Booking 15 months in advance

TD & SD

We are thinking of booking for January 2016. Is this silly? Should I wait and see if the price changes?, hopefully go down. lol Or if is something we definitely want, should we just do it? Any help is appreciated.:D

If you want a particular cabin/suite then by all means book now. You will be getting the extra latitude points (they will be doubled) if you book more than 9 months out.

You never know which way prices will go and if you're on the fence, why not wait til after final payment is due and see if you can get a cheaper price then. :D

We booked our December cruise 15 months out and paid the deposit. I used the NCL personal cruise consultant. I kept an eye out for price drops and there were 3. Each time I called the PCC and told them that the price dropped and they adjusted my fair accordingly.

We booked for a March 2016 cruise because we got a great deal on perks and wanted particular cabins side by side. The fish website shows we got it at the lowest rate and there have already been three increases since booking. I always say if you find a deal that's good jump on it and keep an eye out for sales and/or price drops until final payment.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

No reason to hesitate booking 15 months out or even more. We booked our British Isles cruise for Sept. 2015, in Dec. 2013, as soon as it was available for booking.

The prices have continued to rise since we booked. Our OV has gone up by $500/pp and the balconies and suites have risen even more. The TA that follows, has gone up as well but not quite as much. I'll keep on eye on prices and if they go down, I'll call and get an adjustment, no biggie.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

The only real down side to booking this far out is that it will tie up some of your cash -- the deposit. If you can handle not having that cash available to use on other things, then you might as well book the cruise. Up until the final payment is due (check the fine print if you're booking a suite), you can get them to adjust the price downward if the price of the cruise drops (be sure to check if you'll lose any on board credit (OBC) if you do this).

Booking in advance gets the cabin you want, a low price (in the case of our Hawaii cruise, the lowest past final payment), and double points to get to platinum standing. It is a great thing to do.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Just remember if you buy insurance and want the pre existing clause then you must buy it with 14 days of initial deposit

Should you cancel the cruise you are sol

Should you change the date if cruise the insurance companies usually allow one date adjustment

So if you are a large family or the cruise is expensive and you are in the habit of buying pre existing insurance you could lose the money for the premium

Of course if you buy from the ship that may not be the case but I don't know as I always buy from 3 rd party insurers

Also it seems as though with this current Ncl promo that prices are at their highest. Of course when they go back down to normal you can adjust and even losing the 10% Obc won't make a difference. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

We are thinking of booking for January 2016. Is this silly? Should I wait and see if the price changes?, hopefully go down. lol Or if is something we definitely want, should we just do it? Any help is appreciated.:D

Prices will definitely go down when the current promo is over.

Just remember if you buy insurance and want the pre existing clause then you must buy it with 14 days of initial deposit

Should you cancel the cruise you are sol

Should you change the date if cruise the insurance companies usually allow one date adjustment

So if you are a large family or the cruise is expensive and you are in the habit of buying pre existing insurance you could lose the money for the premium

Of course if you buy from the ship that may not be the case but I don't know as I always buy from 3 rd party insurers

Also it seems as though with this current Ncl promo that prices are at their highest. Of course when they go back down to normal you can adjust and even losing the 10% Obc won't make a difference. Lol

Actually the insurance company I use allows me to modify the policy for a different trip up to one year so you don't really lose the insurance money if you decide to cancel I was book the second my itinerary opens up our Baltics cruise is gone up more than $1000 a person already I'm anxiously awaiting 2016 Summer Europe to open

Actually the insurance company I use allows me to modify the policy for a different trip up to one year so you don't really lose the insurance money if you decide to cancel I was book the second my itinerary opens up our Baltics cruise is gone up more than $1000 a person already I'm anxiously awaiting 2016 Summer Europe to open

Yes I posted that insurance companies do allow a change

But if you cancel a cruise after you buy the insurance and are not willing or able to rebook with a year you do lose the premium

Didn't the op say 15 months out?

It's just something to consider if pre existing conditions are an issue

Heck you can buy insurance 48 hours before sailing if one chooses