Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Can anyone tell me what the meet and mingle free gift was? I hope it was something new and not that note pad that hangs around your neck. Sailing on the Inaugural Nov 23rd and December 1st. Looking forward to a M&M on the Quantum and meeting everyone (in some case again for old friends that are also aboard).

Take care...

Irene and Miles

Can anyone tell me what the meet and mingle free gift was? I hope it was something new and not that note pad that hangs around your neck. Sailing on the Inaugural Nov 23rd and December 1st. Looking forward to a M&M on the Quantum and meeting everyone (in some case again for old friends that are also aboard).

Take care...

Irene and Miles

Yes Irene it was the same old note pad that you hang around your neck.

Although at our M&M there were also some other free gifts, a Quantum lanyard with plastic holder for sea pass card, a picture and a bandana, I heard someone mention Park West so I am not sure if they gave the picture and the other gifts were from RCCL.

I was rather busy at the time so didn't manage to catch what was said about who the gifts were from. Also I didn't get the gifts but later someone kind folks from the roll call gave me the lanyard and bandana. :D

We turned platinum after our last cruise and they decided to reward us on the quantum, we got a lapel pin and 2 platinum lanyards, which were really handy on a ship that was promoting the fact you didn't need to use the sea pass card anymore and to use the wrist band:rolleyes:

Whatever you do do not punch a hole in your sea pass card to hang on your lanyard...because that will stop the card from working :eek:

Do they have new cards? There will be some unhappy people. I never use a lanyard myself (I wore one for years on the job and refuse to in retirement :D), but a lot of people do.

Do they have new cards? There will be some unhappy people. I never use a lanyard myself (I wore one for years on the job and refuse to in retirement :D), but a lot of people do.

The sea pass cards on Quantum have a chip in them...so no barcode on the back of them so if you punch a whole in the card it will most likely go through the chip in it. Guest Services warned me not to attempt punching a hole in my card.

I & others just wore our lanyards without the card on them (the lanyards had been part of the Critters Project 2014) and we added our Quantum pins to the lanyard to weigh it down a bittie.

Yes Irene it was the same old note pad that you hang around your neck.

Although at our M&M there were also some other free gifts, a Quantum lanyard with plastic holder for sea pass card, a picture and a bandana, I heard someone mention Park West so I am not sure if they gave the picture and the other gifts were from RCCL.

I was rather busy at the time so didn't manage to catch what was said about who the gifts were from. Also I didn't get the gifts but later someone kind folks from the roll call gave me the lanyard and bandana. :D

So everyone got one of these at Meet and Mingle? Did everyone get one in their stateroom, too? Thanks.

66f19ebf0eabfb9949f1bb38e3c573d6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkf

Edited by internetwhiz

We will be traveling with another couple and we were unable to get the same times for dinner. If we show up at our time; will they seat the other couple with us????

Helen

Probably, but I'd still try to get the times changed once you are onboard.

Edited by clarea

?Just wondering if anyone noticed the brand of tea they had on board. RCCL used to have Lipton, but the last time we sailed they just had the specialty teas. Maybe I should bring my own?

Royal offers an organic brand of tea called First Tea. I found it to have a very weak flavor. I usually bring my own.

I have been bringing my own ever since they started running out of regular tea half way through the trip. I also bring my own sweetener because they do not have the one that I use (Ideal).

These do not take up much space......so no problem.

I have been bringing my own ever since they started running out of regular tea half way through the trip. I also bring my own sweetener because they do not have the one that I use (Ideal).

These do not take up much space......so no problem.

We have packed our own tea for years. Doesn't weigh anything and we always have exactly what we want.