What is your favorite month to cruise?? :)

dustedice

For us it's March for two reasons. One, DW's birthday is in March so I like to spoil her by taking her on a cruise for her birthday and two, we live in the northeast and have to deal with cold and snow for several months. By the end of February we are getting tired of it. March is usually when the snow starts going away and temps begin to warm up. Quite often there is still some snow on the ground when we leave for our cruise and it's gone when we get back.

I'm in total agreement. Cruising the end of February-early March gives us most of the winter to anticipate the cruise. By the time we get back, winter is almost done and spring is almost there. I couldn't return from a cruise and still have months of winter left. I just couldn't. :eek:

Edited by Melissa at Mohair Meadows

We prefer to cruise in March because we like to escape the cold weather, and it is usually a less busy time of year for us ( also due to spring break).

However, since many destinations can't be cruised to in that month, we will also go in late may/early June.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We love end of Jan into Feb since we are in NE Ohio and have winter there. We love to take about a month and get out of the middle of our winter.

We also love to cruise in the fall to take advantage of the great prices and get some great deals. Kids are grown, so don't have to plan around that. We don't cruise in the summer because the prices are way too high, and it's summer for us at home. We have taken cruises in Jan, Feb, March, April, May, Sept, Oct and Nov.

Let's see, Super Bowl Weekend has become a ritual for us. Total mistake on the first one, we didn't even know it was that weekend. Had a great time on the ship. We are working on our 4th annual this year.

June for our Anniversary and over Christmas. Hell, I would go anytime but those are the ones we always seem to do.

First week of December or mid February is my favorite time to cruise.

I will say I cruised this year the first week of May and it was nice as far as no crowds go....kind of nice to cruise a ship that's not full.

Edited by Midwestgal

Maybe April, usually May, up until Memorial Day- kids are still in school and Caribbean (where we usually cruise) is lovely that time of year. Generally good weather.

Looking to switch to October though! Better rates and since we usually ski Colorado or Utah in February, will be a better spacer between our trips.

We like to cruise Thanksgiving Weekend for a little getaway....weather in the Caribbean is nice usually, warm during the day and cooler at night....delightful.

It is a school vacation weekend, which doesn't bother us at all, even though we don't have small children.

We are again cruising in February 2015, which will be the second time to cruise in February -- our very first cruise was during February 2004 and the weather was outstanding....so hopefully we will have that again.

Other cruises we have gone on have been during the summer months of June or July....and yes cruising in the Caribbean then is HOT HOT and HOT...but that is fine with me.

We prefer to cruise in March because we like to escape the cold weather, and it is usually a less busy time of year for us ( also due to spring break).

However, since many destinations can't be cruised to in that month, we will also go in late may/early June.

Would love to Travel in Feb./March but year end and work intrudes. Have to wait until retirement to do that.

We love to go end of January. Being from the Northeast that time of year can get brutal at home. There is nothing like a couple day pre-stay on the beach and then 7 days in the sunny Caribbean while a blizzard is going on back home. Winter vacations to a summer Locale is the smartest thing I've done. I wonder why I didn't start doing that earlier.

We had a good year this year, did the Explorer 9 day out of Bayonne in January, did a 5 day on the Celebrity Constellation out of FLL in March, getting ready to board the Explorer again on 10/18 for a 5 day to Bermuda, and then a 10 day on the Quantum in January. My wife and I realized that at the end of the Quantum voyage we will have been at sea for 29 days in the past year. That's nearly 1 month at sea during the year, I love that idea! :D

I chose March because the weather is not so hot in the Caribbean during March AND it's Spring Break. But I look forward to the day when I can cruise on my birthday (January) and not have to worry about my son missing school.

My next cruise is in November. I'm hoping the weather will cooperate.