Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Linda, no need to be sorry for a cruise! :D

Another time maybe.

I will send some pics to you as soon as I have them sorted out. So much to do back home right now. I need to have some extra vacation! :D

/Erik

Thanks for the pic..... perfect.... can't see me grimacing!!! Have sent it off to be coped to canvas....

This pic was taken from a friend's Boardwalk balcony (Campbell51)

10671455_10152324557525764_1620087056309778060_n.jpg?oh=16bee9d16324c9c0422a83d26fadb8b4&oe=54C930C7

I am pretty sure that this is the prove of RC replacing the secret balconies with Aqua Theater Suits.

New deck plans are posted online now. The old secret balconies are now going to be Grand Suites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you, thank you! I am in the cabin next door, 11329 and my friend is in that cabin 11327. Now that I know we aren't losing those cabins I am very excited! I didn't realize the wake view was that good, also.:) It will be a feast for the eyes. Wake, Aquatheater, Promenade,movies, zipline and I see we will even have the added bonus of spying on any shenanigans on the Aquasuite balcones!:D;)

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

Thank you, thank you! I am in the cabin next door, 11329 and my friend is in that cabin 11327. Now that I know we aren't losing those cabins I am very excited! I didn't realize the wake view was that good, also.:) It will be a feast for the eyes. Wake, Aquatheater, Promenade,movies, zipline and I see we will even have the added bonus of spying on any shenanigans on the Aquasuite balcones!:D;)

Here's another view from the same room

10451739_10152324541155764_6869126778232925137_n.jpg?oh=37d0ada009a56d6e2ca0a1a3f049dff5&oe=54CD79E2

There's a plot and I've lost it.

I upgraded my mobile phone..... and have just spent quite some time searching for, downloading, uploading and installing the card reader 'bing' sound to be my incoming message alert......I just need someone to send me an sms now to test it out!

Post cruise blues evident....

There's a plot and I've lost it.

I upgraded my mobile phone..... and have just spent quite some time searching for, downloading, uploading and installing the card reader 'bing' sound to be my incoming message alert......I just need someone to send me an sms now to test it out!

Post cruise blues evident....

Your phone should have a text message email address. Depends on the carrier. For example, you can send a text to AT&T phones using <phone number>@txt.att.net. So email yourself a text message.:)

Your phone should have a text message email address. Depends on the carrier. For example, you can send a text to AT&T phones using <phone number>@txt.att.net. So email yourself a text message.:)

Thanks!

Oh I'm glowing with the success of this. It's a Nokia Lumia windows phone and actually is really easy to figure out..... even though it took me a while I was determined not to come here to ask how to! I downloaded the .mp3 to the laptop..... attached USB connector between phone and laptop..... copied file to relevant folder on phone and 'bing'o! :D

Now have to do the same for the ringtone..... find something sea related....

...downloading, uploading and installing the card reader 'bing' sound to be my incoming message alert......

That's nice! Now you'll feel like you're boarding a cruise ship every time you get a message! :D

Now have to do the same for the ringtone..... find something sea related....

Why not something from a steel drum band, like those playing on the pool deck? Just not something from the band playing onboard Oasis as the singing was a bit out of tune. :eek:

/Erik

That's nice! Now you'll feel like you're boarding a cruise ship every time you get a message! :D

Why not something from a steel drum band, like those playing on the pool deck? Just not something from the band playing onboard Oasis as the singing was a bit out of tune. :eek:

/Erik

If you have a pic of me dancing to that pool band on no account are you to post that here, understand?! ;) :eek:

I'm not sure if I posted before on your blog or not, but wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it and your pictures were awesome. I follow all the review/blogs and forget which ones I commented on. Anyway, I really loved it. I've followed several of them and enjoyed them all.

As for ringtones on a cell. Mine is "My Heart Will Go On" from the Titanic. I just love that song and movie. When I was on the Grandeur earlier this year, we were having the muster drill and I forgot to silence my cell. Right in the middle of the drill, my cell started ringing. I was trying to silence it as fast as I could, but you could not mistake the song. Someone yelled " why are they playing the Titanic song?" :o Needless to say, I was somewhat embarrassed. Last time I did that. It goes silent now. I think Caribbean music might be a better choice of tones. But, I am not changing mine yet. :p

Gwen :)

If you have a pic of me dancing to that pool band on no account are you to post that here, understand?! ;) :eek:

Now you made me look through all my photos from the pool deck! :D

Sadly I didn't find a single photo with someone with a pink boa. Maybe next time... ;)

/Erik

Now you made me look through all my photos from the pool deck! :D

Sadly I didn't find a single photo with someone with a pink boa. Maybe next time... ;)

/Erik

Phew.

I'm not sure if this place was open when we were in Rotterdam but it is now.... so interesting..... I see from the new deck plans that they've put 5 new rooms where the D lounge was..... the info I got about about Wonderland being there was wrong..... goes to show even those 'in the know' weren't......

http://markthalrotterdam.nl/en/

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed review. The gluten free food didn't look that great, was it better than it looked? I have celiac and my husband and I are cruising on the oasis in May. I hope the food is half decent.

Hello,

Thanks for your detailed review. The gluten free food didn't look that great, was it better than it looked? I have celiac and my husband and I are cruising on the oasis in May. I hope the food is half decent.

Hi.

All experiences are really personal and no doubt there are some will say it's fantastic. My experience was OK. 150 Central Park blew me away and Solarium Bistro did a really good job. And the pizza on the balcony was delicious! MDR disappointed. But then I take into account the fact that this was to all intents and purposes a winding down and I certainly did not feel that the MDR were too concerned. But then I've been spoilt and have said this before: Freedom chefs have it all sewn up!

It should not be the guest who has to ask for specific GF items but when learning that the guest has requirements the items should be offered.

Coming off my soapbox now.

Bagels, muffins, pizza, pasta, French toast, pancakes and bread should all be available in GF form. French fries are not necessarily GF. Neither is mashed potato. Never assume and ask a chef. Watch out for cross contamination in the buffet as some of the dishes will be GF but not necessarily prepared in the GF section. My intolerance can cope but you won't be able to. Not sure if the Cupcake Cupboard still exists post refit but they were worth the upcharge.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

I enjoyed gluten free items on Allure last year. Things were not marked gf. I had to ask, they had to check. But there was some good stuff.

That is good to hear :) as I said, I'll go in with low expectations. Hey, I can always live on piña coladas for a week !

• 4 weeks later...
On with the pics.....

The Diamond Lounge.....

WP_001168.jpg

WP_001162.jpg

WP_001163.jpg

Not having been on Lady O as of yet, we sail in April 15'. REALLY hate that we will be losing the Old DL:(. Looks amazing as compared to what will be the new DL in the dining room :(...

Thanks for all the Pics. Can't Wait!!

Edited by SharkByte