Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

A lady came up to me after line-dancing class.... she remembered me from the Flash Mob on Adventure!

Check out the profile on these rocks!!

DSCN1916.jpg

The drive is spectacular..... I'm so sorry my pics don't do it justice..... hopefully one of my companions will post here on their return

DSCN1917.jpg

DSCN1919.jpg

We arrive in Positano..... this town is perched on the side of a mountain that falls into the sea.... little streets strewn with shops..... many stairs and steep cobbled alley ways.

DSCN1920.jpg

DSCN1921.jpg

DSCN1922.jpg

I skipped lunch today. Formal night tonight so figured I won't go hungry. Now I'm peckish. Sigh. Would order room service but there's nothing there I fancy..... I have C&A biccies..... gluten..... and a chocolate milk in the 'fridge' that feels cold...... sorted.... and I have Udi's GF biscuits..... happy bunny.....

DSCN1935.jpg

DSCN1936.jpg

The Church of Santa Maria Assunta..... legend says that a ship was becalmed and the sailors heard a voice telling them to 'set me down'...... so they decided to place an icon they were carrying in the sea..... at that moment the wind picked up and they deposited the icon where the church now stands. As it's Sunday I am respectful of the places of worship and won't take photos of the interiors. Others do however.

DSCN1937.jpg

I told you it was steep.

DSCN1938.jpg

So many different coloured loafers

DSCN1939.jpg

DSCN1940.jpg

Love you review and pictures

Keep this up and you may get hired as a travel host on the Travel Channel

You hiring? ;)

Another family style restaurant

DSCN1960.jpg

Fabulous views

DSCN1961.jpg

DSCN1962.jpg

DSCN1963.jpg

Again, as yesterday, no menu..... just food brought out..... today the food was really, really good.... home grown tomatoes etc..... and home made wine.....

DSCN1964.jpg

DSCN1971.jpg

DSCN1972.jpg

The others got ice cream with theirs.... it has gluten in apparently.....

DSCN1973.jpg

This limoncello was much smoother than the one from yesterday..... still didn't manage the whole glass....

DSCN1974.jpg

I bought a bottle of the home made wine..... the owner signed the label!!

DSCN1975.jpg

We head off to Pompeii

DSCN1976.jpg

While I'm waiting for the next set of pics to upload let me tell you about the MDR tonight. Saffron.

I arrived at my booked time. The table I sat at last night is full. There is nowhere for me to sit with the same waitstaff unless I sit alone. According to the greeter with MTD you get sat wherever if you have MTD. In all the years I have been dining MTD this has never happened before. I was sat in a different area at a table for 10. On my own. And waited. I was then asked if 'd like to move to another table which already had diners.... so I did. A couple from Manchester who were absolutely lovely. We were joined by 3 ladies from Australia. Turned into a lovely meal. Not sure where I'll end up tomorrow.

DSCN1998.jpg

I get into a little system of listening to guides who are speaking English and tagging along...... it's very hot out there...... we have 2 hours.... I've had 3 glasses of wine with lunch.....

DSCN1977.jpg

We're heading to the baths.....

DSCN1978.jpg

DSCN1980.jpg

DSCN1982.jpg

DSCN1983.jpg

Have I mentioned how hot it is?

it's very hot out there...... we have 2 hours.... I've had 3 glasses of wine with lunch.....

We're heading to the baths.....

Have I mentioned how hot it is?

Uh-oh... This sounds like it might be the start to a funny story to come :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ace1zoe2

Just popped in to say am back from the very last performance ever of :

1544557_10154649867045352_8109774082242820455_n.jpg?oh=95be20e32bb2473bbff4ea47236443f6&oe=54C46587&__gda__=1422136511_6829f963401fdf19e6a80b61bb732ac5

It was awesome.

I'm not one for cruise ship shows. I've walked out of some.

This one rocked. I have sore hands from clapping.

They had prop malfunctions and deviations from the script.... to be expected for a last show.... a couple of the actors just dissolved in hysterics, was very very funny and totally endearing. The singing and dancing were totally on point. Music was terrific. I sat right behind the director who was in tears at the end. He danced and bopped his way through the show and during the last number sprayed 'hairspray' around his head!!

Brilliant. Kudos to all.

Great blog and photos Linda!

Here are some photos I took while we were in the van on the Amalfi coast.

Bicycles on our way to Sorrento

15337650181_06647ee35a_c.jpg

Limousine in Sorrento... :D

15337652181_2d11993bc5_c.jpg

Grapes along the road

15340831405_59f239bcb6_c.jpg

On our way to Positano

15340514572_cb58b6803b_c.jpg

Some more photos to follow.

/Erik

Some more photos on our way to Positano

15154249218_a6a9237c67_c.jpg

15154291937_50d397a068_c.jpg

On our way through Positano, down to the sea level (or as close to sea as we could get by car)

[15154297057_bb6f5f80c2_c.jpg

On our way from Positano to Pompeii

15154133670_f69e4d57e6_c.jpg

After this I didn't take any more photos from the van, just a movie as I wanted to record Giovanni (our driver) while he was singing. :)

/Erik

Super pics. Thanks Erik!

I don't suppose you have a pic of the driver talking with both hands off the wheel do you? ;)

Have a super day in Malaga!

Thanks!

No pics of the driver with both his hands off the wheel. You know, I had to grab the wheel by then... :D

Looks like it will be sunny today! Have a great day you too in Malaga, Linda!

/Erik

Breakfast chaos. 0920 turned away from MDR deck 3. They closed at 0900. Go up to WJ. Mega queues. Get told to go to Deck 3. Tell officer have been turned away from deck 3. He gets on phone. Am in MDR deck 3 with my OJ, cappuccino and eggs!

Hey, we had same experience-- well saw MDR closed at 0900, went to Windjammer mega queues, so ended up at wipeout cafe. Have idea that windjammer can not cope with numbers on board?