What is your favorite month to cruise?? :)

dustedice

Hey y'all!

Do you all have a favorite month to cruise?? I am sure ANY month is the best to cruise, but do you have a favorite because of weather or prices?! I am sure it depends on where you are traveling to and everything.

Are there any months that seem to be the least expensive in your experience?

Thank you for your input!

We're with Bob...January into February. Right after the holidays it's so relaxing to get away from the cold weather and all the stress. And there are, usually, some good prices out there.

For example, we are sailing on Serenade out of NOLA on Jan 10th...total cost for an inside room for my wife and I was less than $1000, gratuities included.

Pete

Edited by OKC Cruisers

My wife and I like to cruise in the fall/early winter (November/December), though we are cruising in October this year.

Several reasons.. We are in our 60s so kids are back in school. Plus, living on the Texas coast it's nice for hurricane season to be over, or at least drawing to a close.

However, I would cruise in ANY month if given the opportunity.

QTPie :cool:

We like to cruise in the Fall, preferably October and then again in January/February. In fact we are leaving on Freedom OTS October 5. Even though it's still hurricane season, that doesn't bother us at all, plus the rates are really good. We are in our 60's and prefer to cruise when there aren't many children on board. We always avoid the spring break season.

Hey y'all!

Do you all have a favorite month to cruise?? I am sure ANY month is the best to cruise, but do you have a favorite because of weather or prices?! I am sure it depends on where you are traveling to and everything.

Although we do a lot of Transatlantic Cruises as they tend to work out the cheaper although one has to factor in the Airfares.

All of them and then some. We just love to Cruise. ):)

Edited by Folk Singer

We just returned from a B2B sailing 9/7 and 9/14 on FOS, and had absolutely beautiful weather for both weeks, plus got a pretty good deal as well. You take the chance sailing during hurricane season, and we were very lucky this cruise.

I'll also be sailing on Brilliance mid-January, so leaving Chicago in the winter may also become a favorite for me. :D

For me it's hurricane season.:eek:

Us too! :D Think of it as an adventure!

You spin the wheel. In 2012 we got a great deal, but ended up sailing during hurricane Sandy. Our weather in ports that week was beautiful though, it didn't get a little scary until the last sea days on the ride back to PC. Would do it again in a heartbeat, and we did.

Our last two weeks on FOS were perfect.

For the Mediterranean, October is our favorite time to cruise (weather and fewer tourists). We are trying a May European cruise this coming year... I think it should be much like October??!!

For the Caribbean and the Bahamas, Febuary to March (weather and fewer tourists). The few we've done in the summer are really just too hot to enjoy yourself.... well, let me say, we are not beach people.. so if you are out and about and not submerged in water, it's way too hot! ;):D

Our first cruise was the end of November and we had perfect weather and for those interested there were only a handful of kids onboard.

Second cruise was beginning of April for Spring break. Perfect weather again, tons of kids. (that doesn't bother us, we have kids! )

Third and last cruise was in January. I took my sister on her first cruise and it rained the whole time. It was a few years ago when Miami had record breaking low temps. We were wearing turtle neck sweaters and jeans the day before getting on the ship.

Our upcoming cruise is in January. I can only hope we have better luck with weather this time!

Hey y'all!

For us, the last days of April leading into the first days of May are best for Caribbean cruises. It's still cool and frequently rainy here in Ohio. Spring Break is over and kids are back in school. The weather has been great. And we have spent our 25th, 27th, 30th, 32nd, and 33rd anniversary on board.

For us it's March for two reasons. One, DW's birthday is in March so I like to spoil her by taking her on a cruise for her birthday and two, we live in the northeast and have to deal with cold and snow for several months. By the end of February we are getting tired of it. March is usually when the snow starts going away and temps begin to warm up. Quite often there is still some snow on the ground when we leave for our cruise and it's gone when we get back.

We enjoy the week after Christmas with or without the kids

We enjoy January after the New Year

We enjoy June so the adult kids and grand kids can join us

And all the other months we have yet to discover their good points for travel...but we are working on it