Booze in Suitcase

dinosaurdem

Don't they normally provide them to the room the night before?

That's how it used to be so you could pack your stuff, however;

Equinox East Med cruise, we had two bottles of wine & a swiss army type knife that we bought as a gift for our son in law stored for us, they had everyone pick up "confiscated" items as you were disembarking, no delivery on the last night, which means, you have to then pack them off the ship.

That's how it used to be so you could pack your stuff, however;

Equinox East Med cruise, we had two bottles of wine & a swiss army type knife that we bought as a gift for our son in law stored for us, they had everyone pick up "confiscated" items as you were disembarking, no delivery on the last night, which means, you have to then pack them off the ship.

Right, maybe it is a new policy for X or perhaps there was just too much to deliver for everyone..:D

Edited by MicCanberra

What you will probably find is that wine is wine, no matter with or without the alcohol, and the two bottle per stateroom rule applies.

It's already been seen that fortified wine is wine, sparkling wine is wine, plum wine is wine, and it follows that N/A wine is wine

I'd call wine without alcohol grape juice.

Right, maybe it is a new policy for X or perhaps there was just too much to deliver for everyone..:D

You're probably right, I think that's also why they have been much more lenient

on our cruises, after a day in Tuscany who isn't bringing back wine to take home? :D

The most strict I have experienced was the last port day before the crossing on a TA, the port was Maderia, & they really checked out everyones bags, this was before you could buy the current alcohol packages, they'd just started the beer pkg., & I had that, made for happy sea days on that crossing. :D

The Maderia port made its way home with us & was enjoyed at Christmas.

So many bottles of alcohol must get through security either unchecked or without concern.

We took 2 bottles of wine on with us in our hand luggage at Southampton recently. In addition, we carried on several glass bottles of non alcoholic fancy drinks for my wife who doesn't drink. They all went in the same hand luggage as the wine, and as a result the hand luggage weighed a LOT. As the contents were all glass I sounded like a walking distillery. I suspect on the Xray it would have looked like about 8 bottles of wine and spirits - but the baggage cleared security without any further inspection or query.

They hold your luggage and call you to the security room to hand over the booze, then you get your bag back and go on your way. They then (hopefully) return your booze on the last night of your sailing....

Not worth the hassle. Cruise lines are onto booze smugglers.

We just got off Summit on Sunday and there is a big sign upon entering that if they find alcohol in your bags they will dispose of it and not hold it. Now if they actually do that or not I don't know, because we have never brought or tried to bring alcohol on on board.

I brought bottled water on this past cruise and they made me open the bag to check the bottles were all still sealed and wrapped in their original plastic.

I guess it all depends on the port and screeners?

We just got off Summit on Sunday and there is a big sign upon entering that if they find alcohol in your bags they will dispose of it and not hold it. Now if they actually do that or not I don't know, because we have never brought or tried to bring alcohol on on board.

I brought bottled water on this past cruise and they made me open the bag to check the bottles were all still sealed and wrapped in their original plastic.

I guess it all depends on the port and screeners?

I think this is the main driver, someone in charge says, "today we check all the bags" so they do, other times people can just walk through with whatever amount they want.