Man overboard on the Royak

ibfern

This is our last day on the Royal, we are bound for NYC and we just got a man overboard announcement from the captain. I'll come back and update when I hear more.

Amelia

Edited by ibfern

Captain Sagani has launched a boat to investigate a red ball we see floating in the water. Meanwhile we have been asked to remain in our cabins for a head count. I'll keep you up to the minute live on this....

Wow, they found a fishing marker and nobody missing from our crew and pax, so we've been given the all clear! Captain Sagani said it was the fastest head count ever, we broke the record in efficiency. All is well, we are back on course and headed for NYC.

Wow, they found a fishing marker and nobody missing from our crew and pax, so we've been given the all clear! Captain Sagani said it was the fastest head count ever, we broke the record in efficiency. All is well, we are back on course and headed for NYC.

Thanks for keeping us posted!!

I did not know you had Capt. Sagani...please give him a big hug from me! :)

Good news!

i'm just curious.............how do they do the official head count?

Our room steward did a head count room by room, all staff were counted to via head count. It was quite well organized, all pax were hanging off their balconies helping in the search, and of course the fabulous captain Sagani was right on top of everything.

We just adore Dino Sagani, he has been an incredible captain, very personable and informative, completely tops in all of our minds. He is visible all over the ship and really present for all activities, even seeing us off in Halifax when we got there early and was let off the night we arrived!

Very sad that one of the crew members named Geof made constant fun of Captain Sagani during his Trivia games when the captain gave his noon report. Geof routinely made fun of him because he gave us full informative reports which I guess interrupted Geof's trivia grandiosity! Many of us pax found him offensive, we love Captain Sagani and hated heaing Geof making fun of him!

Thanks for keeping us posted!!

I did not know you had Capt. Sagani...please give him a big hug from me! :)

Hi Joyce,

Hope you and Tom are traveling safe today. Doesn't surprise me that we agree about Captain Sagani, iI will tell him hello and give him a hug if I see him before we disembark. Thanks for the excuse to give that good guy a hug!!!;)

Hi Joyce,

Hope you and Tom are traveling safe today. Doesn't surprise me that we agree about Captain Sagani, iI will tell him hello and give him a hug if I see him before we disembark. Thanks for the excuse to give that good guy a hug!!!;)

Thanks Amelia!! :) :)

See you soon!

Joyce

Good news!

i'm just curious.............how do they do the official head count?

On the Sapphire in March, 2013, when there was a man overboard report, we all had to go to our cabins. The steward came around with a clipboard, counting.

All were account for. We were underway, again, after a few hours. We were on our way to Hawaii.

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

Good to hear! We'll be onboard in 29 days and happy to hear how efficient our captain is in an emergency.

Guess you're on the Royal's 10 day from NYC to FLL with us & Princess emails say that the Royal's inaugural's captain...Tony Draper...will be back & in command.

Edited by Astro Flyer