Quantum of the Seas - Maiden Transatlantic Voyage - Nov 2-10, 2014 - Live Report

jv_nyc

One question in the list is concerning prices in Michael's Pub. Am I wrong or is the menu already out?

I saved this information:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9683392/MGP/MGP_Menu_Front%20%26%20Back_8.5%20by%2011.pdf

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Forums

Great!! Thanks! One question from Gumbocc1009 is answered! :)

As of 27 October 2014, 368 guests have signed up for the Royal Caribbean Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle for the Quantum Of The Seas sailing on 02-Nov-2014.

Registration closes in a couple of days so if there is anyone who has not yet registered for the M&M and wishes to attend please register asap.

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccSearch.do

We still do not know when/where the M&M will take place.

Xplora are unable to confirm these details yet.

Appreciated you guys doing this

Could I add a question w.r.t the OS located on the hump Deck 12

(12634 or 12234)

Is the divider between OS and the 3 room block configured (JS/S1/D4) frosted and gives full privacy on the balcony

Thanks

Graham

Edited by PompeySailor

Thanks everyone! Here's the list so far sorted by CC username - can't wait to be able to start answering questions!

[*]Rocketlady -Q- I would like to have pictures of the single rooms. My sister has one in Jan. sailing. I am afraid it will be a closet. -A- TBD

I'd like to see real life pics also. This can help you for now:

staterooms-overhead_zps695300f9.jpg

SI cabin is the bottom right corner as part of the family "cluster". The size/layout reminds me of the interiors on the Majesty. The door out to the hallway at the right is also accessed by the JS so I have no clue how room keys will work... we'll find out on board!

I don't think this question has been asked yet :)

We will need to insert our seapass card in a slot to turn the lights on in the cabin, can anyone verify that another card with a bar on the back will work or even an old seapass card?

Thank you!

Donna

Unless they get super fancy with it, the card won't even need the strip on the back. The sensor just looks for something inserting into the slot.

Unless they get super fancy with it, the card won't even need the strip on the back. The sensor just looks for something inserting into the slot.

Unless RCI is using some different sensor or technology than other ships or hotels currently employing them. So I think the question is still valid.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Edited by SailingSiggy

Did not see it on the sheet so wanted to ask if anyone is in an obstructed view balcony or if someone could get pictures of a 50% obstructed versus a 75% obstructed (or just cabin 6570 in a perfect world lol ) Thank you so much for all the answers your getting!

Thanks for helping out the rest of us with current --and valid-- information on this new ship! We have sailed before with captain Liz and the International Critters, so we know what a fun group that is!! We are sailing on leg 2 of the slow boat to China (Barcelona to Dubai ) for 16 days.

Question 1

We are in DO 6272 and we think the 50% obstruction might be the arm holding the lifeboats. If anyone gets a chance to see that cabin and/or the view from it, we would really appreciate the information and/or picture.

Question 2

Since our sailing will be 16 days long, will we be allowed 2 turns on the activities that normally are only allowed one time per cruise? Like North Star and Rip Cord?

Thank you again !

Sheri and Stan (aka Santa)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would like to know if you can text via the Royal iQ app for free or do you need to have an Internet package. When we sailed on the Oasis years ago we rented the iPhone and was able to text via ship's Wi-Fi. This was a great alternative to walkie talkies. Also would like to know what the Gatsby event was like. How do they handle reserving time on the North Star and how long the experience lasts. Thanks for posting. My family is sailing Jan 3.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by JCity156

I would like to know how the check in process will go? Will it be as advertised? How easy will it be to track your luggage? Were the Seapass cards waiting on your cabin door when you got there? For those that got the wristbands, were they in your cabin when you got there? Did they only come in one color or multiple colors? Did it have you C&A status on them? How well did they work? Looking forward to the answers to these and some of the other questions.

No questions! I think she will be been and gone before I can make time to sail her;) But I'm curious, interested and subscribing! I love the idea that you are all contributing to one thread, I found following the Oasis post dry docks threads made my eyeballs bleed, this is a great idea!! :D

Have a super cruise everyone!