Dive In sauce

aqua

Has anyone recreated Dive In sauce? The executive chef told me that he would give me almost any HAL recipe except that one! I am confident that some CC posters have already figured it out. I would love the recipe. Thanks!

HAL recently upgraded their Burger Bars to 'Dive In' where they serve hamburgers (among other things). Some people really like the sauce they serve there but others seem to get it on the side because they aren't sure they like it so much. :)

Must admit I was slightly disappointed with the Dive-In sauce on my recent Noordam cruise, I must admit I thought it was going to be a BBQ style and when I got this insipid mustard coloured one it was a bit too bland. But then that's my personal taste, so don't all you Mustardios flame me out :)

Has anyone recreated Dive In sauce? The executive chef told me that he would give me almost any HAL recipe except that one! I am confident that some CC posters have already figured it out. I would love the recipe. Thanks!

Will have to wait and taste.

It is very similar to Big Mac sauce. Recipes for that are all over the internet.

There is a video of the Exec Chef from McDonald's making it and it's really quite simple:

mayo, mustard, white Wine vinegar, sweet pickle relish, garlic powder, onion powder, and Paprika. I added about 2tsp of sugar and it was pretty much spot of.

If anyone wants the exact amounts PM me

Edited by frankc98376

I don't doubt your recipe for Big Mac sauce and though I haven't had a Big Mac in many years, I remember it being a mayonnaise/pickle more based sauce than mustard. There is mustard in it but that is not the primary flavor as I remember it. :confused:

Here is a link to Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes 'copy cat' recipe for it. Most of his recipes are usually pretty close to the actual. :)

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Special-Sauce-Big-Mac-Sauce-Copycat-Recipe.html

Edited by sail7seas

Thank you for the replies, but I think Dive In sauce is different from Big Mac dressing. I appreciate the link to the Top Secret Recipe page because there are some interesting things to try there. Does anyone else have the Dive In sauce recipe?

Thank you for the replies, but I think Dive In sauce is different from Big Mac dressing. I appreciate the link to the Top Secret Recipe page because there are some interesting things to try there. Does anyone else have the Dive In sauce recipe?

I have a number of Todd Wilbur's cookbooks and some of his 'copy cat' recipes are great. He puts out a free e-mail and about every two or so weeks sends a new recipe that is good for a limited length of time without paying. It is then archived and can be purchased at a later date.

I probably have 3 or so of his books.

I don't doubt your recipe for Big Mac sauce and though I haven't had a Big Mac in many years, I remember it being a mayonnaise/pickle more based sauce than mustard. There is mustard in it but that is not the primary flavor as I remember it. :confused:

Here is a link to Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes 'copy cat' recipe for it. Most of his recipes are usually pretty close to the actual. :)

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/McDonalds-Special-Sauce-Big-Mac-Sauce-Copycat-Recipe.html

Mustard can be adjusted to taste. This one came from Dan Caudreaut- Executive Chef for McDonald's.

He put this one out as it uses ingredients the average person can buy at the store. The ingredients list for actual Big Mac sauce is long and only understood by a chemist :). Uses just over a cup of mayo and one Tbsp of mustard- so yes, mostly mayo.

To each his own, and all that, I suppose ... but I doubt I will be having a hamburger and fries in the Lido any time soon. They are much better than they used to be, but still leave much to be desired. And the Dive In sauce had too much mustard and too much pepper and too much something else I could not fully identify but did not like. (And, I don't care what the recipe is, your secret is safe with me -- I don't want to replicate it.)

Dave

To each his own, and all that, I suppose ... but I doubt I will be having a hamburger and fries in the Lido any time soon. They are much better than they used to be, but still leave much to be desired. And the Dive In sauce had too much mustard and too much pepper and too much something else I could not fully identify but did not like. (And, I don't care what the recipe is, your secret is safe with me -- I don't want to replicate it.)

Dave

I feel the same way. I just don't understand what the fuss is about. It's very mediocre to me.

It is very similar to Big Mac sauce. Recipes for that are all over the internet.

There is a video of the Exec Chef from McDonald's making it and it's really quite simple:

mayo, mustard, white Wine vinegar, sweet pickle relish, garlic powder, onion powder, and Paprika. I added about 2tsp of sugar and it was pretty much spot of.

If anyone wants the exact amounts PM me

ok the secret is now out. :D:D

I love to come up with copies of restaurant sauces, dressings, and foods that I like. I find several versions on the Internet and work to get them down to one I feel is the same. This way I know what is on them (and not tons of unrecognizable scary ingredients)/

Sail- check out "Copykat" (sic) also- they are pretty good :)

I love to come up with copies of restaurant sauces, dressings, and foods that I like. I find several versions on the Internet and work to get them down to one I feel is the same. This way I know what is on them (and not tons of unrecognizable scary ingredients)/

Sail- check out "Copykat" (sic) also- they are pretty good :)

Thanks, Frank.

I've actually gone to Copykat for years. I don't go often but from time to time and have gotten some good recipes there. :) What is interesting is how they are so careful to not post any of the other site's recipes.

I can't have sugar and when I asked what was in it. I stopped the steward after the words bbq sauce. Sorry, I wish now I could remember what he said...