another diamond lounge question

late seating

Freedom of the Seas CL and DL times for nightly drinks are 4:30 - 8:00. The three drinks are loaded onto your seapass card daily and expire each night. I asked in Boleros if I could get a mojito with my "coupon" and was given a sheet of available drinks. Then, I asked if I could get a lemon drop martini. I was told I could, but it would use two of my coupons. After that first try, we didn't go to any other lounge, except DL and CL. I could have as many lemon drops at either of those, in fact the servers in those lounges bring more drinks before you finish one! The first night on Freedom in August, the DL was not serving drinks, but they had a special in Pharoah's lounge for Diamond and up C&A members. Concierge lounge and Diamond lounge times vary by ship with the dining times. Freedom late dinner is 8:00, and most other ships it is 8:30, so CL and DL on those ships are 5:00 - 8:30.

Freedom of the Seas CL and DL times for nightly drinks are 4:30 - 8:00. The three drinks are loaded onto your seapass card daily and expire each night. I asked in Boleros if I could get a mojito with my "coupon" and was given a sheet of available drinks. Then, I asked if I could get a lemon drop martini. I was told I could, but it would use two of my coupons. After that first try, we didn't go to any other lounge, except DL and CL. I could have as many lemon drops at either of those, in fact the servers in those lounges bring more drinks before you finish one! The first night on Freedom in August, the DL was not serving drinks, but they had a special in Pharoah's lounge for Diamond and up C&A members. Concierge lounge and Diamond lounge times vary by ship with the dining times. Freedom late dinner is 8:00, and most other ships it is 8:30, so CL and DL on those ships are 5:00 - 8:30.

I had the opposite experience on the Vision. I handed my seapass card with a dollar for each drink I was ordering, and ordered off the regular bar menu every night. We were on a b2b, and I had a mojito almost every night.

Edited by pcur

I guess another silly quetion... Are you limited to 3 drinks only in the diamond lounge, or is that if you use the coupons else where.

So lets say you go to the DL and drink 5 drinks in an hour. Can you still use the 3 coupons loaded on your card in other bars.

One last question. I am a Diamond member but the person sharing a room with me is not. Will I still be able to bring him to the Diamond lounge, and will they serve him?

Thanks Norma

I guess another silly quetion... Are you limited to 3 drinks only in the diamond lounge, or is that if you use the coupons else where.

So lets say you go to the DL and drink 5 drinks in an hour. Can you still use the 3 coupons loaded on your card in other bars.

One last question. I am a Diamond member but the person sharing a room with me is not. Will I still be able to bring him to the Diamond lounge, and will they serve him?

Thanks Norma

You are only limited when getting drinks outside the DL. Drinks in the DL are not counted against the vouchers.

Thanks Norma

Hopefully a couple of those will be soft drinks

Thanks Norma

Non diamond members are not allowed in the DL. I think this is one of the reasons they went to the voucher system. And yes, during the DL hours, you can drink as much as you want in the DL and then use the vouchers in other locations. Remember all of this is only during the DL hours.

Thanks Norma

I can only tell you my experience, not what every Diamond Concierge will do. I have been on 4 cruises as a D/D+ with my bff, who is not . She was allowed in the Diamond Lounge with me on 3 cruises, after checking with the Concierge first.

On the other cruise she was allowed in the Diamond Event to buy her wine for the 25% discount. After the first night, the bar staff just brought her the wine.

With the 3 vouchers per night, I used them for her also on our b2b Vision cruises recently. I would give my card and the tips for 2 drinks, and they would bring both our drinks at the same time. My friend insisted on paying for almost all the $1 tips for the vouchered drinks; even though I insisted on "paper-scissors-stone" to decide, she wasn't going for that. We would then go to the Diamond Lounge (with permission for her) to get champagne to take to the dining room with us.

Edited by pcur

I had the opposite experience on the Vision. I handed my seapass card with a dollar for each drink I was ordering, and ordered off the regular bar menu every night. We were on a b2b, and I had a mojito almost every night.

There were four of us ordering different drinks at Boleros, and we tipped $1 per drink, also. Then, we went to the DL or CL the rest of the week. We were all four D+.

I have been on some cruises, and asked if non D+, but very high Diamond member could come into the concierge lounge with me. We were both in the same junior suite. Once the concierge told us, "You KNOW the rules." So, we both went to the Diamond lounge. Another time, same ship, both us staying in same junior suite, but different concierge, we were told she could also come into concierge lounge with me. So, it is definitely up to the concierge. Most of them check the first night to determine whether or not each guest coming into the DL or CL are really supposed to be there. Some are told not to come back, if they are in lounges where they don't belong. We have had friends who have been called on their phones after the first night and told NOT to bring their guests back. We have also witnessed the concierge in the Diamond Lounge tell people in shorts, they were not dressed properly and told to leave. On the other hand, we have been in the Concierge Lounge on formal night, all our group dressed, and had many suite guests come dressed in shorts, t shirts and flip flops. The concierge(same one who wouldn't allow my D friend to come into CL on a different cruise) told someone who asked about a dress code that it was only a suggestion, and he couldn't/wouldn't tell them to leave. Although he's never told us, he also has told other D+ people to go to their lounge!(meaning the Diamond lounge.

There were four of us ordering different drinks at Boleros, and we tipped $1 per drink, also. Then, we went to the DL or CL the rest of the week. We were all four D+.

I have been on some cruises, and asked if non D+, but very high Diamond member could come into the concierge lounge with me. We were both in the same junior suite. Once the concierge told us, "You KNOW the rules." So, we both went to the Diamond lounge. Another time, same ship, both us staying in same junior suite, but different concierge, we were told she could also come into concierge lounge with me. So, it is definitely up to the concierge. Most of them check the first night to determine whether or not each guest coming into the DL or CL are really supposed to be there. Some are told not to come back, if they are in lounges where they don't belong. We have had friends who have been called on their phones after the first night and told NOT to bring their guests back. We have also witnessed the concierge in the Diamond Lounge tell people in shorts, they were not dressed properly and told to leave. On the other hand, we have been in the Concierge Lounge on formal night, all our group dressed, and had many suite guests come dressed in shorts, t shirts and flip flops. The concierge(same one who wouldn't allow my D friend to come into CL on a different cruise) told someone who asked about a dress code that it was only a suggestion, and he couldn't/wouldn't tell them to leave. Although he's never told us, he also has told other D+ people to go to their lounge!(meaning the Diamond lounge.

The bar management at Bolero's must have been picky about the vouchered drinks, for sure.

I always find the Concierge on day 1 and ask first about my friend. That way the Concierge doesn't have to feel uncomfortable with my friend involved in the conversation. I wouldn't think of just walking in with her.

I've been accused on this board several times of "coercion", being overbearing and impolite, all kinds of things. Just a simple conversation about whether there is room for my friend or not, and a simple yes or no answer. We always make sure there are seats available when we go in, too; never taking the last seats.

Edited by pcur

It will be my first Diamond cruise on the Oasis in January. However my sister, who is going with me, is not Diamond. I will probably be using the coupons loaded onto my sea pass. I would love to see the Diamond Lounge however do not want to upset my sister with her not being allowed entrance. Guess I will wait until my next cruise to enter!:) Rather have my sister with me then entrance to the lounge!

On our Navigator trip in August (2014) the DL was from 4:30pm-8:00pm.

We got friendly with one of the bartenders and they let us pick the drink of our choice each night, nothing extravagant, my husband wanted Coors light and it wasn't on the list. I really don't understand the reasoning as to why if you're a diamond member you can't just have any drink, I mean it's just three drinks. It makes it awkward for the bartenders to have to say "oh, you can't have that, it's not on the list". I know, I know....it would cost too much, but I would even be ok with two drink limit if I could get my margarita with Patron instead of cheap tequila, but that's just my opinion.

;)