Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

Thanks so much Hoopster95 I have subscribed to the thread you linked to above. So far it's kind of what I thought. I listened to the Dining Google hangout a few months ago and even Adam Goldstein saw no issues here when Emmy asked basically this same question. I have only ever had to talk to the maitre D once before (when I wanted off of an undesirable table). I had a dream/high school dance flashback about the "Pick a Solo cruiser tablemate room". 😞

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I would like to have pictures of the single rooms. My sister has one in Jan. sailing. I am

afraid it will be a closet.

Pictures of the track. Is it sorta separated from the public . Meaning only runners and walkers will be allowed on it. Or will we have to keep dodging in and out .

I would like to have pictures of the single rooms. My sister has one in Jan. sailing. I am

afraid it will be a closet .

Lloyd is staying in one on this sailing so you know there will be pictures!!! :D:D:D

Tracy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

afraid it will be a closet.

Pictures of the track. Is it sorta separated from the public . Meaning only runners and walkers will be allowed on it. Or will we have to keep dodging in and out .

Aerial pictures of the ship show the track is pretty much the same as on any other ship going through the area for deck chairs above the pool deck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Hello everyone! We are the Quantum Live Reporters who will be on the Maiden Transatlantic Voyage from Southampton, England to Cape Liberty, NJ on Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas (November 2 through November 10). Hard to believe that we’ll be on this beautiful new ship in just TWO WEEKS! We will use this thread as our Live Reporting thread, so please subscribe to it.

We know that new ships cause a flurry of excitement, and we’re so happy to be some of the first passengers to share all that Quantum of the Seas has to offer. We assembled from our Roll Call because we knew that it would take a small army to cover all that is Quantum of the Seas. We will take a lot of photos, and if you’re on our sailing, and would like to join us, just post to our Roll Call, and we’ll be in touch.

Leading up to our November 2 voyage, we will be counting down toward our cruise date by posting recaps on the many exciting WOWs that Quantum of the Seas as to offer, and also we’ll share more about us as we all bring a little different perspective to how we each approach cruising.

Our Roll Call also has 12 events planned over the eight day sailing, including a Flash Mob proposal, a Bumper Car launch and a Masquerade Dinner at The Grande. We’re going to have a lot of fun!

We look forward to your comments, questions and feedback to make this the BEST Live Report on Cruise Critic yet!

Quantum Live Reporters

jv_nyc (Joanna)

Clansman37 (Dan)

Dancinman66 (Greg)

David4 (David)

Emmad1973 (Emma)

HandE (Elayne)

Jasoncruising1976 (Jason)

queenL (Lateefah)

Rollover (Karen)

SkyKingBNA (Tracy)

TravelinGert (Gertie)

PS: Quantum Fun Fact: The class of ships was code-named “Sunshine.”

Please advise how ot subscribe

Thank you Quantum Live Reporters! I have really enjoyed following the building of awesome Quantum, and can't wait to see and learn more! One of my best friends and her DH are on the 11/2 sailing. The ship info and photos are the only thing presently getting her through a very stressful time at work- until they leave for London this week. I will be cruising vicariously through all of you! Bon Voyage! :cool:

Thanks everyone! Here's the list so far sorted by CC username - can't wait to be able to start answering questions!

• Bugsy4271 -Q- Would love to see pictures of a studio balcony if you can get some. I have one on my April 12th sailing and although I've seen a few preview photos on websites, it would be neat to see the "finished" product. -A- TBD
  • DKNYC -Q- I usually travel solo and was wondering how a solo showing up at a DD complementary restaurant would be seated. I assume I would be asked if I wanted to share a table or prefer to eat alone. -A- TBD
  • gumbocc1009 -Q- Robotic Bartenders - how do they know the requestor is of drinking age? -A- TBD
  • gumbocc1009 -Q- Circus School - how to sign up? -A- TBD
  • gumbocc1009 -Q- Menus - Do the complementary restaurants have any "specials" or is it the same (posted) menu every night? Is there a generic "available everywhere" menu? What's on the kids menu (or does it vary by dining room)? -A- TBD
  • gumbocc1009 -Q- Michael's Pub Pricing - Am hoping to get an idea of the a la carte pricing at the Pub (for food and for beer). -A- TBD
  • "iceburg1 -Q- I would like to know the schedule for seaplex and especially the open times for bumper cars. I know that they have basketball, roller skating, circus training and bumper cars there and was wondering how much time they have for the bumper cars -A- TBD
  • iceburg1 -Q- Internet - are the speeds as fast as promised? -A- TBD
  • mikat77 -Q- any info about Adventure Ocean / activities / how they will deal with children checking in for dining now that there is no set dining time. -A- TBD
  • Nhsaltshaker -Q- New Room Service Menu -A- TBD
  • Offline -Q- Would you mind asking on Quantum what additional options are offered for vegetarians? -A- TBD
  • Offline -Q- Do the alternate menus as mentioned by Adam actually exist and if so what is on them. -A- TBD
  • Offline -Q- Can you substitute side dishes on the menu items. I often wind up asking for rice or a baked potato as a substitute to the starch offered with a lot of items in the MDR.. -A- TBD
  • Offline -Q- Do they operate North Star while at sea? -A- TBD
  • pmkejk -Q- Will you please check to see if the Diamond Plus coupon for buy one get one free for the first night can be used to dine in Wonderland. -A- TBD
  • pmkejk -Q- Will Diamond plus members be allowed in the concierge lounge (don't know if they are making changes to the policy on the Quantum. -A- TBD
  • Rocketlady -Q- I would like to have pictures of the single rooms. My sister has one in Jan. sailing. I am
  • afraid it will be a closet. -A- TBD
  • Rocketlady -Q- Pictures of the track. Is it sorta separated from the public . Meaning only runners and walkers will be allowed on it. Or will we have to keep dodging in and out . -A- TBD
  • SailingSiggy -Q- Like to know how they handle northstar. Do people sign up for a time slot, is it totally just a wait in line as the zipline on Oasis class? What type of hours of operation do they run northstar (day and night)? -A- TBD
  • TheresaN -Q- What about internet packages? -A- TBD
  • Treacher1 -Q- Superior Grand Suite on corner of hump facing - These cabins are on the front side of the hump - advertised as wrap around balconies with 2 sliding glass doors and a large port hole on side wall - pics seen so far show 2 dividers at corner which totally block view - if possible see if these dividers are removed so it is a full wrap around? -A- TBD

Hi

We are going on "Anthem in June

We would like to know the cost and availability of extra Ripcord sessions and if there is more than one free turn on a 14 day voyage. We would also like to know if you can "give " your session to another person in your cabin if you are less adventurous.

Would also LOVE to see photos of the Restricted view Balcony cabins.

Have a wonderful trip.

Jennie

My son and i are getting excited now.We fly out to paris on Tuesday and are touring Paris and England pre Quantum . we will post a few photos .

:)

We are flying out Wednesday to London! We're planning out our days so we can do and see as much as possible! Have a wonderful time and we'll see you onboard!

Bon Voyage!

Elayne

Hi!

Thanks for doing this! - One thing that would be nice is that on your roll call list with your screen names and real names, if you would be willing to list your cabin category. That way, we would be able to address our requests for cabin info/pictures etc. to a specific poster or someone who has volunteered to handle that category.

Also, I'd like to find out where and when they are going to hold"Quest" , especially on longer (10, 11, 12) cruises.

Thanks again for all the "Work" you're going to be doing!

- Miriam ( 76 days away from my Quantum ! )

Another question for the live reporters: What about internet packages? :-)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums

.....and are the speeds as fast as promised?:)

I normally use (or attempt to use, in some cases) the ship's internet all over the ship when we cruise.

I write a travel blog, mostly as a journal to supplement my memory later but also for friends and family to know we're doing okay and what we're up to.

So these questions are of particular interest to me, as well, and I'll definitely be reporting on it! :)

Elayne

I'm wondering how hard it will be to change dinner reservations. We have ended up with lots of late times and were told "You can change it on board." Hmm..... wondering about that. I also would like to know if we are asked if we would like to share a table. We really want to eat with other people. We really enjoy making new friends which is one reason we aren't sure we are going to like dynamic dining. Thank you so much, Judy

Hi All - here's a link to the Google sheet where I'm capturing your questions and our responses. I'll continue to copy and paste the combined Q&A column to this thread so that all readers are notified as questions are answered and not have to read the sheet. I'm just using the sheet to keep us organized.

Google Sheet

On the second tab, there's a sheet in progress of who's reporting on what. :)

Thanks,

Joanna

We are also in a Superior Grand Suite and would like to know the following:

• I know we have to option for in-room dining - what menu(s) were you able to utilize and were they full sized dining room menus
  • What options were available on boarding day for lunch - were you able to eat in Coastal Kitchen
  • On the Explorer we were able to get our food at breakfast & lunch from the Windjammer & then go sit in Portofino's to get away from the crowds - was there a similar option available

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by pkexton