2 possible EBOLA patients on MAGIC

dramaqueenjan

Right, who knows, I'm just saying, she's probably not the villain that some might think....and the odds of her having contracted the virus are very slim.

Not saying it is not something of concern, to be sure, but the blame is not with her. The only possible way she could have gotten it was to handle the specimen, somehow manage to get the blood on her, touch that place, then touch her mucous membranes or open skin. And I'm telling you, this is a very remote possibility in a lab setting. She just didn't feel like she was a threat.

I really hope people don't turn her into a criminal based on misinformation and the Ebola hype. The way that facts are currently released, she was unaware of her being at risk till after she boarded the ship. Blame must be put on the higher ups who issued a self monitor period retroactively after he boarded the ship.

Hopefully she tests negative and everyone is okay in this case.

Personally, I have a transatlantic cruise coming up and am kinda freaked about about mixing cruise ships with thousands of people stuck in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with contagious diseases.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Found this posted online on MSN about midnight (MT.)

GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — A blood sample taken from a Dallas health care worker who is aboard a cruise ship and being monitored for signs of Ebola was retrieved by the Coast Guard, officials said early Sunday.

Petty Officer Andy Kendrick told The Associated Press that a Coast Guard crew flew in a helicopter Saturday to meet the Carnival Magic and lowered a basket of supplies. The woman provided a blood sample, which was taken to a state lab in Austin for processing.

Kendrick had no further details about how the sample was taken. He said the decision to take the sample was made in coordination with the federal, state and local health authorities.

From John Heald's blog:

In the taxi heading to Los Miamio Airporto and wanted to share this.

Hello John

Guests are really happy and very pleased with their on board credit. I have arranged lots of sea day activities and events and lots of fun.

... Thanks

James.

Cruise Director

Carnival Magic.

I was watching the Galveston Port web cam early this morning. It looks like the quarantined couple and their luggage were taken off as soon as the Carnival Magic docked. There were three cars and a lot of people waiting for them as they disembarked.

Thanks...finally got the webcam to load.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

From John Heald's blog:

In the taxi heading to Los Miamio Airporto and wanted to share this.

Hello John

Guests are really happy and very pleased with their on board credit. I have arranged lots of sea day activities and events and lots of fun.

... Thanks

James.

Cruise Director

Carnival Magic.

Does this mean they are not going to disembark today :eek:

I was watching the Galveston Port web cam early this morning. It looks like the quarantined couple and their luggage were taken off as soon as the Carnival Magic docked. There were three cars and a lot of people waiting for them as they disembarked.

My parents are on that ship....can you tell from the web cam if the people that disembarked were wearing any sort of protective clothing? Clearly, we are hopeful for a normal disembark process for all of the passengers but I'm a little nervous.

Well, that sure ruins media coverage:)

My parents are on that ship....can you tell from the web cam if the people that disembarked were wearing any sort of protective clothing? Clearly, we are hopeful for a normal disembark process for all of the passengers but I'm a little nervous.

As far as I could see there was no protective clothing being worn by anyone. I really think your parents will have a normal disembarkation process.

Story was on the news. Wonder why the lights aren't working on the AGIC part of the CARNIVAL MAGIC sign.

Nothing new, only that no one has debarked yet, which is not odd. Docked at 5AM.

I was watching the Galveston Web Cam early this morning. As soon as the gang plank came down two people disembarked with luggage. There were three cars and a lot of people waiting.

I also completely sympathise with Belize's stance on this. They simply don't have the resources to deal with the risk and they need to think of their own people first. I would hope my own country would do the same.

Yea don't hold your breath with that one. Sorry to hear all these folks missed out on part of their cruise and hope all is well.

Oh and as for hearing about it and coming forward I'm confused. If she didn't know, why was she self monitoring for symptoms :confused:

Edited by latebloomer56
spelling

Yea don't hold your breath with that one. Sorry to hear all these folks missed out on part of their cruise and hope all is well.

Oh and as for hearing about it and coming forward I'm confused. If she didn't know, why was she self monitoring for symptoms :confused:

I understood the CDC tracked her down, notified the ship, they notified her.

I really hope people don't turn her into a criminal based on misinformation and the Ebola hype. The way that facts are currently released, she was unaware of her being at risk till after she boarded the ship. Blame must be put on the higher ups who issued a self monitor period retroactively after he boarded the ship.

Hopefully she tests negative and everyone is okay in this case.

Personally, I have a transatlantic cruise coming up and am kinda freaked about about mixing cruise ships with thousands of people stuck in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with contagious diseases.

The only actions that border on criminal as we know them would be the person responsible for infectious disease control at the hospital and perhaps the attending who sent Duncan home the first time. At the least it seems the former completely lost control of the situation under his jurisdiction and the latter is guilty of malpractice.

The Dallas Newscaster that was onboard just tweeted that the announcement was made on ship that blood work was negative and they are going to start disembarkation :)

Eric Lupher ‏@EricLupher7News 7m7 minutes ago

Captain gives the all clear. Passenger's blood came back negative for #ebola

The Dallas Newscaster that was onboard just tweeted that the announcement was made on ship that blood work was negative and they are going to start disembarkation :)

Of course it did. :)

Wonderful news!!!!!

Interesting though is that they had to make the announcement before they could get them all off

Good thing they got her blood air lifted. That was the smartest thing they could do under the circumstances.

I always felt they would not debark until negative results were confirmed

Just imagine if it weren't negative.

Again this is great news. Lets all remember though that this thing is not over yet

The nurses and the photographer need to be ok too

Duncan's family needs to survive as well

Lets hope this was just a wake up call and doesn't happen again.

Edited by luvtheships

Wonderful news!!!!!

Interesting though is that they had to make the announcement before they could get them all off

Just imagine if it weren't negative.

Again this is great news.

Don't you think it was a worthy announcement to make to thousands of people at once?

Don't you think it was a worthy announcement to make to thousands of people at once?

What are you trying to say?

My point and you know this is simply they weren't letting those pax off until negative results were announced

Doubtful they would have debarked had it been positive.

Edited by luvtheships