Little help needed re: pricing....

Haven't cruised in 7 years. Back then I knew how to play the game and never thought I got screwed on a price. I haven't really been keep pace with changes and wondering how I did on the cruise I booked today.

Today, I booked a cruise through RCL on the Liberty; a five night trip leaving FLL and going to Mexico. I paid $799 for the first person and $400 for the second person for a Deluxe Ocean view from the Stern with a balcony. I am receiving a $50 stateroom credit.

Reading though the RCL forum, I am gathering this is not the best time to purchase a cruise.

Did I overpay? if so any way to get it cheaper (other than checking the prices constantly.)

Let me add that I am extremely flexible with my dates and can change accordingly.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neal

Edited by traderneal

Looks good to me, what dates? There are services out there that will help you track prices, for a small fee. I have never used one, but have seen them mentioned here before. If I were the type to book way out in the future, I would definitely use it.

BTW: I've been told that the cheapest time to cruise are the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas. The January cruises seem fairly cheap as well.

Looking at your other posts, seems that you booked 1-12-15.

Looking at one of the price monitors the best time ( price) so far was the very first part of may ..... but that is water under the bridge .... gone

It also shows the current price as low in comparison with prices few weeks ago, so you did well.

I am sure there will be people on your cruise that purchased the same category cabins as yours ...... and some paid more.... and some paid less.

You will fly ( probably) with people on the same flight that ..... some paid less.... and some paid more.

Enjoy your cruise - that is what really counts ....... if you want - check the prices few times maybe there will be a price drop.

Edited by wieslaw

We made reservations 6 months ago for a 5 day cruise on the Liberty for December.

The first person is $597 ( + taxes and insurance) and the second iis $697. This is for a JS

I watch for price drops frequently

Looking at your other posts, seems that you booked 1-12-15.

Looking at one of the price monitors the best time ( price) so far was the very first part of may ..... but that is water under the bridge .... gone

It also shows the current price as low in comparison with prices few weeks ago, so you did well.

I am sure there will be people on your cruise that purchased the same category cabins as yours ...... and some paid more.... and some paid less.

You will fly ( probably) with people on the same flight that ..... some paid less.... and some paid more.

Enjoy your cruise - that is what really counts ....... if you want - check the prices few times maybe there will be a price drop.

OMG, you researched their post history to determine when they booked. Who has time for that, or cares for that matter. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app