Look for the "Small Wonders":

"Guests will marvel at the Small Wonders – a program featuring 42 surprise natural wonders, positioned throughout the ship and designed to delight guests while creating the feeling of being on a scavenger hunt! Larry Kirkland presents 23 pieces of tiny wonders in “hand forged interior-lit bronze microscopic vessels… placed randomly throughout” the ship. "

If this seems too large a task, just look for the 23 bronze microscopes.

Enjoy yourself...I know I will have a great time following along!

I hadn't heard that, but that sounds like fun. I'll look for them in November!

Someone asked Linda to find the hidden garden knomes. I was on Oasis in June and looked for probably an hour and couldn't find them. :mad:

I made my husband walk central park with me 4-5 times back and forth in a row looking. :rolleyes:

OMG. This is so much more than a cruise ship. WiFi is down so am on mobile. Check in was a breeze notwithstanding the fact that the agent had very little English!

Deck 5 was rammed. Clearly no one read the leaflet given at check in with where to go to eat. Am sat outside Park Cafe where things are much calmer. Had a taste of kummelweck and asking myself what all the fuss is about.

Excited to see more!

From my mobile so apologies for predictive text

OMG. This is so much more than a cruise ship. WiFi is down so am on mobile. Check in was a breeze notwithstanding the fact that the agent had very little English!

Deck 5 was rammed. Clearly no one read the leaflet given at check in with where to go to eat. Am sat outside Park Cafe where things are much calmer. Had a taste of kummelweck and asking myself what all the fuss is about.

Excited to see more!

Glad to see you made it onboard Linda! Looking forward to the blog.:)

Someone asked Linda to find the hidden garden knomes. I was on Oasis in June and looked for probably an hour and couldn't find them. :mad:

I made my husband walk central park with me 4-5 times back and forth in a row looking. :rolleyes:

That was me! They are surprisingly small so they are easy to miss. When I was there in May they were off to the right if the Trellis Bar is on your left.

Am sat in the 'Card room' having a 'mare of a time trying to upload some pics. This is the go to place to get WiFi support.... I'd managed to set up the account on Deck 7.... how fortuitous that it's around the corner from my room! I'd logged on with my phone but just couldn't on the laptop. Lovely fella here fixed it in 2 clicks.

Got to my room just before 1. Some of the entertainment I've booked has changed days / dates. Had workout kit in carryon and put plan into action to do some walking..... problem was that where the track is the path crosses where the new arrivals were boarding. So I turned around and did some exploring. Nie that the track isn't exposed to the elements all the time but its a bit claustrophobic. I walk some in the gym. That place has instruments of torture in it....seriously..... machines I've never seen before....

Suitcase was delivered to the room by 2 and shortly after showering and unpacking I met my room steward, Tuti; lovely girl from Indonesia. Then the unofficial meet with roll callers at the pool bar.... pink feather boa mean I'm hard to miss.

My Muster station is in the Comedy Club so at least we're seated. We are shown a video about washing our hands and then a video about what to do in the event of.... whatever.... and demonstrated how to put on the life jacket.

Whilst I have been typing not one picture has uploaded. Sigh. There's one of me in the gym..... and in front of the Zoltar machine..... oooh and breeezy the deckchair place without me in it!! I'd previously downloaded the Photobucket Autouploader and that's not working either...... aaaarrrgggghhhh

No.

Wait!!

It worked!! Yayyyy!!!!

But it's happy hour in the D lounge and I have dinner in just over an hour.....

I need a secretary!!

Linda, so glad you found my favorite "secret Spot". Be sure to go back there and visit while the ship is moving......can't beat the view! Sounds like you are off to a good start and lots of people have fun things for you to find! Enjoy Lady O, she is one of my favorite ships!! Just a few short weeks and it will be my turn!!

Good morning!

Love that I can WiFi from my mobile with predictive text as part of this package. Much leads fraught about how long I have left!

Should have brought the phone with me last night to 150. OMG. Fabulous meal. Could have given you a blow by blow account!

Currently sat in cafe promenade with a cup of Seattle's finest. They wouldn't serve me OJ at the same time on the Replenish package. I'd originally gone to Johnny Rockets but they do neither and then I thought 'what am I doing eating again?' and came here.

Heading for a talk a out the plant life in Central Park.

Oh and I've walked 2 laps of the track already.

Linda

Good morning!

Love that I can WiFi from my mobile with predictive text as part of this package. Much leads fraught about how long I have left!

Heading for a talk a out the plant life in Central Park.

Linda

Good to hear all going well --what wifi package do you have? (looking for selves when we join you next week)

Fascinating talk about Central Park. Would get finger strain if I told all here. Will catch up when on laptop.

At top tier event. Big hugs from CD Drew Devine. He's lost 30lbs! Lots of catching up to do. Tells me Ovation of the Seas official title of Oasis 3...... is that right as I'm not up to speed with what is Quantum or Oasis 3 or 4.....

Linda

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Fascinating talk about Central Park. Would get finger strain if I told all here. Will catch up when on laptop.

At top tier event. Big hugs from CD Drew Devine. He's lost 30lbs! Lots of catching up to do. Tells me Ovation of the Seas official title of Oasis 3...... is that right as I'm not up to speed with what is Quantum or Oasis 3 or 4.....

Linda

Loving your blog.

The Ovation is the Quantum 3 name. No news on the Oasis 3 name yet.