Do you eat more...

Sat1

Unfortunately, Yes, we eat more. We don't tend to eat dessert at home except for special occasions. On a cruise we eat it every night. Why? Because it's there and we can! :D

We also tend to snack between meals on a cruise which we never do at home!

Yes! I eat healthier, but more! Breakfast is fruits, lunch is salads and dessert, dinner is appetizer, salad, entree and dessert. At home, I eat junk food, but also fruits and vegetables, but harder to get at home. Eat in between meals on a cruise too. Like the others said, cuz it is there!!

Best cruise was our 30 day, and I only gained 3 lbs! I was VERY disciplined on this one!!

We only have 1 cruise under our belt, wife ate pretty much the same. I probably ate a bit more. For us it was the frozen drinks where we picked up our extra calories. I think I had baked salmon and salad at least 2 nights in the WJ, but also hit up the bread pudding and ice cream for desert. I have dropped over 100lbs over the last 2 years and even though it's available I just have no desire to gorge myself. That big NY strip in chops probably didn't help either.

Yes, I do try to work out some at the gym or take the stairs so I do not gain to much weight.

I have read several complaints where people who thought that the food was so bad that they did not eat much and lost weight.

Edited by bplazo

When on a cruise, than at home? I do, as a widower, nice to have all cruise meals, plus no household chores. :)

I can't eat more, I eat differently....for sure. Even at home, I eat every two hours or so; but it is a yogurt or a granola bar, or a salad; on the ship, if there are more unhealthy things to eat and 'prepared already for me' I am there.

During the day at home, I wouldn't think of having a large plate for lunch with heavy starches....too busy and I don't have the time to make it. On the ship...its there....I order it or visit the WJ for an afternoon snack of coffee and cookies/cake and frozen treat.

I also walk/exercise more.....so the extra calories don't seem to add up enough to matter. We are not big drinkers and those calories add up even more....but not for us.

We don't eat much more but with beer at the solarium and drinks in the Diamond lounge we drink much more. Before our last cruise I lost 90lbs and was afraid that I would gain weight on the cruise. We decided to NEVER step on the elevators and also exercise every day, neither my wife or I gained any weight.