Dinner reso and kids bailing

Kkross

Btw...on what days do they offer the gifted parenting classes on the cruise?

They don't, if you passed the CC prescreening process then you are good to go. :D

Tips, formal dress/or not, DD, MTD, etc. are never a problem on the ships, only CC.

Edited by setsail

It was a general question. But, we did book multiple dinners. All I was wondering since soooo many ppl have cruised on RCI multiple times what the policy may or may not be. Now that I know we will be charged, i know how I will enforce or not enforce their presences.

Btw...on what days do they offer the gifted parenting classes on the cruise?

Mine are 28 and 30 and turned out great, Thank you!

my child would prefer her bathing suit...truth be told.

I hear another can of worms being opened.:(

Now you're going to be getting 'how to dress your kids properly' advice.

Oh well, one positive takeaway from this thread. The people you meet on your cruise will be 1000% nicer/more reasonable/more diplomatic than lots of the people that you met here!

Edited by DirtyDawg

And here we go...

OP, I believe if you cancel onboard technically they COULD charge a no-show fee, but I think most restaurant managers would not do that. Call RCI direct for their policy. Enjoy the free parenting advice you're about to get...

Your advice is admirable that the OP should call RCI directly and find out what the policy is. We do all know that the policy might be 'at the discretion of the ship and or restaurant at the time'.

I believe that the OP opened up the door to the 'free parenting advice' as you put it. If they would have made the topic title "Dinner reso and possible tablemates as no shows" -- the OP would have gotten NO PARENTING, just what the experiences of others were and as you put it some very good advice.

The topic phrasing has a lot to do with the responses that will come back.

OK, just noticed the username, and I just have to ask...

Is that name taken from Kris Kross, the rappers who's primary claim to fame was wearing their clothes backwards? :cool:

They should have used this one, Ccross and what he's famous for is perfect for cruising.;):)

Your advice is admirable that the OP should call RCI directly and find out what the policy is. We do all know that the policy might be 'at the discretion of the ship and or restaurant at the time'.

I believe that the OP opened up the door to the 'free parenting advice' as you put it. If they would have made the topic title "Dinner reso and possible tablemates as no shows" -- the OP would have gotten NO PARENTING, just what the experiences of others were and as you put it some very good advice.

The topic phrasing has a lot to do with the responses that will come back.

I do believe your correct. Lesson learned!

I do believe your correct. Lesson learned!

Really sucks that you asked a pretty basic and simple question and a significant portion of the responses were people telling you how to run your family or how they run theirs. I tried to give you as factual an answer as possible; the reality of the situation so to speak. Everything else is pretty much noise in this thread.

I may well be of a similar age to you! I'm sure I couldn't recognize a single song of theirs (nor would I really want to!), definitely not a fan of rap at all! The only reason I remember them was that backward clothes thing. And I don't mean inside out, but truly backwards - they'd wear shirts buttoned up in the back, and pants with the zipper in the back... About as stupid as their music, IMHO! :D

MUSIC???? That ©rap is not music. Rappers might be poets, entertainers or artists but musicians they are NOT. I have spent my life in the pursuit of musical excellence. Lessons, self directed studies, untold expenditures on instruments and thousands of hours of live performance. Nope, rappers are not musicians😁

My last post was intended to be light hearted, sorry if it didn't come across as such. I'm still trying to learn this internet forum stuff

Ok I just can't bring myself to call you FatPaul...so Paul it is. anyhoo...I keep forgetting to look up who Kris cross is. Being a rapper makes sense I haven't heard of him? Her? I'm more partial to the Stones. Pink Floyd. Eagles...so, I'll probably agree with you. Lol

Ok I just can't bring myself to call you FatPaul...so Paul it is. anyhoo...I keep forgetting to look up who Kris cross is. Being a rapper makes sense I haven't heard of him? Her? I'm more partial to the Stones. Pink Floyd. Eagles...so, I'll probably agree with you. Lol

Thanks, Fat Paul is my old "stage name". No one would come to listen to a guy named Jeffrey play blues. I should drop that name since I no longer play gigs and have lost 90lbs. By the way I like your taste in music.

Edited by Fat Paul

MUSIC???? That ©rap is not music. Rappers might be poets, entertainers or artists but musicians they are NOT. I have spent my life in the pursuit of musical excellence. Lessons, self directed studies, untold expenditures on instruments and thousands of hours of live performance. Nope, rappers are not musicians😁

Some of them I don't even consider human beings , let alone musicians :)

The cruise lines rely on Cruise Critic to provide them. Geez, pay attention and keep up with the program... :D ;)

Ahh! Do the kids have to traveling with you, or do you just have to be a parent? And...will we be tested after?

Ahh! Do the kids have to traveling with you, or do you just have to be a parent? And...will we be tested after?

I think it is actually better if the kids are not with the parents. No chance of seeing them misbehave after the parents praise them to the sky.

I hear the cruise lines will be holding support meetings for gifted parents whose children let them down.

Its called "I did the best I could" ....what to say when the house of cards falls down and the facade turns to crap"

While the younger one smokes on the balcony..... :eek:

Sorry OP... just couldn't pass it up. Brain filter is temporarily down.

No worries here...while she, the younger one, is smoking it up on the balcony. We will send the 19 to the bar to get drunk. He is after all...entitled. :rolleyes:

No worries here...while she, the younger one, is smoking it up on the balcony. We will send the 19 to the bar to get drunk. He is after all...entitled. :rolleyes:

Fortunately my 16 yr old daughter will have no part of your drinking and smoking sons. She will be in her cabin with her 19 yr old boyfriend reading and playing board games :) And I know they aren't drinking or smoking because my daughter is responsible and would never do anything to harm the baby. :)

Edited by babyher