Voyager of the Seas Dry Dock 2014

talako

Hi Miamia65,

I am the Head Broadcast Technician on board the Voyager, so I am in charge of all the TV Satellites, Wayfinders, Pool Video Wall, etc... Basically if it has video involved, then I am involved. :)

Also, yes it is true...all the staterooms get new carpets, drapes, decorations, mattresses, etc.. Everything gets redone. This is the longest and largest Dry Dock that Royal Caribbean has ever done.

Hi Talako

What an awesome job, we will be sure to track you down on the ship especially if something isn't working hahahahahaha, jokes of course!

Great updates and we look forward to more photos.

Wow! She was amazing prior to dry dock. Can only imagine how good she will be after.

Must start saving for another cruise on her.

Australia needs to keep this ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi Miamia65,

I am the Head Broadcast Technician on board the Voyager, so I am in charge of all the TV Satellites, Wayfinders, Pool Video Wall, etc... Basically if it has video involved, then I am involved. :)

Also, yes it is true...all the staterooms get new carpets, drapes, decorations, mattresses, etc.. Everything gets redone. This is the longest and largest Dry Dock that Royal Caribbean has ever done.

Thank you for the updates.

So glad I am booked on her for NYE. Cannot wait.

Thank you for the pics. They are amazing!

What category are these new cabins? Have they been sold for this cruise?

Hi,

In total, there are 110 new cabins being installed. Catagories M, N, Q, & I.

24 Panoramic staterooms on Deck 12 and the rest in former venues like the old Vault Disco that has been torn out on Deck 3.

There will also be 81 virtual balconies installed in inside cabins.

All those mods Sounds fantastic talako

so your the guy who sits in that glassed in booth with all the monitors I think it's near studio b?

Hi David,

Yes that's me and my team (we call it the "Fish Bowl" for obvious reasons. However that glass booth will be covered up and you wont be able to see us anymore :D

Talako, is the Tavern going to replace the Aquarium bar? I really liked sitting there, it was nice and open.

Yes the Tavern is a new concept for Royal. Voyager is the only ship that will have it for now. It will be a multipurpose lounge with TVs for Sports, Dart Boards, etc.

The new Art Gallery will be on the opposite side of what also was part of the Aquarium Bar.

Hi All,

I have been asked to no longer post photos and updates. Sorry about that. :(

Thats a shame, we were really enjoying them, now we will just have to wait until we are on her, thankyou so much for giving us a little preview of the renovations

Cheers

Mechel