Question re Captain's Club laundry bag perq on 12+ night cruise

Turtles06

We will be embarking next month on the Silhouette TA, our third TA but our first at the "Select" Captain's Club level. As I understand it, the "Select" benefits include:

"One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price on all Celebrity Cruises of 12+ nights"

Our TA is 15 nights, so this perk would apply. My question goes to the timing. Are we permitted to fill a bag at any time and get the contents laundered for whatever the discounted price is (once of course), or must we wait until the ship tells us this is available? If the latter, does there seem to be a standard time for this during a cruise of this length?

Thanks for the help (maybe we'll pack less this time. :) ).

We will be embarking next month on the Silhouette TA, our third TA but our first at the "Select" Captain's Club level. As I understand it, the "Select" benefits include:

"One standard bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) at discounted price on all Celebrity Cruises of 12+ nights"

Our TA is 15 nights, so this perk would apply. My question goes to the timing. Are we permitted to fill a bag at any time and get the contents laundered for whatever the discounted price is (once of course), or must we wait until the ship tells us this is available? If the latter, does there seem to be a standard time for this during a cruise of this length?

Thanks for the help (maybe we'll pack less this time. :) ).

You can fill a bag even on the first night of the cruise and send it to laundry. BUT... you can't fill it (I think 2) days prior to the end of the cruise.

Yes, we just had those coupons on our Silhouette cruise in June. You can send the bag in up to the last couple of days before the end. Also, if you roll your clothes tightly you can actually get quite a lot in there! If both you and your traveling companion are Select you'll each get a coupon. We sent off a bag about day 4 and then about day 8 or 9. Everything came back perfectly, nothing shrunk or discoloured! Great perk!

Enjoy your cruise!!

Thank you both for the info, and Barwick, thanks also for the reminder about both folks in the cabin getting the deal if they are both Select (which my spouse and I are).

This is our first time sailing as Select, so this is new to us. (But I did make a note months ago about the free gelato we should each get. :) )

Thanks!

Since you are on a TA, just be aware that it may take longer than what they say to get it back as there are lots of long time Celebrity cruisers on TAs using the laundry perk, & that extends the lead time. At least it did on our Silhouette TA in the spring.

If you haven't been on Silhouette, you are in for a treat! Great ship!

Of note, the bag is not very big and it's paper. I always reinforce it with my omnipresent duct tape! Do not send anything that is in any way delicate or precious. Think underwear and socks. Items are laundered in extremely hot water and will not be pressed, just folded. There is a 20 item limit. The individual prices for items can be a bit expensive ~$4 for a pair of socks...almost cheaper to throw them away and buy new at home if it came down to space for some reason!

Of note, the bag is not very big and it's paper. I always reinforce it with my omnipresent duct tape! Do not send anything that is in any way delicate or precious. Think underwear and socks. Items are laundered in extremely hot water and will not be pressed, just folded. There is a 20 item limit. The individual prices for items can be a bit expensive ~$4 for a pair of socks...almost cheaper to throw them away and buy new at home if it came down to space for some reason!

Thanks for all that info, including the duct tape tip. We always have a travel size roll with us. Comes in handy for so many things! :)

A current price list for per item laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing services--more accurate than some information posted here--at Celebrity's website...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#2

For those who are entitled to some level of discounted or complimentary laundry by virtue of Captain's Club membership tier, sometimes the benefit is restricted to twenty pieces of laundry and sometimes the count is limited to thirty pieces of laundry... The variation depends upon itinerary as locally imposed water usage/discharge [the water is treated before discharge] restrictions are sometimes in place...

I send socks all the time and they are fine!!

A current price list for per item laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing services--more accurate than some information posted here--at Celebrity's website...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions#2

For those who are entitled to some level of discounted or complimentary laundry by virtue of Captain's Club membership tier, sometimes the benefit is restricted to twenty pieces of laundry and sometimes the count is limited to thirty pieces of laundry... The variation depends upon itinerary as locally imposed water usage/discharge [the water is treated before discharge] restrictions are sometimes in place...

I thought they would take the bag full no matter how many items....I know I've had more than 20 in them before....I just fill it up and the only reason I might count it would be to be sure it all came back!!:)

That's what I mean..the only safe things to send are really socks and underwear. But certainly not lingerie. IT IS MY EXPERIENCE that they could say you can send 50 items, but EVERYTHING must fit in the paper bag. Please people, it's only a discussion and we are talking about dirty laundry!

I thought they would take the bag full no matter how many items....I know I've had more than 20 in them before....I just fill it up and the only reason I might count it would be to be sure it all came back!!:)

Or perhaps you missed the incremental charge to your SeaPass account!

Following is from the Captain's Club Benefits section of Celebrity's website relative to the complimentary Elite laundry benefit [one complimentary bag per sailing] and the complimentary Elite Plus laundry benefit [two complimentary bags per sailing] regardless of cruise length...

-----

***Includes 20 items on itineraries with water usage restrictions or up to 30 items on itineraries without water usage restrictions. Water usage restrictions apply on most Alaskan and Baltic itineraries.

-----

The same provision is printed on the coupon that you submit along with the laundry order form [which does require a count]; both are placed in the bag...

Interestingly enough--I just looked--the laundry discount benefit for Select members refers to one "standard" bag of laundry--whatever that means; I suspect that the same provisions are intended but we all know that the website is not always [???!!!] accurate--on sailings of twelve nights or more...

Zenith members received unlimited complimentary laundry...

In my experience, they do charge for items exceeding the allowance with the fee assessed for the lowest priced incremental items if it's a "mixed" bag...

My experience has also been that the laundry is washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer (and folded, as described). I would never send anything that I did not want to risk shrinking. Perhaps this does not always happen, but since we got to Elite level we use the laundry bag every cruise and are definitely of the opinion that shrinkage is possible. We will send socks, underwear, inexpensive shorts and t-shirts, pajamas, and that's about it.

Obviously I can only speak from our experience, and we are not Elite yet but with the Select coupon you pay $20 and it was for as much as you can fit in the bag...no limit! We def had more than 20 items in ours and there was no additional charge to our account, other than the initial $20. I can understand that for Elites who don't pay to send their bag there might be a limit but there wasn't for our Select bag. It's amazing how many pieces of laundry you can fit in that bag if you roll up each item tightly:D There was also a coupon for free pressing of two items, which came in handy for my sundress as well as hubby's dressier shirts.

Enjoy Silhouette! We had a great time!!

Cathy