Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Have come to zip line to meet a roll call friend to capture the moment but she's been held up somewhere. Will see if I can get someone else later......

Sorry I missed you - I think I remembered the time wrong. I was there at 2:30 - we must have just missed.

I ended up doing it (although, unfortunately, the zip line camera wasn't working. Sounded like she said it often doesn't on the last day because the pictures can't be processed in time?? Maybe I misunderstood - I was nervous and was wearing a helmet at the time.)

I will say that I was a bit scared. It's a bit daunting, but I just looked at everyone else doing it. Goes by super fast - honestly, I think I was most freaked out at the end because I thought I would fall backwards while he was un-connecting me.

Sorry I missed the slot pull - hard to plan because nobody knows what else is happening. I tried to see Splish Splash at that time - went to both secret balconies on 11 - both said were for crew only (do people ignore the signs or are these new?). One on 11 had a sign for maintenance hanging outside the curtains. Then tried one on 12 - same crew only sign, but also had red caution tape blocking the door. I figured 3 strikes so I just went down to 6 and watched from the back of the Aquatheater.

Absolutely agree with your "comedian" comments. I didn't enjoy them - particularly the 1st one. The headliner (a singer) was much funnier in his comments (of course, he also had a funny unplanned incident -his pants split, so he wore his jacket like an apron and kept the show going while somebody was fetching another pair.) regardless, he had people laughing and didn't have to resort to insulting anyone to do it. FYI - on Oasis 3, comedy club will be moving to the larger Blaze location.

Unless I am crazy, I didn't see the popular Quest or Love & Marriage on the calendar. That was a bummer - would have liked a little more selection the last night - although I loved the fountain show. Recommend - although several rows after the splash zone will get wet. Be warned! LOL

As usual, your blog is wonderful Linda. If you get a chance check out cabin 10723 for me? It's an AFT cabin facing the boardwalk, near the Aqua Theatre. Supposedly there is a great view of the ocean as well. We will be on Oasis in January.

Hi. It's a beautiful morning this morning on Oasis of the Seas. Was concerned yesterday that we'd left the sun behind.

Not going to be possible to see in rooms now as all doors, whether occupied or not, are firmly closed. Sorry.

MDR breakfast. Have requested GF pancakes and just been told 10 minutes..... This is why I asked to sit alone..... Hairspray was cancelled last night. Tracy had an injury. Last performance ever tonight. I have pre booked on line.

Last cruise internet package will run out around lunchtime. Wonder how they will charge for 6 days. It's been a major bonus for me to be able to pop on line during the day and not worry about the clock ticking. And it's also meant that I can upload images slowly slowly slowly.

M&M this morning. Boa and gift to exchange all ready :D

I'd like to wish all my Jewish friends here L'shana Tova, Happy New Year. May your year ahead be blessed with health, happiness and future cruises. There's a service tonight in the Pinnacle Chapel. If any of my family are following you know I love and miss you very much. Go eat honey cake. X

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Pancakes were not good.

Decided to go up to Solarium to check out their offerings. Took pic of MASSIVE queues outside WJ.

In Bistro saw guest eat fruit off large serving spoon with fingers and put spoon back. I made appropriate vocal sounds, grabbed spoon and handed to server behind the counter. She swapped out the whole dish. Grossed me out.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Back in room..... had my pic taken in Solarium.... by an Israeli!! The look on his face when I wished him 'Chag Sameach' (Happy holidays). :D

DSCN1874.jpg

Had left some pink feathers and a message in the CD box by Starbucks..... the feathers have ended up in the sombrero of an animal on his desk.....

DSCN1873.jpg

From my balcony

DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1876.jpg

This is the first time we have used an escalator to disembark

DSCN1877.jpg

We pass, or are passed by, many cyclists...... the road is mountainous and very bendy.....

DSCN1883.jpg

DSCN1884.jpg

Wild fruit

DSCN1886.jpg

At a stop en route..... someone left their message of love on the wall......

DSCN1887.jpg

The town is barely awake yet..... we have beaten the coach tours....

DSCN1888.jpg

The old town has a charming narrow shopping area full of wonderful smells.... everything is either open or being opened up.... am delighted as I had expected on Sunday these to be closed.... but it's still tourist season of course...

DSCN1889.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

...In Bistro saw guest eat fruit off large serving spoon with fingers and put spoon back. I made appropriate vocal sounds, grabbed spoon and handed to server behind the counter. She swapped out the whole dish. Grossed me out.

Unbelievable. Scares me to think of how often this happens and is not caught.

Back from M&M. Michele did an incredible job..... so much more charisma than the Activities Manager on Legend. Was lovely to touch base with so many from the roll call. I initially won a BOGOF for the Solarium Bistro in the raffle and gave it back. I ended up winning a rather nice fabric bag suitable for my boa to reside.... We were given an illustrated talk by Jan from the roll call about the Oasis build... many professional images and blue prints.....

I forgot to post the day 4 Compasses from last week so here they are.

Day 4 (Sept 21) Compass.pdf

Day 4 (Sept 21) Evening Planner.pdf

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Sorrento contd

DSCN1896.jpg

I came across this plaque..... I love discovering the unexpected.

DSCN1897.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg

This park is named after him

DSCN1899.jpg

Ibsen lived here in 1867. (info from wiki)

Love the little huts

DSCN1900.jpg

Heading back to meet the van

DSCN1901.jpg

Off topic thoughts (I'm allowed to do that!)(pics uploading so can't press submit until they're there!!)

We had a gift exchange at the M&M. So. Get this. The people I exchanged with were Israeli. You couldn't make this up. I got some Jerusalem chocolates. You can imagine my smile. They took away my English Heritage scented candle.

When I got back to my room just now there was an 'exclusive offer for this cruise only' on jewellery..... I got the same leaflet last cruise....

Bjorn, the dance instructor who organised the Flash Mob on my Adventure TA, was running a Bollywood Dance class before the M&M. Wish I'd known it was him as I would so have done that! I went up to him when they were finished.... he said he had seen me around last cruise and remembered me....

Yes Good idea to take the photo Linda. I have had this issue in the past since I am Canadian but in recent cruises out of USA it has been fine.

With embarking in Rotterdam in a few weeks I will do the same and take a photo. It is so irritating when RCI continues to do the conversion even though you clearly indicate otherwise.

Wonderful photos Thank you

That was done in Italy as well.

Please confirm my maths as I'm thinking I've lost the plot..... it's with my marbles.....

Today is Day 2 of a 7 day cruise. I just purchased a 7 day internet plan. I'm owed a day right?

I've just been line-dancing with Bjorn so my brain is a bit scrambled....

I concur with your math.

Back in room..... had my pic taken in Solarium.... by an Israeli!! The look on his face when I wished him 'Chag Sameach' (Happy holidays). :D

DSCN1874.jpg

Had left some pink feathers and a message in the CD box by Starbucks..... the feathers have ended up in the sombrero of an animal on his desk.....

DSCN1873.jpg

From my balcony

DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1876.jpg

This is the first time we have used an escalator to disemba

DSCN1877.jpg

I had read Drew had lost weight, my goodness what a difference from when we saw him last year !

Loving your pictures. I am in Bjorn's fan club as well. He is certainly moving around a lot. We saw him on Serenade and Adventure.