aqua water zumba

tbmrt

Interesting...

Does anyone know if there is any sort of water exercise programs offered ?

And if so... Share what you thought of them if you participated / witnessed one.

Cheers!

I have only sailed on two cruises but both were 10 days or longer and I spent a considerable amount of time at the pool on sea days. None on port days.

I have never seen a water exercise class offered. The pools are just too crowded (Carribean sailings) and there would be far more ticked off people at having no pool access for an hour or more for a class than those interested.

You are free to exercise on your own and won't be bothered for it. One man brought his wife every day to the pool. She had bad MS and he did aqua therapy with her for a couple of hours.

Last year on the Solstice out of Sydney they had water Zumba. That was the only cruise I have seen it on. Last month on the Infinity they had only 4 Zumba classes for a 14 day cruise. Two free and two pay classes.

Last year on the Solstice out of Sydney they had water Zumba. That was the only cruise I have seen it on. Last month on the Infinity they had only 4 Zumba classes for a 14 day cruise. Two free and two pay classes.

I am glad they had some free ones. One day on Solstice (the cruise after yours) I saw about 6 Chinese women doing their own Zumba, music and all, outside of the Sky lounge. I was tempted to join them. We only had one free one on that cruise, held poolside and very well attended. The next one was a fee based one and no one showed up.

Interesting...

Does anyone know if there is any sort of water exercise programs offered ?

And if so... Share what you thought of them if you participated / witnessed one.

Cheers!

MSC Divina had an aqua bike class which was lots of fun. They held them in one of their small pools in the back of the ship early in the morning and around 5pm. $10 fee.

I received a copy of the 2014/2015 cruise and cruise tours brochure for The Americas, and both Zumba Gold ("for active older adults") and Aqua Zumba ("the ultimate pool party") are mentioned as Celebrity Life Activities. There aren't any details given, just that they're taught by certified Zumba instructors. Maybe someone in the spa can give more details. I'll try to remember to ask in November on Reflection.

I received a copy of the 2014/2015 cruise and cruise tours brochure for The Americas, and both Zumba Gold ("for active older adults") and Aqua Zumba ("the ultimate pool party") are mentioned as Celebrity Life Activities. There aren't any details given, just that they're taught by certified Zumba instructors. Maybe someone in the spa can give more details. I'll try to remember to ask in November on Reflection.

So many people complained about the loud music when Zumba was held by the pool. I'm amazed that they are offering Aqua Zumba. Might be worth a try.

Love your Avatar. Is it a Beagle?

From what I saw I wouldn't think that Zumba was removed from the pool deck because of people complaining. Rather that it was so popular that Celebrity or their spa partners saw a money making opportunity. Shame really because it was a great fun way to get healthy. By the way I didn't partake but would often be lying around watching all the people of all shapes, sizes and abilities enjoying themselves. Again from my observation the complainers would have been as usual a small but very vocal minority. Now Zumba has moved inside they can look for their next thing to whine about.