HELP ME DECIDE! FLL Hotel Pre and Post Cruise

envirochick

Hello all!

We will be staying in FLL 2 days pre-cruise and 1 day post cruise in November. I have Hilton points that I would like to use. For the two day pre-cruise stay, we'll be there for two full days, so are willing to stay away from the port to be closer to activities and restaurants. We enjoy travelling by water taxi too. We will not have a car.

I have the following options. Which would you choose and why?

Hilton FLL Marina

Gallery One

Bahia Mar

Hilton FLL Beach

Thanks in advance for the replies :)

Well, I guess I didn't think it was as centrally located as we would like and/or close to the beach and Las Olas. More of a quick one night stay before a cruise type of hotel. Is this a poor assumption?

I am only familiar with the Hilton Marina (other than the Embassy Suites). The Embassy Suites is probably in a better location to everything than the Hilton Marina. Plus you have the other amenities of the Embassy Suites.

When you throw in the beach, that takes you away from some things, like the port and the airport. But if you want to be on the beach, go to the beach.

Thanks for the reply. I guess the most important thing is staying close to attractions, restaurants and transportation options for the two days since we won't have a car. Paying a little extra to get to the airport and port is irrelevant. We want to be in an area that makes it easy to walk around, shop, ride the water taxi, eat and enjoy! We're not necessarily going to spend time basking on the beach, yet staying near or on the beach is certainly more picturesque than staying in a commercial area. I was hoping someone who had stayed at a few or all of the hotels I listed could chime in as well.

Well, I guess I didn't think it was as centrally located as we would like and/or close to the beach and Las Olas. More of a quick one night stay before a cruise type of hotel. Is this a poor assumption?

That is a correct assumption. I cannot imagine wanting to stay on a busy street when you can stay on the water.

My choice would be the Bahia Mar (quick walk to Beach Place with Hooters, LuLus, Fat Tuesdays, Atlantic, Big Kahuna) as well as Spazio, Blondies and a bunch of other restaurants as well as on the water taxi route across the street from the beach.

Also Gallery One is in an excellent location. Water taxi stop, very close to excellent shopping and dining.

Probably Gallery One would be my first choice.

I had pretty much narrowed down to Gallery One or the Hilton FL Beach. I'm now leaning towards Gallery. There's little on these boards about the Hilton, yet it gets good reviews on tripadvisor. I guess that's due to most people staying one quick night in a place closer to the port. The hotels are not equal in the Hilton system; the beach hotel will cost more points. Bahia Mar is the least expensive.

We loved Bahia Mar. Love it! Walkway to the beach. Store connected to property with a deli. Pool area and bar was really fun. Water Taxi stop is really close. Restaurants and shopping close! It had everything. We walked everywhere and had a blast.