Bit of a Blog : Oasis of the Seas : B2B : Barcelona – Rotterdam : September 18th '14

I have been pounding the corridors for you since lunch. As a thank you for following along.

Decks 11, 12 and 14. Aft. Port and starboard. With pics of what's happening there. Mostly nothing. Curtains and no entry signs. 14 Starboard there was work being undertaken and the smell of burning was not good.

Yes. Gone permanently. Will be 'Britto' store.

Sorry, Can I ask what a 'Britto' store is?

Linda, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the photo's of the ship. So looking forward to our adventure on her in just over two weeks.

Safe onward journey home. :)

Sorry, Can I ask what a 'Britto' store is?

Linda, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and seeing the photo's of the ship. So looking forward to our adventure on her in just over two weeks.

Safe onward journey home. :)

Britto is an art store:

http://www.britto.com/

Edited by clarea

I have been pounding the corridors for you since lunch. As a thank you for following along.

Decks 11, 12 and 14. Aft. Port and starboard. With pics of what's happening there. Mostly nothing. Curtains and no entry signs. 14 Starboard there was work being undertaken and the smell of burning was not good.

Very big thanks, Linda! Particularly interested in what's happening aft because DH and I booked one of the coveted Boardwalk balconies for our May Allure Med cruise (thanks to one of Emmys's posts :)), and I've been reading the posts by people who were bumped out of those cabins on several Oasis sailings :eek: RCI is being so mysterious about renovation plans that my TA is clueless as to what we should expect :(

CATS

Mamma Mia

We will rock you

Will be full length shows with an intermission.

This IS news to me! I knew about CATS, but what about Mama Mia? That is my very favorite Broadway show ever. Will that be on Oasis, too, or is that going to be on the Allure? I am happy they will be full length shows.:cool:

Thank you for all of the updates. I will have to check out to see what Wonderland will be offering. Most of the changes I am excited about. It remains to be seen how Dynamic Dining will work with a group of 10. I am hoping there will be no problem getting us all seated together. Of course, we all have to agree on which restaurants, which day first! That could be the hard part.;)

And once again a HUGE thank you for the wonderful LIVE review. This is among the best I have ever read. I will be watching for your reviews in the future.

This IS news to me! I knew about CATS, but what about Mama Mia? That is my very favorite Broadway show ever. Will that be on Oasis, too, or is that going to be on the Allure? I am happy they will be full length shows.:cool:

Thank you for all of the updates. I will have to check out to see what Wonderland will be offering. Most of the changes I am excited about. It remains to be seen how Dynamic Dining will work with a group of 10. I am hoping there will be no problem getting us all seated together. Of course, we all have to agree on which restaurants, which day first! That could be the hard part.;)

And once again a HUGE thank you for the wonderful LIVE review. This is among the best I have ever read. I will be watching for your reviews in the future.

Hi Ginny ~ Mama Mia is the broadway show on QUANTUM. Also Wonderland will debut on Quantum as well. I have that restaurant booked for my first evening on Quantum inaugural. :)

Hi Ginny ~ Mama Mia is the broadway show on QUANTUM. Also Wonderland will debut on Quantum as well. I have that restaurant booked for my first evening on Quantum inaugural. :)

Thanks, Emmy. I guess I had not been following along on the Quantum close enough. OK, so now I have a reason to book the Quantum, LOL! I will be looking for reviews for Wonderland. I am off to check it out right now.;)

Very big thanks, Linda! Particularly interested in what's happening aft because DH and I booked one of the coveted Boardwalk balconies for our May Allure Med cruise (thanks to one of Emmys's posts :)), and I've been reading the posts by people who were bumped out of those cabins on several Oasis sailings :eek: RCI is being so mysterious about renovation plans that my TA is clueless as to what we should expect :(

Ruth, there's a lot of misinformation floating about amongst the staff on board unfortunately. I get the impression that some are being fed by a rumour mill..... After 12 days on board I have asked different, very reliable, senior crew members for details and have only passed on what I believe to be the correct details.... and my impression from the many conversations I have had is that there is a lot being resolved still. Seriously. Not all the intended work will be completed during dry dock.

Someone asked me about numbers of crew during dry dock : there was no Captain's talk this week that I picked up in the Compass.... doesn't mean there wasn't one, I may have missed it.... from last week's talk : there are 2150 crew staying on board and 1500 contractors working 24/7

It's very obvious that new carpeting is needed on some decks near the elevator lobbies.

'Splish Splash' was cancelled because of the weather.... bit choppy and grey out there.... another show I've missed..... here's hoping 'Come Fly With Me' goes ahead later.....

Opening the curtains this morning..... the English Channel has to be on of the world's busiest routes.... bet they're having fun on the bridge.... there's craft to be seen ahead, aft and both sides!

DSCN2621.jpg

DSCN2073.jpg

I head to the CP talk..... those gnomes aren't going to get the better of me!

DSCN2622.jpg

There is still colour in the park

DSCN2623.jpg

Both living walls are being dismantled

DSCN2625.jpg

The birds are out but I don't catch a pic..... hopefully someone will add a pic here (Jan?). Apparently they have had owls on board; there are real as well as virtual crickets and once upon a time a snake.

DSCN2626.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg

Both neighbouring balcony rooms are used..... am assuming for all levels on both sides of the park

DSCN2631.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg

Not everything can fit in the lifts..... some of the trees were brought in by crane..... and they had to have a crane build the crane.... the whole park had to be assembled in 4 days..... a logistical nightmare as they had asked for 3 weeks.

DSCN2627.jpg

I pop in to Park Cafe to see what's for breakfast as I've not had any yet...... I grab a banana.

DSCN2634.jpg

DSCN2635.jpg

You can tell the weather has changed. A lot.

DSCN2642.jpg

Meet the Stars for C&A guests. Hairspray. Oasis of Dreams. Frozen in Time.

DSCN2643.jpg

View of the crane from the Viking Crown

DSCN2644.jpg

How bare this has become now.

DSCN2646.jpg

There's a parade

DSCN2649.jpg

DSCN2651.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Deck 4..... work in progress :

There is the sound of work behind the door....

DSCN2652.jpg

This side is silent

DSCN2653.jpg

So I go in.....

Currently looks like this (it's open to the main dining room) :

DSCN2654.jpg

Major line outside the MDR for lunch

DSCN2655.jpg

So I go up to WJ and have a yummy salad.... not this.....

DSCN2656.jpg

There's traffic out there

DSCN2658.jpg

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Ruth, there's a lot of misinformation floating about amongst the staff on board unfortunately. I get the impression that some are being fed by a rumour mill..... After 12 days on board I have asked different, very reliable, senior crew members for details and have only passed on what I believe to be the correct details.... and my impression from the many conversations I have had is that there is a lot being resolved still. Seriously. Not all the intended work will be completed during dry dock.

Someone asked me about numbers of crew during dry dock : there was no Captain's talk this week that I picked up in the Compass.... doesn't mean there wasn't one, I may have missed it.... from last week's talk : there are 2150 crew staying on board and 1500 contractors working 24/7

It's very obvious that new carpeting is needed on some decks near the elevator lobbies.

Thanks, Linda! I guess I can hope that they'll learn from their experience renovating Oasis, and have a non-disrupting plan set for Allure's renovation well in advance :eek::rolleyes::). Oy!