It's official. Third Quantum-class ship to be called Ovation of the Seas.

Lloyd555

I know Ovation continues Anthem's music theme, but when I hear that word the first thing that comes to mind is eggs (ova is the Latin word for eggs, which shows up in many English words such as ovate, oval, ovarium, and ovulation).

You have just echoed my thoughts,also a bit medical for my liking.

Meh. I don't really feel like there's a cohesive flow between the ship names in this class.

Hard to get it as right as they did with Freedom, Liberty and Independence. They at least sound like they were thought up by the same people and/or at the same time.

Also note Mariner, Voyager, Navigator, Adventure and Explorer all fit a common theme.

I don't dislike Ovation of the Seas at all; but like this poster observes, if there's a naming strategy other than picking out pleasing words at random, not seeing it.

Back in December 2013 I noted the below in response to another posting from G85 SS.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1951933

Quote:

After a great "Anthem" a standing "Ovation" usually follows

If they keep the current names they have reserved maybe they will use "Passion" for the next Oasis class ship.

End Quote

Well, Richard Fain did not attend the start steel cutting at Quantum and Anthem. I am pretty sure, they did more than just steel cutting today. Otherwise it is also possible that RF will be onboard Quantum's river conveyance.

If I had to bet, I'd say there will be at least four Quantum-class ships.

Looks like both Adam and Hari are missing from this steel cutting. Thanks for the photo.

Ovation Cell Therapy is a Hair Restoration treatment. Just sayin... I used to hear the ads repeatedly on the radio and that's what I think of. I don't build them, I finance them. I'm just happy to be able to sail on them no matter what the name is.

Seems like quite a few RCI and Carnival ships have the same names except for RCI's "........of the Seas"

Just noticed an error in my previous post. I do NOT finance the building of these ships, just the upkeep :rolleyes:

Let'sGo, yes I have to admit Celebrity does have some nice ship names.

LangleyCruisers I never heard of that candy but it sure sounds delish!

It would be great if Ovation did some unique sailings. Maybe she will be able to make it through the locks in the new Panama Canal? Or perhaps she could so a Mediterranean cruise?

It would be a great excuse for us to try the ship since we already have Quantum and Anthem booked from NJ.

Or possibly Alaska. The north star would be nice for glaciers

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

New trademark applications were filed for

Spectrum of the Seas

Pulse of the Seas

Passion of the Seas

Ovation of the Seas

Joy of the Seas

Harmony of the Seas

Emblem of the Seas

Apex of the Seas

I like Spectrum for Q4, continuing the n/m endings. I like Emblem for O3. I think Royal should stick to vowels for Oasis class. Maybe they can do all five vowels if they build five Oasises.

I like Spectrum for Q4, continuing the n/m endings. I like Emblem for O3. I think Royal should stick to vowels for Oasis class. Maybe they can do all five vowels if they build five Oasises.

I like that idea, a subtle way of saying their more important than the rest, lol.