It's official. Third Quantum-class ship to be called Ovation of the Seas.

Lloyd555

I've always heard Oasis 3 as Mid 2016. Would be nice if they could all just use months since they know that when they place the order.

Just went and read the 2013 annual report and they list both Ovation and Oasis 3 as due out in 2'nd quarter 2016 so anytime between April and June. Looks like Royals PR messed it up again.

So if both ships will be launched at roughly the same time why do we know the name of Ovation and not Oasis 3. I wonder if it will be a month or so after the launch of the Quantum so as to keep all the attention focused on her and save new details of oasis 3 until after that.

Just went and read the 2013 annual report and they list both Ovation and Oasis 3 as due out in 2'nd quarter 2016 so anytime between April and June. Looks like Royals PR messed it up again.

So if both ships will be launched at roughly the same time why do we know the name of Ovation and not Oasis 3. I wonder if it will be a month or so after the launch of the Quantum so as to keep all the attention focused on her and save new details of oasis 3 until after that.

Right now they are in the Quantum hype machine mode. I'm sure they don't want everyone to suddenly go, hey there is another Oasis class that will be the largest and most amazing thing ever done, rather than focusing on the current class.

Right now they are in the Quantum hype machine mode. I'm sure they don't want everyone to suddenly go, hey there is another Oasis class that will be the largest and most amazing thing ever done, rather than focusing on the current class.

Personally, I am more excited for Oasis 3. Maybe it will come to PC when the new terminal is built! I have also heard RUMORS (strictly rumors) that Oasis 3 might have water slides.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Personally, I am more excited for Oasis 3. Maybe it will come to PC when the new terminal is built! I have also heard RUMORS (strictly rumors) that Oasis 3 might have water slides.

That's what it looked like in the photos.

With the way prices have dropped on Oasis and Allure this past year they need to put some added bells and whistles on Oasis 3 and 4 if they want to get the prices back up to what they were.

That's what it looked like in the photos.

With the way prices have dropped on Oasis and Allure this past year they need to put some added bells and whistles on Oasis 3 and 4 if they want to get the prices back up to what they were.

Do you think that the overall price for the Oasis class could drop once the other two ships are out? The demand will still be high but the supply will be greater.

Here is a rendering of Oasis 3, including the water slide:

4abaf66502a62f53126dcc1743f9a7c9.jpg

To me, it seems kinda similar to the slides on the Carnival Fantasy and Dream classes...i.e. an enclosed tube. I would like to see something different, like Royal known for. Perhaps something like AquaDuck or that bowl slide on Norwegian Epic.

Here is a rendering of Oasis 3, including the water slide:

4abaf66502a62f53126dcc1743f9a7c9.jpg

To me, it seems kinda similar to the slides on the Carnival Fantasy and Dream classes...i.e. an enclosed tube. I would like to see something different, like Royal known for. Perhaps something like AquaDuck or that bowl slide on Norwegian Epic.

Or how about the tube at Atlantis that goes through the shark tank but you could start on the pool deck and finish in Central Park. Or Bombay at Wet n Wild where the bottom drops out and you plunge a hundred feet down.

Do you think that the overall price for the Oasis class could drop once the other two ships are out? The demand will still be high but the supply will be greater.

Oasis and Allure have already dropped quite a bit. I think 3 and 4 will command higher prices and that either Oasis or Allure will move overseas where they can command higher prices. The Caribbean market is over saturated with ships right now. It's also getting to the retirement point for some of their smaller ships that will reduce the number of berths available.

Oasis and Allure have already dropped quite a bit. I think 3 and 4 will command higher prices and that either Oasis or Allure will move overseas where they can command higher prices. The Caribbean market is over saturated with ships right now. It's also getting to the retirement point for some of their smaller ships that will reduce the number of berths available.

It will be very interesting if Oasis and Allure move overseas. I don't see both of them being in Europe at the same time. Europe can handle them, but can Asia handle the Oasis class?

It will be very interesting if Oasis and Allure move overseas. I don't see both of them being in Europe at the same time. Europe can handle them, but can Asia handle the Oasis class?

I wonder if that is what they are doing testing the Allure (and to a lesser extent the Oasis) doing Mediterranean cruises? The Allure will be doing the Liberty's Med cruises next year, but I wonder what they will do in 2016? Will the Allure or Oasis do the Med cruises out of Barcelona or will they bring the Liberty back to Europe?

I wonder if that is what they are doing testing the Allure (and to a lesser extent the Oasis) doing Mediterranean cruises? The Allure will be doing the Liberty's Med cruises next year, but I wonder what they will do in 2016? Will the Allure or Oasis do the Med cruises out of Barcelona or will they bring the Liberty back to Europe?

Oasis 3 set to launch 2'nd quarter of 2016 so my guess is she will at least spend the summer in Europe.

You can book Allure until June 2016 for the Caribbean - so I would exclude the possibility that she returns to Europe.

I could imagine that the Oasis newbuild (delivery 2016) sails out of Barcelona, or Independence otS. I have no idea what she could do in 2016...

Liberty otS is due to move to Galveston, I imagne she stays year-round there in 2016.

You can book Allure until June 2016 for the Caribbean - so I would exclude the possibility that she returns to Europe.

I could imagine that the Oasis newbuild (delivery 2016) sails out of Barcelona, or Independence otS. I have no idea what she could do in 2016...

Liberty otS is due to move to Galveston, I imagne she stays year-round there in 2016.

It looks to me as she will be in Florida in 2016, I'd imagine that Allure in Europe is a test and everything will be based on feedback but I'm not sure how it will be with only one sea day in her med cruise compared to 3 in caribbean with all the activities she has to offer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

It looks to me as she will be in Florida in 2016, I'd imagine that Allure in Europe is a test and everything will be based on feedback but I'm not sure how it will be with only one sea day in her med cruise compared to 3 in caribbean with all the activities she has to offer

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We will see - Allure comes to Europe due to the dry dock in Rotterdam in 2015, and in contradiction to Oasis, RCI deploys Allure a full season in Europe.

Maybe RCI sends a Freedom-Class-ship to Europe in 2016 again, if Allure is not booked sooo good in Europe.

I personally do not like the fact that Liberty leaves Europe.

When Allure is coming, Villefranche (France)will disappear from the itinerary, because Allure cannot tender there.

But for me, Villefranche was the nicest port on that itinerary.

Maybe in 2016, Independence is doing that cruise...

At first I thought Ovation could do the 7-nighter from Barcelona, but if she would do so, probably there won't be any Quantum ship sailing from Southampton, if Anthem is sailing year-round from Cape Liberty (what is, IMHO, very possible).

So Ovation should sail out of Southampton...

Edited by celebrity_fan