flowers for stateroom

Has anyone ordered flowers online before the cruise to be delivered to their stateroom? They are available thru the cruise planner under gifts & gear. I was just wondering if they are fresh & will last the whole week. This will be our 40th anniversary cruise and was thinking about doing this.

We have in the past. We never had any issues with the arrangements lasting (in fact, it was disappointing that we couldn't carry them off with us at the end of the cruise). I believe that since RCL eliminated their onboard florists about a year ago, arrangements are now prepared by a local (i.e. FTD-type) florist and delivered to the ship on sail away day.

We have ordered flowers several times. We have only been disappointed one time. The cruise line refunded our money that one time!

We always order 1 dozen roses. We have had yellow and red. They have lasted the week and most recently lasted closer to 10 days.

We miss the flower cart that used to be onboard every ship. But, We would not hesitate ordering via gifts and gear.

Don't think about....do it!

My husband ordered me roses for our 25th anniversary on the Allure a few weeks ago, They were in the cabin when we arrived , lasted all week and were beautiful. If we could have taken them home with us, I am sure that they would have lasted a few more days. So, order them, they are a nice addition to your cabin

Absolutely order them. We have done it multitude times. And as was said above, they will last for any cruise up to about 10 days. Oh, how I hate to leave them behind. And they do dress up the cabin!

Kathie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have also ordered them many times and they were great. However, I would personally order them by phone rather than online. Once when we got to the room, the flowers were not anything like what I had ordered (that was when they still had the flower cart and the corrected the problem promptly). Another time, they could not find the order when I called to check. Just to be on the safe side, I would call. I will say that, like others have posted, the flowers do keep for an entire week and still look beautiful when you depart the ship. Too bad they can't be taken off.

Yes - My husband used to buy flowers from the cart on every cruise. Now that the carts are gone, he orders an arrangement from gifts and gear. He generally orders some sort of mixed arrangement and they are always lovely and last all cruise. We had one last for a B2B.

Congrats and enjoy

M

I order flowers every time. I always get 2 dozen red roses for my DW and a Tropical Arrangement for my DD's when they cruise with us. They have always lasted the length of the cruise, including the 9 night Explorer cruises. I have never had a problem.

Eric

We now order flowers through Gifts & Gear. We just had two tropical arrangements (some friends sent one) that lasted until the very last day of a 12-night cruise. Some of the flower were still fine, but the orchids and lilies had run their course.

We miss the flowers onboard, too, not just the cart but in the dining room, the CL, some of the lounges...

We miss the flowers onboard, too, not just the cart but in the dining room, the CL, some of the lounges...

Us too! A little touch - but made a big difference.

Celebrity still has flowers around the ship and in the dining room and some cabin choices like aqua class have small vases with flowers. Celebrity Elite passengers, receive a small bud vase the second or third day. There never was a cart on Celebrity ships ( at least since we've sailed Celebrity) but the arrangements that one orders are very nice.

I know it is all about the bottom line, but there are some touches that are really nice and give a ship an elegant feel.

M

Ordered the orchid arrangement for the first half of a B2B and just tropical for 2nd half. Orchids were still mostly intact through whole second cruise and tropical was just starting to fade after 7 days.

Us too! A little touch - but made a big difference.

Celebrity still has flowers around the ship and in the dining room and some cabin choices like aqua class have small vases with flowers. Celebrity Elite passengers, receive a small bud vase the second or third day. There never was a cart on Celebrity ships ( at least since we've sailed Celebrity) but the arrangements that one orders are very nice.

I know it is all about the bottom line, but there are some touches that are really nice and give a ship an elegant feel.

M

Such a loss not to have fresh flowers in the dining rooms... agreed, that little touch made a BIG difference.

My husband orders roses every time for me. They are beautiful, fresh, and full. There are been times I have asked the steward to leave them in the room fro the next passangers since they still looked fresh and I could not bring them home.