Chocolate Extravaganza???!??

MaiTaiMary

On most ships, its the last sea day at lunch. Look carefully at the fun times, because it isn't pushed. There are lots of chocolate - more like cocoa - items and usually a chocolate fountain where you can pick up skewers of fruit and marshmallows. You hand the skewers to the buffet worker though, and they do it. Like it better that way.

Ditto....not very good. Went once, won't waste my time again. I am a baker, not professionally but I bake for my own and my familys pleasure, and there is nothing there worth my effort. All of Carnivals dining room and buffet desserts leave a lot to be desired. Now, with that said, the desserts that they sell at the coffee shop are to die for. The big fat chocolate cake is a must for me on every cruise. I think it's only $2.25 for a HUGE piece of cake.

I went in June on Carnival Splendor, the "Chocolate Extravaganza" was gross. But other wise I really enjoy the food in in MDR and buffet, desert on the other hand not so much. I know a lot of people really love the "melting chocolate" cake in the MDR, I tried it to see what the fuss is about, didn't like it. But to me its not a big deal, as long as everything else is good, I am happy! :)

Ditto....not very good. Went once, won't waste my time again. I am a baker, not professionally but I bake for my own and my familys pleasure, and there is nothing there worth my effort. All of Carnivals dining room and buffet desserts leave a lot to be desired. Now, with that said, the desserts that they sell at the coffee shop are to die for. The big fat chocolate cake is a must for me on every cruise. I think it's only $2.25 for a HUGE piece of cake.

That's good to hear. I LOVE cheesecake, and as a baker myself (professionally), I am here to tell you that the cheesecake at the coffee bar is horrible! It tastes nothing like cheesecake, actually it doesn't have ANY flavor at all. Blech. We'll have to try the chocolate cake! We really liked the cappuccino pie and the wcmc in the MDR.

I have quit going to the chocolate buffet. I take in enough calories while on the cruise, and I don't think the stuff there is all that tasty. I agree with the pp who said room service chocolate cake is better. Also, this same chocolate cake can be had at tea time (at least it was on the Fantasy in July - could vary). But yeah, chocolate buffet - if you are doing something else fun at that time, no big deal if you miss it!

That's good to hear. I LOVE cheesecake, and as a baker myself (professionally), I am here to tell you that the cheesecake at the coffee bar is horrible! It tastes nothing like cheesecake, actually it doesn't have ANY flavor at all. Blech. We'll have to try the chocolate cake! We really liked the cappuccino pie and the wcmc in the MDR.

Try room service cheesecake.......yummers

Love NY style cheesecake and cannot real find it on Carnival. Did come close at tea time once.

For some reason the Carnival desserts typically do look a lot better than they taste.

If you need a chocolate fix, get this!

DH is CRAZY about that. I'm not as big on chocolate as I used to be....it just doesn't appeal to me as much. So I ordered the cheesecake. This last cruise on our room service order, instead of dessert, I ordered a plate of vegetables. Because I wanted to eat healthy? No. Because I was craving the SALT in the dip! :p It was ranch, btw and not bleu cheese as it said. And I was happy with that. :)

My wife and I just returned from the Carnival Liberty trip to the Eastern Caribbean. The Chocolate extravaganza was mentioned in the Fun Times daily letter. However, the time frame was very short and we missed it. After seeing the pictures of the Room Service chocolate cake, THAT seems the way to go.

I like the chocolate fountain, but it can be disappointing. My first Carnival cruise, they had bananas, marshmallows and little donuts. The next cruise, I had told my daughter about it as they weren't with me on the first one. It was a big bummer. They had cantaloupe and honeydew. To dip in chocolate. :(