Freedom of the Seas

john3013

What is "Dynamic Dining"??? Just got off FOS, but didn't hear anything about changes. :confused:

Did you go to the Captains Q&A session? It was being reported a few weeks ago that the Captain and Hotel Manager were telling passengers that Dynamic Dining would be put into place during the January 2015 drydock.

I am wondering if they are still saying this.

Did you go to the Captains Q&A session? It was being reported a few weeks ago that the Captain and Hotel Manager were telling passengers that Dynamic Dining would be put into place during the January 2015 drydock.

Ryan,

Was is your current dinner selection on your reservation? I assume if it does go

Dynamic, you will get a call before we do.

Ryan,

Was is your current dinner selection on your reservation? I assume if it does go

Dynamic, you will get a call before we do.

Early seating :) I was planning on trying to switch to MTD once on board though.

Edited by ryano

Early seating :) I was planning on trying to switch to MTD once on board though.

I am the opposite of you! I'm trying to switch from MTD to early dining. I was really surprised that it was full already 7 months out! I guess if the ship goes to Dynamic it really doesn't matter. I hope they do switch over because I think it would be fun to try.

I am the opposite of you! I'm trying to switch from MTD to early dining. I was really surprised that it was full already 7 months out! I guess if the ship goes to Dynamic it really doesn't matter. I hope they do switch over because I think it would be fun to try.

Are you on the April 12 sailing? If so, we can show up together at the MDR and just ask them swap us if you want to :D lol.

I enjoyed MTD last time but I still cant wrap my head around paying 168.00 in gratuities 7 months in advance so I opted for early seating traditional dining in hopes of swapping to MTD once on board like I did last cruise.

I too hope that DD is in place!

Edited by ryano

Us too! We booked 8+ months out and couldn't get early seating and had to settle for MTD. Things that make you go hmmm....:rolleyes:

Yes, but even so, when I booked my NextCruise for 9/2015 on FOS, they still asked me what my dining preference was. Early, late, or MTD. Go figure. :rolleyes:

We did the All Access Tour on the first week of our trip (highly recommend), and the Chief Engineer spent a lot of time with us and brought up some of the changes coming with the January drydock. He mentioned the new rooms being added to the front of deck 12, and I believe his words were "we'll be bringing you some very nice new restaurants." He did confirm that The Crypt was going and a restaurant would be there in its place. Since this was during his tour of the engine control room, and not a Q&A about ship changes, I didn't feel right asking about dynamic dining, or what would be replacing the Cupcake Cupboard, which btw, was empty both weeks, except for an occasional decorating class. :)

Are you on the April 12 sailing? If so, we can show up together at the MDR and just ask them swap us if you want to :D lol.

I enjoyed MTD last time but I still cant wrap my head around paying 168.00 in gratuities 7 months in advance so I opted for early seating traditional dining in hopes of swapping to MTD once on board like I did last cruise.

You really don't pay the $168 until three months out. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Shoot! We are the week before you!

We too are on the march 1 sailing, but we managed to snag probably one of the last early seating spots. Guess that won't matter if the ship switches to Dynamic dining, though. I am disappointed in RCCL for going back on their word and not "trying out" the Dynamic dining on Quantum before leaping head first into it. I am afraid this will cause some very poor organisation in making reservations.