Nautica Suites

fashionfilly

Hi, can someone who has stayed in any of the Nautica suites please tell me exactly what we are entitled to? Does it include WIFI and drinks packages, canapes with dinner?

I have cruised twice with them and stayed in a veranda room but am now interested in a suite for our next itinerary.

Can someone please also confirm that this ship does have working internet now as last year there was no internet coverage throughout my Baltic cruise.

Thanks.

Hi, can someone who has stayed in any of the Nautica suites please tell me exactly what we are entitled to? Does it include WIFI and drinks packages, canapes with dinner?

Thanks.

no free WiFi (unless it is part of the cruise package at the time of booking)

you get 6 bottles off the supplied list no free drinks package

Canapes before dinner or you could ask to have with dinner I suppose

Thank and will check out the thread later. I guess after having cruised with them twice, we're more than a bit bothered about the huge bill we get at the end of the cruise. Gratuities mainly (when we give a generous private tip to the 3 room attendants ourselves).

We vowed never to cruise with them again unless we could get some inclusions and we are willing to stay in a suite. Costs us huge dollars to fly to europe from Australia and they have to make it worth our while otherwise we will be looking at Azamara or another ship.

PS I feel their sommelliers push bottles of wine on us too. We just order a glass with dinner as we like to try new wines but they continuously harrass us to buy the whole bottle. Feeling a bit fed up and exhausted having to deal with these issues on a holiday.

The WIFI should be included because on my last 2 trips it didnt work anyway.

You will find all the Oceania info you will ever need on the Oceania board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51

Bruce, is there a mistake in this link as i get this huge page of threads which I couldnt possibly have the time to read. I'm at work.

Edited by fashionfilly

Thank and will check out the thread later. I guess after having cruised with them twice, we're more than a bit bothered about the huge bill we get at the end of the cruise. Gratuities mainly (when we give a generous private tip to the 3 room attendants ourselves).

We vowed never to cruise with them again unless we could get some inclusions and we are willing to stay in a suite. Costs us huge dollars to fly to europe from Australia and they have to make it worth our while otherwise we will be looking at Azamara or another ship.

PS I feel their sommelliers push bottles of wine on us too. We just order a glass with dinner as we like to try new wines but they continuously harrass us to buy the whole bottle. Feeling a bit fed up and exhausted having to deal with these issues on a holiday.

The WIFI should be included because on my last 2 trips it didnt work anyway.

They do have beverage packages but they are not included

Sounds like they are not the cruise line for you

Some TA's do include gratuities but not sure if the ones in Australia do

Some of the cruises advertise free internet & PPG as a perk again I do not know if they do in Australia ..

Have you looked at Regent or Silversea they are more inclusive

Bruce, is there a mistake in this link as i get this huge page of threads which I couldnt possibly have the time to read. I'm at work.

No. That is the Oceania board, where such cruise line policy issues like free Internet would be discussed. Just do some reading or a search there.

Check out Regent where everything is included in the price of the cruise! All wine and liquor, tours, gratuities and generally round trip air. Not sure about air as you are coming from Australia.

What's not included, laundry, spa and wifi.... Often wifi can be included by Regent as part of a booking promo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks guys and girls. I will have to continue doing research but an itinerary has come up and i do love the smaller ship, nautica. There is no way that our air fares would be included but I understand they (Oceania) probably offer more perks for US citizens.

I'm not expecting much, just wifi and drinks, am willing to stay in a suite. We travel a long way and need more bang for our buck.

Maybe it is not the right cruise line for me, sadly. I was surprised that the 2 cruises I did with them (2 years apart) had exactly the same shows (American Pie, cant remember the names of the routines performed) different entertainers but same shows. After that, there is nothing at all. Horizons had a broken juke box and such a large area on top deck but nobody there. What a shame. Could be so much better.

Thanks again.

Thanks nana, I definitely will. Azamara is looking good too. All depends on the itinerary as there are certain ports I dont want visit again.

We're not cheapskates, we're looking for an upmarket cruise and will pay for it but it's just insulting to get this huge bill for extras at the end of your cruise. We're not even big drinkers... just a glass of wine with dinner so I dont quite understand why Oceania doesnt want to cater for us. It's young ones like us that this cruise liner needs. Not everyone wants to sit around after dinner, they need to have some dancing and music and bring some life into Horizons which is a huge, wasted area.

Have they changed their wifi capabilities yet? I signed up for the unlimited package on first day of cruise but as they had no connection, I cancelled it the next day. The internet in their computer room didnt even work. Not good enough for travellers that are such a long way from home and need to keep in touch with elderly parents.

I was really shocked that the same shows re-appeared! 2 years and the same shows? Ridiculous. So if you're a fan of this ship you just watch the same show over again and again after dinner? It's just not good enough but now that they have advertised their 2015/2016 Itineraries, they are broadening their port stops to some new areas so that's why I thought I would enquire again.

I dont like to complain but I think my whinging here is justified. Why oh why does everything have to have a 'gratuity' added on. Even the gym and a facial. I just dont expect this from an upmarket cruise liner.

We had 3 room attendants (a verandah cabin on level 6) and we gave each of them a huge tip the night before we left. They were really happy and I think it should be left up to us to tip them, not have it forced onto us.

They really shouldnt be adding on a gratuity on our drinks which are already expensive enough.

:-(

I think you are probably more suited to an all inclusive line or more inclusive than Oceania

check some of the luxury lines

Seabourn, Regent, Silversea, Seadream, Crystal

Enjoy what ever line you choose

Lyn

I think you are probably more suited to an all inclusive line or more inclusive than Oceania

check some of the luxury lines

Seabourn, Regent, Silversea, Seadream, Crystal

Enjoy what ever line you choose

Lyn

Silversea looks too snobby so that's not for us either. Looks like it's for an older clientelle.

No. That is the Oceania board, where such cruise line policy issues like free Internet would be discussed. Just do some reading or a search there.

Or if you less itinerary driven...then perhaps cruise lines that have " ships within ships". These are high end suites with separate dining, inclusive drinks etc. MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven comes to mind....and Celebrity will soon have this class. All have good entertainment for those that like theatre shows (MSC and NCL in particluar). Downside is the ships are larger and itineraries are more run of the mill.

Edited by buggins0402

Silversea looks too snobby so that's not for us either. Looks like it's for an older clientelle.

Seadream may have a younger crowd but maybe not the entertainment

Oceania suits us but we are old & do not drink much or party anymore

I am sure you will find a cruise line that works for you

Edited by LHT28

If you are thinking about one of the "regular" Penthouse suites, just be aware that if you or your SO are over 6'1" you will not be able to stand up in all of the showers! And even if you are not quite that tall you may end up banging your arms on the shower ceiling when washing your hair ...

Look at suites on Celebrity! After 10 Oceania cruises (3 of them in Penthouse) we finally wished up and switched! After just 3 cruises by being in Celebrity Suites we made Elite and gained free wine, free laundry, & free internet! And paid less than basic veranda on Oceania! Love saving money & getting better accommodations with more perks!

Stop giving extra "tips" to those who are included in the tips they make you pay!

yes, maybe if they paid the staff well, they wouldnt have this silly tipping (robbery) rule.

We as aussies dont seem to get the perks offered to you guys. It's almost like Oceania dont want our business. A shame as we're a fun and friendly kind of folk.

I guess it all depends on the itinerary as there are some places that are on my bucket list.

My hub has looked at MSC Yacht club and he is keen but I'm worried about such a huge ship, having to disembark and the holdups. I wonder if the bigger ships have 2 gangplanks to make disembarkation more efficient.

I'd love a small ship (not too small) with some good entertainment. The food on Oceania is really good, the dining room in particular is lovely for breakfast.

I guess if I cant find similar itinerary we will be back with nautica (no internet though as I refuse to pay for something that doesnt even work). No Penthouse either... will just get the verandah again.

I know bathrooms are a bit small but all in all the staterooms are well laid out. I just need to tell myself to travel light because once you start buying and accumulating things, you end up tripping over them. Hub is 5ft 11 so he is ok with the shower.

Why dont they do something with Horizons? I thought after dry dock they would make more use of this wasted area at night. No one is every up there, just us and broken jukebox.

Look at suites on Celebrity! After 10 Oceania cruises (3 of them in Penthouse) we finally wished up and switched! After just 3 cruises by being in Celebrity Suites we made Elite and gained free wine, free laundry, & free internet! And paid less than basic veranda on Oceania! Love saving money & getting better accommodations with more perks!

I will look into Celebrity as well as the others I'm researching. I dont want something too big. 700 passengers seems to be a really good mix of people. You see them every couple of days and exchange greetings, etc. It's really lovely on Oceania. We have met some lovely people on the tours on 1st cruise. 2nd cruise we did the ships tours which were not the best. As we get more experienced in cruising we will gain more knowledge of what to do :-)

Why dont they do something with Horizons? I thought after dry dock they would make more use of this wasted area at night. No one is every up there, just us and broken jukebox.

Why do you not post on the Oceania forum maybe some recent cruisers can tell you if the juke box is fixed ...I did not even know they had one :eek:

Most O cruisers are tucked away by 11 pm on port intensive cruises

Maybe you just had a bad crowd

DH has gone up Horizons after the show & there were things going on

Each cruise is different age demographics

We were leery about going from O to Celeb. Based on # of passengers but we were pleasantly surprised to fell that it just didn't seem crowded... By doing private excursions we still really get to knee & visit with people... We're headed off in a couple weeks to go visit a couple we met on our last Celeb cruise.... Whatever you decide, you will really have a wonderful trip....