Giving away reserved cars

smd247

Yes and no. Depends on how busy they are. Even if you reserve a car and show up on time, there may be no cars available.

Wow, way to make OP feel better. :rolleyes::p

OP, just call the office personally in advance and tell them to please hold the car. It's simple. :) I worked in a car rental agency for five years and very few customers were ever on time right on the dot. Businesses know this. Try not to stress about it, OK? :)

I have posted this several times as a warning to others. That exact thing happened to us. We had a 9:00 rental time and because of the people we were with (one is handicapped),w e didn't get there till about 9:30,and you know what happened next. NO CAR. of course there was some excuse made, but to make a long story very short, we were sent to another company and basically got started 2 hours after we anticipated.

The advice you got is right on, something which I learned the hard way. Call the agency as soon as you can and make sure they a e holding your car. Even if you think you may be a few minutes late, make sure you call them, let them know that and again, make sure they are holding your car.

Cheers

Len

• 2 weeks later...