2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

You would not need to restrict travel from every country, just restrict entry from people who have been to the three affected countries, which would be easy to monitor by simply reviewing the passports of people entering the country (regardless of from what country they are flying in from). There may be good reasons for not imposing a travel ban from the countries affected, but I do not see why it would be so difficult to implement.

Travel bans don't. Even Americans circumvent to visit Cuba.

Wonder if they will warn the next passengers who are in that room or the rooms around it...

What are they going to warn them about? They going to say there were 2 people in the cabin, no one got sick, no body has ebola, we cleaned it good for no reason other then it would make you feel better, no germs were killed because there were none. It doesn't get any dumber then that.

Wow! Pass judgment much? The truth is, you made a lot of assumptions about the actions of the lab worker when none of us know what her possible disease exposure was, what she was told, or when she understood that she should probably stay home.

I think Carnival's response to something out of their control has been incredible. As for the rest of it, let's not condemn someone before all the facts have come to light. IMO, the CDC and the folks at Texas Presbyterian are AT LEAST as much at fault as the passenger. While I question the thought process of the lab worker moving forward with her plans, I have grave concerns about the people charged with the health and safety of our country. If they hadn't made numerous missteps since the latest outbreak started, this thread wouldn't exist.

Again, it was the changing of the CDC's rules that changed this woman's status from no problem to low risk.

What are they going to warn them about? They going to say there were 2 people in the cabin, no one got sick, no body has ebola, we cleaned it good for no reason other then it would make you feel better, no germs were killed because there were none. It doesn't get any dumber then that.

You have to be kidding, "we cleaned it for no good reason" are you freaking serious? I would say they cleaned it for one heck of a good reason!

Well that's good to know. Where did you hear this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Read the news. It's being reported on all outlets--from CNN to FOX to the Washington Post--that she "may have handled the vials" and "it's possible she was never handled any of them."

They have also said that there was no breach within the lab environment, so there is no reason to believe anyone in the lab had been exposed.

You would not need to restrict travel from every country, just restrict entry from people who have been to the three affected countries, which would be easy to monitor by simply reviewing the passports of people entering the country (regardless of from what country they are flying in from).

Reviewing the passport is not that simple.

Entry and exit stamps are in no particular order, so every page must be carefully examined. (My passport, for example, has stamps on 23 pages, with up to 5 stamps on a page).

In addition, the stamps are not always well inked and can be difficult to read the date or even what country.

Also, the stamps do not tell the entire story as a stamp is not always needed. I could have entered the EU in France and exited from Italy. There would be no indication in the passport if I had been in Spain where some people are being treated for Ebola. (The list of restricted countries could easily expand.)

My understanding is that very little virus (and antibody) is detectable when someone is asymptomatic so doing s blood test on her might not show anything.

Disclosure: I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV.

At 21 post exposure (if she was even exposed) she would either have symptoms and/or test positive, or not have the disease.

Yes I read that as well. Wasn't that one of the reasons they were saying its actually closer to 42 days and not 21?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No, it's 21. No one has ever said 42. This particular strain has been showing symptoms within 7-10, by the way.

Travel bans don't. Even Americans circumvent to visit Cuba.

You don't even need to circumvent. There are plenty of completely legal ways that John Q American Public can visit Cuba. We are considering going in 2016.

I don't remember the source, but I remember reading that that stateroom will not be used at least the next cruise.

And buildings don't have a 13th floor button in the elevator. It doesn't mean there was ever a problem with a 13th floor, it's done purely to assuage those with irrational fears.

I read it too. But I don't think the whole cabin needs to be torn up and carpet replaced like one poster thinks.

I'm the person who posted that, and IF in the ultra rare possibility she has Ebola, then yes, I believe the cabin needs to be gutted. If not I still think they should remove and replace all soft goods in order to calm the frayed nerves of some obviously irrational people.

yall stop...at the end of the day i will revert back to the work of someone in a lab. luvthe ships. do you think this supervisor picked up a vial of a sample unprotected and even worse opened it. be real here ok..thats all i ask. dont continue to diminish the safety and protocol: used in infectious disease labs of hospitals or research labs

thanks

lets move on to another topic:cool:

Actually it does. It tells us that she might have handled a vial. That doesn't mean she has Ebola. All indicators are that she doesn't, and a bunch of people have their panties wadded over nothing.

I was the one who posted the 42-day incubation period on the other Ebola thread along with the link to the study. However, you can go to the link below and get the same info along with links. It actually came out of a WHO recent study.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/10/new-report-clearly-shows-42-day-incubation-period-ebola-21/

She is asymptomatic 20+ days after a "possible" exposure. They aren't even sure she was anywhere near the samples.

The hysteria is baffling.

Agreed! Cautious is one thing...hysteria is another. :/

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by happy cruzin

I am glad none of yall are in decision making positions. you take paranoia to new levels. im much more concerned about getting the flu then i ever will be about ebola. i sale on 10/26 and certainly hope they cancel our cruise and i work there every sunday and plan on being just as upbeat and positive as i always am...

my glass is half full and apparantly some of yalls are half empty and nothing anyone can do or say will change that...wishing you peace and good health and

enjoy your fears