Wine Corkage Fee

eastpass

If you carry on 2 bottles of wine & drink in stateroom do you still pay $25 corkage fee? Thanks

No corkage if you drink in your room. You can even pour a glass of wine in your room and take it to dinner. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

We take along our own corkscrew and open the wine in our room. Never had a problem.

Corkage fee has nothing to do with a corkscrew or who opens the bottle. It is a fee charged if one brings their own wine into an establishment that normally sells the wine served there.

If you borrow a corkscrew from the ship to open wine in your cabin there is still no corkage fee. And if you bring your own cork screw into the dining room to open your own wine (or even if you bring it in already opened) then there still is a corkage fee.

Several days ago a number of the major travel web blogs made note that

Royal Caribbean was eliminating corkage fees as they were too much trouble to account for and in a lot of cases not charged.

Any updates from Celebrity? Same corporation.

I had read about the corkage fee going away here on the weekend . Someone alluded here to the news being posted on the "book of faces". I checked the page for X and RCCL and did not see that info anywhere.

Oh well, keep giving me a drink package, and I don't need to bring my own wine. Last cruise, I ended up with a ridiculous bill when the cab driver could not find the plaza with the total wine near Everglades. In frustration and watching my cab fare grow, I ended running into the kmart. and grabbed 4 bottles that were recognizable, then got stuck in the slowest cash line on earth. I can't remember now what my cab fare, was but it haunted me all cruise .... I could have bought much better wine on the ship for what I paid in cab fare.

Edited by Queen of Oakville

I had read about the corkage fee going away here on the weekend . Someone alluded here to the news being posted on the "book of faces". I checked the page for X and RCCL and did not see that info anywhere.

Oh well, keep giving me a drink package, and I don't need to bring my own wine. Last cruise, I ended up with a ridiculous bill when the cab driver could not find the plaza with the total wine near Everglades. In frustration and watching my cab fare grow, I ended running into the kmart. and grabbed 4 bottles that were recognizable, then got stuck in the slowest cash line on earth. I can't remember now what my cab fare, was but it haunted me all cruise .... I could have bought much better wine on the ship for what I paid in cab fare.

I followed this discussion extensively yesterday...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2115096

Here is the actual Quote from a Celebrity Rep on their facebook Pg that confirms the change in policy (in writing):

REPLY to a Question about Corkage Fees disappearing:

Royal Caribbean International - There won’t be a corkage fee for guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne on board only on boarding day. They will be limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. No beer or hard liquor may be brought on board for consumption. The corkage fee was a very recent change and the website will be updated shortly.

[/Quote]

No word WHEN or IF this will becoming to Celebrity as well

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB