Happy Hour on Ryndam?

Cruizer Bill

All the ships have Happy Hours, many ships have happy hours in different bars at various times during the day. For example it might be in the Crows Next 4pm-5pm, and in another bar 7pm-8pm, and yet a differnet bar 9-10pm.

You just have to consult the daily schedule.

We were on the Ryndam from Aug31 - Sept 10. (Spain Portugal itinerary.) There were no happy hours that we noticed in the schedule in the Crows Nest. However.. 3 afternoons there was Happy Hour in the Ocean Bar. We attended two of those and it was not crowded at all with seat and tables free for the whole time.

We WERE disappointed they weren't more frequent. Just be sure to check your schedule of events EVERY night to see if and where there will be one. Don't assume the Crow's Nest. It appears that the schedule surely varies by ship and itinerary. Crazy.:( I don't get it.

Edited by eandj

All the ships have Happy Hours, many ships have happy hours in different bars at various times during the day. For example it might be in the Crows Next 4pm-5pm, and in another bar 7pm-8pm, and yet a differnet bar 9-10pm.

You just have to consult the daily schedule.

I'm not sure of this anymore, Bruce. :rolleyes:There have been reports on other threads recently that some itineraries haven't offered them at all. And we only saw them 3 days on our 12 day cruise. At any of the bars. Go figure.

We were on the Ryndam for 3 weeks in Norway this past June and there was no Happy Hour in any bar.A large number of passengers had the Explore 4package so maybe that was the reason.

Ditto for the Rotterdam Aug 2-30 cruise. The Explore4 beverage packaged seems to have made Happy Hour irrevelant. I mourn the loss:(.

Dan

I'm not sure of this anymore, Bruce. :rolleyes:There have been reports on other threads recently that some itineraries haven't offered them at all. And we only saw them 3 days on our 12 day cruise. At any of the bars. Go figure.

Well, perhaps with widespread Explore4 use, perhaps Happy Hours will go away. What I reported was my experience from 8 HAL cruises.

I found Dave's (RetiredMustang) review from his cruise on the Ryndam from this past February. There were Happy Hours.

Link to his review:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1990705

Hi, KK! Hope you and DH are doing well (DW and I would like to see you again on a Dam ship sometime).

I saw this thread title this evening and opened it because we were on Ryndam in Feb. and I thought I might actually have something to add to help -- but I see you already quoted my blog and answered that there were happy hours then. They weren't held the first night, but were on the other ones.

Also, on Amsterdam's 14-day Alaska Aug. 24- Sept. 7 this year, again there were happy hours. There were a lot of Explore4 cards on that cruise, but the happy hours were still held.

I realize that history is not necessarily a predictor of the future, but I would hazard to guess that Ryndam may indeed have happy hours on at least some nights in some of the bars (Ocean and Crow's Nest, usually, not the MIX).

Dave