Can you cancel a shore tour onboard?

angelwingsflys

not always. Excursions must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance (sometimes 48 hours). If you board and the excursion is the very next day, you may not be able to cancel it. However, if that excursion is later in the cruise, yes, you can cancel (check the time limit) and the money paid will be credited to your on board account.

The cancellation deadline will be at sometime in the afternoon or evening two days before your excursion. For example the cut off time for cancelling a Wednesday excursion will be sometime on Monday afternoon or evening. The exact cut off time will be published in the excursion listing distributed on the ship and you can also find this out by contacting the excursion desk once on board.

I presume the reason for the cut off date is so the cruise line can provide final head count information to the tour operators the day before the excursion.

As ghstudio pointed out the cancellation provisions for an excursion which is the day after embarkation varies since you will already be past the normal cancellation deadline when you board. Some can be cancelled on embarkation day and some can not be cancelled.

I don't know if Celebrity has changed the shore excursion cancellation policy but we were able to cancel an excursion on the day of the excursion on our Alaska cruise on Millennium.

We cancelled because the time conflicted with the Chef's table that we signed up for but had not yet paid for. There was some wording in their on board excursion brochures about cancelling almost at any time prior to the excursion.

Mary Lou

I don't know if Celebrity has changed the shore excursion cancellation policy but we were able to cancel an excursion on the day of the excursion on our Alaska cruise on Millennium.

We cancelled because the time conflicted with the Chef's table that we signed up for but had not yet paid for. There was some wording in their on board excursion brochures about cancelling almost at any time prior to the excursion.

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou,:) I think maybe you got lucky? Over the years I believe cancellations have always been 24 hours

...(you had to cancel ahead of time).....but maybe not?.....oh I just read ozark's post. So maybe they have

changed the policy.....never heard of being able to cancel 3 hours before the tour.

Edited by Lois R

Was told they do not have the 24 hour cutoff anymore.

Hi Mary Lou,:) I think maybe you got lucky? So maybe they have changed the policy.....

We were told they changed the "24 hour" cancellation policy also. :)

We were told they changed the "24 hour" cancellation policy also. :)

Hi Texed:).......oh, ok...news to me. They have no issues with it

anymore? Nice to know!

Hello,

This will be the ideal kind of thread for the "official" Celebrity Cruises poster to hopefully respond to...has there been a fleet wide policy change ? As all current advertising etc still specifies a 24hr cancellation requirement ?!

Hopefully, we'll get official clarification.

Thanks

BBL

You should cancel as soon as you know you are not going to take the excursion so that if it is or becomes all booked up, others wanting to take the excursion can do so.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl