RCI mixup can be a benefit !!

Ashland

Just back from an amazing southern caribbean cruise. Booked sometime ago using one of my NCC (purchased pre-OBC reduction). Booking made with the reduced deposit of $100.00pp and $100.00 OBC or so I thought...surprise..once onboard..according to guest relations, LA & email from them to Miami I didn't book using one of my NCC's...so how did I book with a reduced deposit (no, I never booked during one of their so called "sales" no changes were ever made and booking # never changed)...However turned out great my onboard expenses were only $28.00 (thanks to my D+ perks) I didn't feel the need to use any OBC (Bingo) and I now have an additional NCC to use with a booking # that didn't jive with my records once I got home...also made sure the LA gave me a print out of all my NCC with #'s. So sometimes an error can be a good thing.:D

Edited by Ashland

Just back from an amazing southern caribbean cruise. Booked sometime ago using one of my NCC (purchased pre-OBC reduction). Booking made with the reduced deposit of $100.00pp and $100.00 OBC or so I thought...surprise..once onboard..according to guest relations, LA & email from them to Miami I didn't book using one of my NCC's...so how did I book with a reduced deposit (no, I never booked during one of their so called "sales" no changes were ever made and booking # never changed)...However turned out great my onboard expenses were only $28.00 (thanks to my D+ perks) I didn't feel the need to use any OBC (Bingo) and I now have an additional NCC to use with a booking # that didn't jive with my records once I got home...also made sure the LA gave me a print out of all my NCC with #'s. So sometimes an error can be a good thing.:D

That is good, because those old NCCs are special! Now you have one more than you thought.:)

That is good, because those old NCCs are special! Now you have one more than you thought.:)

So true...just hope someone else has benefitted from a mistake RCI has made in some way or another...better than being on the other end which is a lot more common. ;)

What is the difference between old and new?

The 2 I purchased last year are the same One from Allure one from Voyager.

Price $100, reduced deposit of $100 per extra guest so for 2 pax the NCC/FCC plus $100 deposit

Up to $150 OBC with additional family and friends getting the same OBC deal when booking with the same certificate.

Transferable to anyone with no expiry date.

What is the difference between old and new?

The 2 I purchased last year are the same One from Allure one from Voyager.

Price $100, reduced deposit of $100 per extra guest so for 2 pax the NCC/FCC plus $100 deposit

Up to $150 OBC with additional family and friends getting the same OBC deal when booking with the same certificate.

Transferable to anyone with no expiry date.

See the second page for the new Open Booking terms:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Edited by clarea

Significantly less OBC, and none at all for short cruises. I would call your open booking a "Silver" open booking. The "Gold" open bookings were purchased before July 2008 and can have all combinations and price drops until 72 hours before the cruise!

Edited by clarea

Cool. Nice to hear.

I have no idea what NCC means :confused:

Not all lines use NCC for a Next cruise certificate some use FCC Future cruise certificate.

With some lines a NCC is for people who have received a loss of sorts through the cruiseline so compensation and a FCC is a cruise booked onboard for a future cruise and to complicate it even more the certificate for the FCC can be cruise date "TBA" so not actually a cruise booked onboard lol

I always say NCC/FCC because I dont know which cruiseline uses which lol

I recently called Royal to book a 10-nighter next September using the last of my "old" next cruise certificates, only to be told that I the booking # I gave him had been "cancelled". Huh?? After looking into it further, the rep said that the charge never went through and since so much time had passed (purchased it on board Freedom last December), there was nothing that they could do for me. I honestly had no idea that it had never been billed on the CC that I always use for travel and I asked him "why no contact from the LA before the end of the cruise?" and "I get marketing e-mails almost daily and did receive this particular certificate in an e-mail, so why no e-mail notification?"!!! Still simply told that there was nothing that could be done.

To make a very long story short (I know, I know, too late for that already), I contacted Crown and Anchor and they made it right:):). Of course, I was told that it would be a one-time exception and yes, they still sent a charge through to my CC right then and there, which was fine by me.

That $150 OBC will help significantly take the sting out of a very pricy cruise and I just wanted to say "THANKS RCI - FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING":D (but, your new OBC $$ really do stink!)

I recently called Royal to book a 10-nighter next September using the last of my "old" next cruise certificates, only to be told that I the booking # I gave him had been "cancelled". Huh?? After looking into it further, the rep said that the charge never went through and since so much time had passed (purchased it on board Freedom last December), there was nothing that they could do for me. I honestly had no idea that it had never been billed on the CC that I always use for travel and I asked him "why no contact from the LA before the end of the cruise?" and "I get marketing e-mails almost daily and did receive this particular certificate in an e-mail, so why no e-mail notification?"!!! Still simply told that there was nothing that could be done.

To make a very long story short (I know, I know, too late for that already), I contacted Crown and Anchor and they made it right:):). Of course, I was told that it would be a one-time exception and yes, they still sent a charge through to my CC right then and there, which was fine by me.

That $150 OBC will help significantly take the sting out of a very pricy cruise and I just wanted to say "THANKS RCI - FOR DOING THE RIGHT THING":D (but, your new OBC $$ really do stink!)

Glad to hear they came through and did the right thing. That's one reason why I used to prefer to sit with the LA and wait while they processed the Next Cruise certificate.