It's official. Third Quantum-class ship to be called Ovation of the Seas.

Lloyd555

New trademark applications were filed for

Spectrum of the Seas

Pulse of the Seas

Passion of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Joy of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Emblem of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

I see Passion and Harmony for the next Oasis class ships. Should they change their mind about a 4'th Quantum class I could see Spectrum.

I misread it as Ovulation of the Seas and now I can't get that out of my brain!

Neither can I. I was even looking at Carnival Breeze pictures. The main theater is called the Ovation Theater and now you guys keep making me read it as Ovulation Theater!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Any guesses where Ovation could be deployed?

IMHO it would be logical to deploy her out of Southampton, because Anthem sails out of Cape Liberty...

IMHO it would not make any sense to transfer Anthem back to Europe and to transfer Ovation to the US... but we will see.

After RCI decided to send Quantum to Shanghai instead of building Anthem for the Asian market, anything is possible. I like your ideas, but it seems the newest member of the fleet should always be deployed in the US.

After RCI decided to send Quantum to Shanghai instead of building Anthem for the Asian market, anything is possible. I like your ideas, but it seems the newest member of the fleet should always be deployed in the US.

I like your idea of the newest member of the fleet being deployed in the US Master. We're hoping for a permanent ship in Bayonne, but it's also nice having a selection like Quantum, Liberty and Anthem in Bayonne. Time will tell.

I would say that they go back to their initial plan even though the ships are different.

Bayonne year round.

Southampton in the summer and FLL in the winter.

Asia.

I tend to agree that they will go back to the original plan. Whether Anthem goes back to UK is still the big question. With Ovation on the way RCI can make modifications to suite a specific market based on feedback they have received thus far and more they are about to get when Quantum sets sail soon. We have already seen some changes to Anthem with more Family JS and GS as a result of initial booking demand on Quantum.

Hmm... Anthem as the newest ship won't be deployed in US in summer 2015, she will sail from Southampton.

I won't understand the effort to deploy Ovation in US from April/May, since she will be built in Europe.

It also won't be senseful to send Anthem back to Europe than since she sails from Cape Liberty prior to summer 2016...

Hmm... Anthem as the newest ship won't be deployed in US in summer 2015, she will sail from Southampton.

I won't understand the effort to deploy Ovation in US from April/May, since she will be built in Europe.

It also won't be senseful to send Anthem back to Europe than since she sails from Cape Liberty prior to summer 2016...

Yeah, the Indy set sail in the UK first and was known as the UK's ship. I would not be surprised if the same was done with Ovation, that was the original intent with Anthem until Quantum got sent to Asia.

Yeah, the Indy set sail in the UK first and was known as the UK's ship. I would not be surprised if the same was done with Ovation, that was the original intent with Anthem until Quantum got sent to Asia.

But is Ovation not being launched in the fall of 2016.

I think that Anthem will stay in NJ once she arrives in the fall of 2015. When Ovation is launched, depending on how late in the season it is I could see her doing a few sailings from Southampton but if she does not launch until later in the fall I could see her making her way directly to FLL for the winter and then back to Southampton in the spring.

We are both saying the same thing it will just depend on when in the fall she is launched as to where she first sails from.

But is Ovation not being launched in the fall of 2016.

I think that Anthem will stay in NJ once she arrives in the fall of 2015. When Ovation is launched, depending on how late in the season it is I could see her doing a few sailings from Southampton but if she does not launch until later in the fall I could see her making her way directly to FLL for the winter and then back to Southampton in the spring.

We are both saying the same thing it will just depend on when in the fall she is launched as to where she first sails from.

According to the statement of Meyer Werft, Ovation is scheduled to be delivered in spring 2016.

So it would definitely make sense to deploy her from UK, and Anthem from NJ.

I'm confused on this one now. The original order and Meyer Werft all say Spring 2016. The new "third smart ship" press release from Royal Caribbean and every one sourcing it claim Autumn. Normally I would say Royal is the best source but their PR department has had bad information so many itmes lately I'm not sure they are anymore. At this point who knows when she's really setting sail, my money in on Spring since the ship yard delivering it says so. Who knows maybe Royal plans to let her sit 6 months, lol.

Meanwhile the name of the third Quantum class ship was published as well - “Ovation of the Seas”. Delivery of the ship is planned for spring 2016. The sister ships, Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas, will be delivered in fall 2014 and spring 2015. The Quantum class ships will be 168000 gross tons and have a capacity of 4.200 passengers.

The steel cutting for Ovation of the Seas, scheduled to be delivered in the autumn of 2016, took place at the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany, where Quantum of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas and now Ovation of the Seas are being built.

I'm confused on this one now. The original order and Meyer Werft all say Spring 2016. The new "third smart ship" press release from Royal Caribbean and every one sourcing it claim Autumn. Normally I would say Royal is the best source but their PR department has had bad information so many itmes lately I'm not sure they are anymore. At this point who knows when she's really setting sail, my money in on Spring since the ship yard delivering it says so. Who knows maybe Royal plans to let her sit 6 months, lol.

I had always thought that Oasis 3 was spring and Q3 (Ovation) was fall. More mysteries.

I had always thought that Oasis 3 was spring and Q3 (Ovation) was fall. More mysteries.

I've always heard Oasis 3 as Mid 2016. Would be nice if they could all just use months since they know that when they place the order.

Edited by DEIx15x8

Steel cutting for Quantum otS started in Feb 2013, and she will be finished in fall 2014 - so more or less 1,5 years construction.

When steel cutting of Ovation was in Sep 2014, and 1,5 years later she will be finished, spring 2016 is the most logical finishing date, IMHO...

The yard should know best when they get finished the ship...

Edited by celebrity_fan

They should call the new Oasis class ships Temptation of the Seas (which works with Allure) and Haven of the Seas (which goes with Oasis). :)

I like those names, they have a slightly more sofisticated feel than many of the ones they trademarked.