Suggestions for NCL promotions

jmele999

Based on comments on another thread (New offer October 1-4), it appears that the current NCL offer (10% OBC based on cruise fare) has not been well received by the CC community. Many people, including me, are complaining that NCL increased the cruise fare in order to offer this promotion. I know that NCL is a business and that they will get others, outside of the CC community, to book using this promo, but since this is CC I thought that it would be appropriate to discuss.

Do you have any suggestions for NCL about a new promotion or a promotion that you would like to see again.

Here is my suggestion.

Additional OBC based on time of booking (combinable with any other promotions). NCL will get more bookings early in the process and hopefully avoid up-sales phone calls, and we get more OBC, which in turn will be used on-board thereby benefiting NCL.

For example

1) Book between 18 and 24 months before sailing and receive the following OBC

Inside - $50; Balcony $100; mini-suites $150; Suites $200; Haven $ 250

2) Book between 17 and 12 months and receive

Inside - $25; Balcony $50; mini-suites $100; Suites $150; Haven $ 200

Edited by jmele999

Works for me

Based on comments on another thread (New offer October 1-4), it appears that the current NCL offer (10% OBC based on cruise fare) has not been well received by the CC community. Many people, including me, are complaining that NCL increased the cruise fare in order to offer this promotion. I know that NCL is a business and that they will get others, outside of the CC community, to book using this promo, but since this is CC I thought that it would be appropriate to discuss.

Do you have any suggestions for NCL about a new promotion or a promotion that you would like to see again.

Here is my suggestion.

Additional OBC based on time of booking (combinable with any other promotions). NCL will get more bookings early in the process and hopefully avoid up-sales phone calls, and we get more OBC, which in turn will be used on-board thereby benefiting NCL.

For example

Do you mean above OBC amounts in addition to what NCL already offers? We book more than 9 months out to get (a) lower price, and (b) $300 OBC--not $200--for booking a suite. Afraid a lower OBC amount would be a disincentive!

:(

Do you mean above OBC amounts in addition to what NCL already offers? We book more than 9 months out to get (a) lower price, and (b) $300 OBC--not $200--for booking a suite. Afraid a lower OBC amount would be a disincentive!

:(

No. I mean as an additional OBC. In our upcoming cruise to the western Caribbean in January, over 50% of the suites are still available. NCL typically sells them at a discounter rate after final payment so why not have people book them in advance.

1. Free alcohol

2. Free specialty dinning in all venues

3. 100% cash refund on all gambling losses

4. Convert ALL staterooms into Aft Facing Penthouse Suites

5. Lobster night - every night

6. An additional 20,000 poolside lounge chairs added to every pool deck

7. An additional 25 hot tubs added to each ship

:D:D:D:D:D

I love NCL, and I typically book 9 or more months out. However, I don't like losing the extra latitude rewards if I make any kind of change to get the new promotion. For example, my original reservation for the Getaway in January was booked almost a year out. However, when they started the All inclusive promotion, and I had to "rebook" for the current promotion, we lost the 9 month point bonus. I didn't change ships or anything else, just added the new promotion, so I think allowing early bookers to keep whatever incentive they had when they originally booked would be an added bonus.

1. Free alcohol

Finally, a realistic idea!!!!

1. Free alcohol

I just keep trying to pictue that ship......:p

I love NCL, and I typically book 9 or more months out. However, I don't like losing the extra latitude rewards if I make any kind of change to get the new promotion. For example, my original reservation for the Getaway in January was booked almost a year out. However, when they started the All inclusive promotion, and I had to "rebook" for the current promotion, we lost the 9 month point bonus. I didn't change ships or anything else, just added the new promotion, so I think allowing early bookers to keep whatever incentive they had when they originally booked would be an added bonus.

Yes, at least keeping the latitudes points. I understand not being able to combine a current promotion with something else, like OBC that had been offered as a promo when originally booked. But the extra points for booking early, by all means should still apply if the passenger is in the same cabin on the same sailing.