If Royal and Carnival merged...

klfhngr

It would be bad for cruisers as there would be less competition and higher prices.

That pretty much sums it up. Competition is good. It keeps prices low and encourages innovation and better service. Even the most die hard Royal loyals need Carnival, and vice versa.

It will never happen. Royal Caribbean will merge with Norwegian like in 5-10 years. :eek: :p :rolleyes: :confused:

Not likely as NCL is privately owned it would take a agreed price with the owner and RCI would have no bargaining position as the is no stock on the market to be acquired in advance.

Wow, I didn't mean to start anything! I was checking out the Allure leave yesterday. Carnival was 'parked' behind the Allure. As the Allure rotated, the 'fin' stood out, thought I'd take a quick screenshot!

Looks like I have some good reading for next week's cruise, I'm going to purchase a few of the books mentioned here, thanks all!

See you in a few days Peace!

I'll post this on CCL board, lol!

Wow, I didn't mean to start anything! I was checking out the Allure leave yesterday. Carnival was 'parked' behind the Allure. As the Allure rotated, the 'fin' stood out, thought I'd take a quick screenshot!

Looks like I have some good reading for next week's cruise, I'm going to purchase a few of the books mentioned here, thanks all!

See you in a few days Peace!

I'll post this on CCL board, lol!

It's so funny. I was going to post something last night telling everyone to just relax and that you were just making a joke because of the funny picture you took. But then people went nuts so I decided to just sit back and enjoy the reading.

Lol CB and NY!

To be honest, I knew this would start something. So many people are uptight that they can't enjoy the simple things in life, like a dumb photo joke, lol.

Anyhow, for those that enjoyed it, thanks. For those that didn't, lighten up :)

Remember: "He that eats prunes, sits on throne for many moons".

If Carnival and Royal merged, passengers would be playing a quest game to find the male passenger on board with both the sexiest legs and the hairiest chest, exhibiting the most impressive disco dance moves at the 70s party!

Edited by printingchick

Lol CB and NY!

To be honest, I knew this would start something. So many people are uptight that they can't enjoy the simple things in life, like a dumb photo joke, lol.

Anyhow, for those that enjoyed it, thanks. For those that didn't, lighten up :)

Remember: "He that eats prunes, sits on throne for many moons".

Ha. I'm going to use that one!

I just finished reading that for the second time, and on my first cruise no less. If Carnival had succeeded in purchasing the then-fledgling Royal Caribbean, I wonder what other line might have rose to power?

Royal is the older company. It was no fledgling when Carnival tried to purchase them. The only reason that attempt had any traction is because two of the three owners wanted out of the cruise business.

Really? why is that even on this board?

Got to love the unsolicited volunteer moderators:p It does make for an interesting question. I knew someone who throw out US anti-trust laws, not sure that applies or not. Off to read the other replies as I'm interested in the topic even if this guy isn't.