another diamond lounge question

late seating

Next week we will be going on our first cruise as a diamond member. We are also elite members on Celebrity. On Celebrity, the lounge serving the complimentary drinks

is not open on the first night of the cruise or the night of the captains party. On Royal

is the diamond lounge open and/or the vouchers accepted on those two nights?

Next week we will be going on our first cruise as a diamond member. We are also elite members on Celebrity. On Celebrity, the lounge serving the complimentary drinks

is not open on the first night of the cruise or the night of the captains party. On Royal

On Royal, the DL serves cocktails every night, usually from 5pm to 8:30pm.

The DL can be accessed 24 hours via your room key. This is good for getting complimentary specialty coffee.

Edited by clarea

Just off the Allure. I do not know about the lounge as I never used it but our three free drinks as Diamond members were available in any of the bars from 6 pm and the free drinks were available on all nights including the first night.

There is no coupon. You can go to any bar as you board give them your sea pass card and they can give you a print out of all your perks.

You still have to sign a tab with a zero balance for your free drinks.

May I ask which ship, because I see that you live in NY, and if it is the Explorer, there is still no Diamond Club on that ship!

May I ask which ship, because I see that you live in NY, and if it is the Explorer, there is still no Diamond Club on that ship!

Yes, we are on the Explorer, very good! But, we read, probably on Cruise Critic, that these class ships designate one of the lounges/bars to be the Diamond lounge. Is that not correct?

By the way, not to give our ages away but we loved to watch Topo Gigio on the Ed Sullivan show.

Connie & Angelo

Yes, we are on the Explorer, very good! But, we read, probably on Cruise Critic, that these class ships designate one of the lounges/bars to be the Diamond lounge. Is that not correct?

By the way, not to give our ages away but we loved to watch Topo Gigio on the Ed Sullivan show.

Connie & Angelo

Yes, but they are only open during the cocktail hours (no continental breakfast or specialty coffee machine), an free drinks limited to wine and soda. Coupons are much better.

Just off the Allure. I do not know about the lounge as I never used it but our three free drinks as Diamond members were available in any of the bars from 6 pm and the free drinks were available on all nights including the first night.

There is no coupon. You can go to any bar as you board give them your sea pass card and they can give you a print out of all your perks.

You still have to sign a tab with a zero balance for your free drinks.

Wow...did they change the hours? Thought it was always 5:00 to 8:30 not 6:00?

Connie & Angelo

No it's called the Diamond Event and is not the same as the Diamond lounge.

Yes, but they are only open during the cocktail hours (no continental breakfast or specialty coffee machine), an free drinks limited to wine and soda. Coupons are much better.
Edited by FLACRUISER99

It can vary a little by ship...5-8...5:30- 8:30....generally a 3 hr span...and the drink coupons on the seapass card are good during that same time frame..

It is from from 5-8:30. Its always been that on Allure and Oasis. Some ships vary by location (Region sailing) of the ships. He probably had a typo.

Edited by Bosjoe

Btw till what time can you use the 3 drinks loaded on your sea pass?

I am not sure. some people here say 8.30 or 9 . As I said before I did use the Diamond Lounge. I prefer the outside bars. I did get drinks way after 9 pm. but I always tipped on each drink so not sure if that had anything to do with it.

This may be a dumb question, but it is the first time as a diamond. Do they have food in the DL? I know on Princess they have a "theme" every night in the lounge regarding food.

Thanks

There are hot and cold snacks during the cocktail hour from about 5pm to 8:30pm.

This may be a dumb question, but it is the first time as a diamond. Do they have food in the DL? I know on Princess they have a "theme" every night in the lounge regarding food.

Thanks

no theme. The food in the CL and DL are just fresh fruit and cheese, vegetable tray with dip, canapes, hot hor 'deurves (chicken wings, egg rolls, meat balls, etc), and dessert canapes. It's all finger food. Many nights its the same stuff.