Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

Today's Compasses attached.

'Cupcake Cupboard' being moved to the Boardwalk. Will be a designer clothes shop in its place... I forget the name....

Sabor 2.0 where Seafood Shack currently resides.

'Willow' is being replaced by 'Michael Kors'.

The 'Diamond Lounge' will eventually be something called 'Wonderland'. DL moving to Deck 4 as is Izumi on opposite sides.

Viking Crown will be going. 2 new Royal Lofts.

6 new Aqua suites coming.

Whole bunch of rooms across the price range being incorporated but may not necessarily be bookable until end November.....

This is not all happening during refit. It's not all been months in the planning.... some of it has only been weeks....

The Living Walls in CP are being..... decimated.... as I write.... we saw workmen carrying plants out through the adjoining 2 staterooms on deck 10.

Linda,

Thank you for your outstanding blog as we sailed with you on the Oasis of the Seas. As someone who will be sailing on her shortly after her dry-dock I have followed this daily and enjoyed EVERYTHING!!

I surely will miss the VCL and well I guess the quest to get to the "hidden" balconies will be no more, BUT I like the idea of Sabor and Michael Kors.

Change is always good!!

Safe Travels!!

Linda I read your entire review last night. Great job as always.

Your photos of the Amalfi Coast brought back great memories from our Equinox cruise in June. Other than Venice, Sorrento and Positano have to be some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

I see you had seas like we did. Calm. Never felt the ship move in 14 days.

Welcome home and thanks again for the time spent sharing your journey. :)

Linda,

Thank you for your outstanding blog as we sailed with you on the Oasis of the Seas. As someone who will be sailing on her shortly after her dry-dock I have followed this daily and enjoyed EVERYTHING!!

I surely will miss the VCL and well I guess the quest to get to the "hidden" balconies will be no more, BUT I like the idea of Sabor and Michael Kors.

Change is always good!!

Safe Travels!!

Is Michael Kors a restaurant? I'm not familiar with that one.

Thank you. I guess that's why I couldn't find the menu, LOL!:D

I laughed at this cuz until a few months ago I had no idea who or what Michael Kors was. I'm so far behind the fashion curve! No way would I spend that much for a bag but I do love to window shop and browse.

It's not over until the fat lady sings.... not long now..... and I've been on the scales this morning so feel qualified enough..... pffft.

My car has a flat so am awaiting the breakdown people to come and pop some air in so I can drive to get a new tyre..... sigh....

So nice to get broadband back. Just uploading Rotterdam pics..... and am on 3rd load of laundry..... :eek:

It's not over until the fat lady sings.... not long now..... and I've been on the scales this morning so feel qualified enough..... pffft.

My car has a flat so am awaiting the breakdown people to come and pop some air in so I can drive to get a new tyre..... sigh....

So nice to get broadband back. Just uploading Rotterdam pics..... and am on 3rd load of laundry..... :eek:

Welcome home, Linda! What a pain to come home to- flat tire, loads of laundry, and a bit of dieting to do :eek: but you looked great in all your photos, so I'm sure you'll be all set shortly :)

Thanks again for giving us so much of your time! Looking forward to your next live blog :D

Ruth

More contractors boarding

DSCN2775.jpg

..... and even more

DSCN2776.jpg

The taxi lane is long and at this point I am happy to have one booked

DSCN2777.jpg

Just a few more contractors....

DSCN2778.jpg

Erik and Lennart heading for their transfer

DSCN2779.jpg

One last look.... at the ship and the line of contractors

DSCN2780.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

The police arrive and have stopped further taxis coming through to pick up

DSCN2781.jpg

I called the cab company numerous times. We gave up. RCL brought a large coach / bus around offering free transfer to the station. We grabbed it.

Another, and this time it is, final look back

DSCN2782.jpg

Rotterdam Centraal Station is hi-tech

DSCN2783.jpg

DSCN2784.jpg

DSCN2785.jpg

DSCN2786.jpg