It's official. Third Quantum-class ship to be called Ovation of the Seas.

Lloyd555

Ovation along with Pulse was listed as being trademarks that Royal Caribbean had passed on from the original group that also included Vantage and Passion. Since this one is obviously still active, I would not be surprised if Pulse was for Q4 (if done) while Passion and Vantage would fit Oasis 3 and 4 nicely.

I have to admit though that Ovation and Anthem sound nice together, along with Pulse. Quantum doesn't really fit this naming group. Would have been better to have the Anthem class with the later 3 names instead of Quantum. Quantum just doesn't have the same party/entertainment vibe to it that Anthem, Ovation, and even Pulse have.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Lloyd, you fast typer! ;)

Steel cutting has started today at Meyer Werft. Her delivery is scheduled for May 2016, if I remember it correctly.

Here's the photo @RoyalCaribPR tweeted:

Bx0bSzuCMAAmSIy.jpg:large

Nice photo. Thanks for sharing.

Fast typer indeed! :D

Out of the copyrighted names, I preferred "Passion of the Seas"..maybe that will be Oasis 3. I'm not sure why "Ovation" sounds so wrong...it's a good word, but it doesn't "feel" right to me. I'm sure it will grow on me in time. At least we have a name now. I wonder why they haven't named Oasis 3 yet, considering it's already being built?

Edited by reney313

Ovation Cell Therapy is a Hair Restoration treatment. Just sayin... I used to hear the ads repeatedly on the radio and that's what I think of. I don't build them, I finance them. I'm just happy to be able to sail on them no matter what the name is.

Seems like quite a few RCI and Carnival ships have the same names except for RCI's "........of the Seas"

Did anybody find any info about any option or plans for Q4 ?

Sometimes they announce this along the steel cutting ceremony ...

It sounds like I have a lot of cruising MUST-DOs ahead in the next couple of years :p

Well, and I now have good reasons for it too :cool:

Well, Richard Fain did not attend the start steel cutting at Quantum and Anthem. I am pretty sure, they did more than just steel cutting today. Otherwise it is also possible that RF will be onboard Quantum's river conveyance.

If I had to bet, I'd say there will be at least four Quantum-class ships.

I know Ovation continues Anthem's music theme, but when I hear that word the first thing that comes to mind is eggs (ova is the Latin word for eggs, which shows up in many English words such as ovate, oval, ovarium, and ovulation).

Edited by ahecht

Ovation Cell Therapy is a Hair Restoration treatment. Just sayin... I used to hear the ads repeatedly on the radio and that's what I think of. I don't build them, I finance them. I'm just happy to be able to sail on them no matter what the name is.

Seems like quite a few RCI and Carnival ships have the same names except for RCI's "........of the Seas"

In my opinion, out of the large cruise lines Celebrity wins hands down with ship names.

If I had to bet, I'd say there will be at least four Quantum-class ships.

I would hope so, but would not bet Money on that. Four Oasis class ships and 3 Quantums ... unless they get rid of older ships I can't imagine to have the ships of that capacity full year around.

Also Freedom class has 'only' 3 sister ships... ;-)

I'm down on my knees begging Alaska. Sail out of San Francisco round trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ovation will most likely take Anthems place in Southhampton in the Summer and Florida during the winter. If anything Q4 (if exercised) could do Alaska, BUT it would most likely be from Seattle or Vancouver.

Out of the copyrighted names, I preferred "Passion of the Seas"..maybe that will be Oasis 3. I'm not sure why "Ovation" sounds so wrong...it's a good word, but it doesn't "feel" right to me. I'm sure it will grow on me in time. At least we have a name now. I wonder why they haven't named Oasis 3 yet, considering it's already being built?

My teenage niece just read this over my shoulder and said "uuuggghhh how can they call a ship ovulation of the seas"

There says it all !!!!!!!!!!

Ovation will most likely take Anthems place in Southhampton in the Summer and Florida during the winter. If anything Q4 (if exercised) could do Alaska, BUT it would most likely be from Seattle or Vancouver.

My thoughts exactly. Ovation was supposed to be Asia but Bermuda not dredging flipped everything around so it would take Anthem's place so Anthem can take Quantum's place since Quantum is taking Ovation's place. After all that I kind of want to see a Q4 just so it can keep it's own place with Alaska and Australia.

I'm surprised they named Quantum 3 already and not Oasis 3 since Oasis 3 is due out in the Spring of 2016 and Quantum 3 isn't due out till the fall of 2016

I agree! And, we haven't heard a thing about her construction is going, have we? Personally, I am much more interested in Oasis 3 and what they might be changing/upgraded with her, than Quantum Class anything. But, that's just me!