Requesting 2 Beds

stickey_mouse

We will be traveling with a group of 20 people on Silhouette. Approximately half of our group will want a 2-bed configuration in their balcony rooms. I just completed online check-in and expected this to be the place where they ask about bed configuration, but I saw nothing asking about my preferred set-up. My question is when and where should the guests request a 2-bed configuration? Thanks.

We will be traveling with a group of 20 people on Silhouette. Approximately half of our group will want a 2-bed configuration in their balcony rooms. I just completed online check-in and expected this to be the place where they ask about bed configuration, but I saw nothing asking about my preferred set-up. My question is when and where should the guests request a 2-bed configuration? Thanks.

Hi:), I would speak with your cabin attendant and ask them to separate

the beds. When and where? After you get to your cabin and on the

first day:);)

Hi:), I would speak with your cabin attendant and ask them to separate

the beds. When and where? After you get to your cabin and on the

first day:);)

I figured this was doable, but I would hate to make more work for them when they already made the bed up as a single.

If your booking is thru a Travel Agent, make your want for seperate beds known to them.

Our first Celebrity Cruise we used a TA, and they definitely asked us this Question as they made the booking... Also asked not only our Dining Preference (Select vs Traditional - Early vs Late) but also how large a table we wanted to be seated at

When we self book direct on the Celebrity Website, many of these Questions go unasked.. So I am guessing that TAs get a different booking screen

If you did not use a TA, then like LOIS R has said, your first opportunity to deal with such matters may not happen until you are aboard and see the appropriate personnel.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I've sailed with the two-bed configuration several times both using a TA and having booked directly with =X= and have always had the beds separate at check in. As mentioned, just give your TA or =X= a call and they'll make note of your request. Like you, I never want to give the room steward extra work...they're dealing with enough on check-in day!

Edited by MustBCruzn

I figured this was doable, but I would hate to make more work for them when they already made the bed up as a single.

Hi, you make the request when you make the reservation online, I think it's in the same area where you select your dining preference if you're not in AQ.

Just to let you know, I've requested the 2 bed configuration on all my cruises ahead of time, & it's only been set up that way once, every other time I've had to request it upon arrival at my cabin, it's always done by the time we return from dinner.

Yes, they are happy to make that arrangement. I use a CPAP night breathing machine and having the two-bed set-up works better for my wife. They can also have distilled water, etc., arrangements made in advance and/or when you arrive. Check your travel agent and/or call to the 800-590-6221 toll-free number for special arrangements such as this to be noted on your file.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Back from doing a 14-day Celebrity Solstice, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure on this ship and getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for much more information and lots of wonderful pictures on these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 78,135 views for this fun posting.

On our spring Celebrity Summit cruise I Emailed the cruise line, called the cruise line and requested through my agent to separate the beds. My agent and the cruise line Emailed me saying that my request would be taken care of.

Day of cruise enter our room and guess what was not done. Idid have the Emails with me and our room stewart said it happens all the time.

We have requsted twin beds ahead of time on both celebrity and princess only to go to our cabin and find one bed. The correct way to handle this is to find your cabin steward and ask them to wait till night time turn down and separate them at that time. They have more time then to do it and appreciate not having to do it right then.

The option for requesting your bed configuration preference is in your Celebrity account reservation

under "Manage Reservation"

Pick "View Reservation"

There under "My Cruise Summary"

look at "Stateroom" to see whether you have both Edit and View options,

or only View

If you have the Edit option, that is where you choose whether you want the beds together or apart.

But if you only have View, then you need to ask your travel agent to select the bed configuration for you.

This is only one of many options that are are no longer available to us after we give a booking to a travel agent.

It is similar to the way that the options to edit Dining Preferences or to link Family and Friends disappear from our account once we give the booking to a travel agent.

Just wondering if there is less space when beds are separated.

There will be the same amount of space, it will just be arraigned differently. They'll move the nightstands that are on the outside of the bed when the bed is together to the inside between the two separated beds. So the space on the outside will be smaller to move that space in between.

Look at some photos of cabins and you can sort of visualize this.

IMG_7733-299x450.jpg

If your booking is thru a Travel Agent, make your want for seperate beds known to them.

Our first Celebrity Cruise we used a TA, and they definitely asked us this Question as they made the booking... Also asked not only our Dining Preference (Select vs Traditional - Early vs Late) but also how large a table we wanted to be seated at

When we self book direct on the Celebrity Website, many of these Questions go unasked.. So I am guessing that TAs get a different booking screen

If you did not use a TA, then like LOIS R has said, your first opportunity to deal with such matters may not happen until you are aboard and see the appropriate personnel.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Not exactly, if you booked directly with Celebrity you can call reservation anytime and ask their agent to set your reservation for beds apart, celebrity's term for two beds easy to do.