Allure Leaving at 4:30 November thru the End of May...?

Wilda

Received an email from RCI stating that Allure would be leaving at 4:30 instead of 5:00 and that pax need to be checked in by 3:30. This does not impact us but I am curious as to why. Does anyone know?

Apologize in advance if this has been discussed...did a search and didn't come up with anything;)

Received an email from RCI stating that Allure would be leaving at 4:30 instead of 5:00 and that pax need to be checked in by 3:30. This does not impact us but I am curious as to why. Does anyone know?

Apologize in advance if this has been discussed...did a search and didn't come up with anything;)

Same message to Oasis cruisers

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Might have to do with daylight getting shorter.

It is probably a cost-saving measure. By leaving earlier, they can slow the ship down somewhat which then will save on fuel.

Holland America's ships always used to sail from Port Everglades at 5:00 P. M. Now, they sail at 4:00 P. M. or as soon thereafter as possible. And, listening to the marine radio on the Port Everglades web cam, one can hear that some of the Captains are chomping on the bit to get going on time. HAL's reasons for advancing sailings are acknowledged as a way to save fuel and its expense.

It is probably a cost-saving measure. By leaving earlier, they can slow the ship down somewhat which then will save on fuel.

Holland America's ships always used to sail from Port Everglades at 5:00 P. M. Now, they sail at 4:00 P. M. or as soon thereafter as possible. And, listening to the marine radio on the Port Everglades web cam, one can hear that some of the Captains are chomping on the bit to get going on time. HAL's reasons for advancing sailings are acknowledged as a way to save fuel and its expense.

That could be. But on the eastern routes Nassau is the first stop and it isn't a very long sail from Ft. Lauderdale. On our Allure cruise this past February we didn't leave Port Everglades until 9 PM (long story) and we still arrived in Nassau on time.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Not just Allure. We've been notified that our Serenade sailing for Feb 2016 will leave 30 mins earlier at 4pm. All those slower sailings must amount to big bucks in fuel savings.

Hello Peteukmcr, How were you notified? E-mail? When was this?

For some reason, all we get are the e-mails that try to talk us into spending money. But any other info never reaches us. (Like when everyone was told about the change from Hairspray to Cats, etc.)

Hello jcg4550, How did you find this out? We are on the Oasis in November and have not received any kind of notice.

We're on Oasis the week after you...we received two text messages (2 different phones) and an e-mail yesterday. We have two more RCI cruises booked for 2015 -- Serenade in March and Liberty in December, but we haven't been notified about departure changes for either of those.

We're on Oasis the week after you...we received two text messages (2 different phones) and an e-mail yesterday. We have two more RCI cruises booked for 2015 -- Serenade in March and Liberty in December, but we haven't been notified about departure changes for either of those.

Thanks Cindy. I guess I just keep reading the boards for info. As I seriously doubt if call Royal will do any good. I've only gotten useless or erroneous info the last several times I've talked to the.

Hello jcg4550, How did you find this out? We are on the Oasis in November and have not received any kind of notice.

The changes to departure time for Allure begin Nov 16. I suppose it is possible that since you are sailing on the 8th that the change begins after you cruise...?

Was this an amazing weekend here in RI from a weather perspective or what!

What a gift! Looks like today is going to be another great day:)

Really, are you kidding, some must think rci can just sail their ships in/out of port when they feel like it, The port authority controls the ports:rolleyes::eek:

What a helpful post.:rolleyes: So why do you think the port authority is making the change?

Really, are you kidding, some must think rci can just sail their ships in/out of port when they feel like it, The port authority controls the ports:rolleyes::eek:

Very helpful. How silly of everyone to think that ships can just sail in and out of ports whenever they feel like it :rolleyes:.

We are sailing on Allure in November and have not been notified of the change either. We plan to be onboard by 1pm so its no big deal, but it would be nice to be informed.

The changes to departure time for Allure begin Nov 16. I suppose it is possible that since you are sailing on the 8th that the change begins after you cruise...?

What a gift! Looks like today is going to be another great day:)

Oh Wilda, I didn't see that bit. Thank you. I feel a little better about it now. It's kind of worrisome when you don't know if you're missing something important.