Norwegian Spirit opinions

RavennaM

Hi guys, I am writing first time to NCL forum. I have only cruised with Royal and Celebrity before. But now I am considering booking a cruise to Canary Island and Morocco with Norwegian Spirit. Sounds like a perfect itinerary for us!

I would love to hear opinions from cruisers who have sailed with Spirit before. How does she compare to Royal and X ship?

Things that are important to me are gym, jogging track, breakfast and trivias and other competitions etc. Any thoughts about these on Spirit?

Thanks!

We loved the spirit and choose it specifically for the Barcelona to Venice itinerary!! We have sailed celebrity and royal. They are so close I can't even tell you the difference any more!

The itinerary we did was so busy, there was not much time for any thing else. Breakfast was great. Loved sitting outside on the back of the ship! Gym and track were also good.

We were on the Spirit about 5 years ago. We loved her. Especially the unique decorations.

I can't remember breakfast or anything else you asked about. Sorry.

I remember that our cruise director looked like Sarah Palin (it was right after the 2008 election) and they had a (special) guest aboard that played the accordian. And only one table for Teppenyaki.

Oh how I hate that ship. LOL

Cannot comment on gym, jogging, trivia etc. Plenty of choice for breakfast. Itinerary is good, I have done it 3 times and booked a fourth and final time.

Never sailed X or Royal so cannot compare but we always have a great time on board. What the ship lacks in what the newer ships have it makes up for in unique charm and a great crew.

I have also tried to search for photo reviews of Spirit. I only found two. Do you guys happen to have a link where I could found more of those?

I think you will have a lovely time on the Norwegian Spirit. There is a nice gym and running track. You should be able to have a sit-down breakfast in the MDR every morning, and the Garden Café buffet is excellent. In fact you can have an outdoor breakfast in the adjacent Great Outdoors, too. NCL does lots of trivia, but you might be very busy!

Here's a review I did of my Grand Med sailing last year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1925162&highlight=awesome+grand+med

Cheers!

I have also tried to search for photo reviews of Spirit. I only found two. Do you guys happen to have a link where I could found more of those?

I too am going on Spirit for the first time soon and was advised on here about loads of photos by 'computerworks'. take a look, it looks a lovely ship

DId you find the review by computerworks? That is a great one of the Spirit. He has some other ships as well.

Here are some nice pictures of the Spirit

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1740735

And my review from last year.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=227483

If you are on the 12 day Med cruise, you will be very busy.

Great ship, we would sail on her again.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you so much for your help. I did find Computerworks review, great pictures! Looks like Spirit really is a beautiful ship.

Right now I have narrowed my choices to two: Norwegian Spirit 10 days to Madeira, Canary Islands and Morocco and Vision of the Seas Malta, Italy and France. Decisions, decisions....