How many cruises did it take you to reach platinum?

jmele999

I've been platinum for 13 years (looked up numbers) when it took 14 cruises. At that time, I frequently was the only one on board and used to get invites from the cpt and "gifts" etc. Now it is nothing special with a LOT of platinum cruisers on board. My current list has me at sailing 44 cruises with NCL, but 97 overall. :) I cruise for where they take me, at this point, and delight in the value of meals lodging and transportation all in one. :)

Happy sailing everyone!!!!

I will "turn" platinum on this coming cruise, which will be my 8th. Everything from OV to Haven. My only complaint is that for 5 of these cruises I have been a solo cruiser, paying double for my balcony, and only getting 7 points (and I think I should have gotten double points for my double payment -- but that's not the way it works!).

I think I should have gotten double points for my double payment

Clearly a very good valid point !

If you share a cabin you both get points - they are not split up or divided.

I will "turn" platinum on this coming cruise

This is another flawed issue turning into a higher patron category in

mid cruise giving you no recognition at the moment of the event.

Instead you have to wait till your next cruise for the red carpet - although

I have read of folks getting perks mid-cruise when in a suite with an attentive

butler or concierge hearing/noticing the accumulated cruise credits.

If your patronage is truly appreciated reward it first thing when it becomes

just that.

It will take me one more cruise for a total of seven to get to platinum.now that I always have a cruise reward in the bank,I find it easier to plan and book farther in advance.my cruises have all been seven day sailings.

I will be platinum after (or possibly during) next summer's cruise on the Pearl. I've sailed NCL four times, three of which were booked over nine months in advance, and in suites.

P.S. In response to this thread's tidbits regarding a class system etc. ..... I think that everyone who is able to and does go on a cruise regardless of how is a very lucky person!! No matter their point status', stateroom or anything else! :) I am forever thankful for the luxury of cruising! :)

Two, under the old system. On our second cruise on of the perqs of the future cruise credit, in addition to the obc, was platinum for the remainder of the cruise. As luck would have it they never removed it from DW's Latitudes account. :) I finally caught up to her when the switched to the new system. I think I had seven cruises at the time.