Chaos of the Seas--Wesbound TA

Could I ask, has anyone who has e mailed RCCL about their experiences of the Westbound TA on Oasis, received a reply other than the auto "we have received your mail and will reply within 28 days" ?

Thank you

Martyn

Sent a letter and same reply.

Could I ask, has anyone who has e mailed RCCL about their experiences of the Westbound TA on Oasis, received a reply other than the auto "we have received your mail and will reply within 28 days" ?

Thank you

Martyn

We actually old school mailed (certified - return receipt request as things tend to get "lost"). As for the loyalty part it was RCI's chance to steal us and not frighten us away. As I said before, it would not have taken a lot to fix things. It was the constant, "we don't care" that I felt from ship's middle management and officers.

Just curious ... How are people contacting Adam Goldstein?

He was onboard our "SHAKE DOWN CRUISE" before it left on the TA and he spent his time wandering around the ship looking bemused.

My husband tried to engage him with a bit of conversation but he just smiled wanly and continued on his wanderings, so good luck with your quest.

This is the full reply just received from RCCL:

Dear Valued Guest:

We understand how much our guests look forward to and invest in their vacation. I am so sorry there was some disappointed on your Oasis of the Seas cruise and we hope to regain your trust.

We never want our guests to go through any kind of difficulties during their time with us and we recognize how frustrating it must have been for you to encounter delays due to the additional mandatory customs inspections. We are sorry our efforts fell short and would like to apologize for the disappointment with the service provided.

Additionally, as part of our commitment to provide our guests with the best vacation facilities, we added several improvements to the Oasis of the Seas during her refurbishment. However, with so many changes being completed in a short span of time, there were unforeseen complications that arose. We apologize for any inconvenience these enhancements may have caused you.

To thank you for your understanding, we would like to provide you with a special discount for use on a future Royal Caribbean International sailing. The discount value will be 20% of the cruise fare paid for this sailing. You should receive your certificate in approximately 6 weeks. Please be guided by the offer instructions on the certificate when finalizing plans for your next cruise vacation.

Again, thank you for choosing to sail with Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International "

Any thoughts ?

This is the full reply just received from RCCL:

Dear Valued Guest:

We understand how much our guests look forward to and invest in their vacation. I am so sorry there was some disappointed on your Oasis of the Seas cruise and we hope to regain your trust.

We never want our guests to go through any kind of difficulties during their time with us and we recognize how frustrating it must have been for you to encounter delays due to the additional mandatory customs inspections. We are sorry our efforts fell short and would like to apologize for the disappointment with the service provided.

Wonder if we can apply it to cruises already booked but not yet paid for, or if it has to be a new booking?

Additionally, as part of our commitment to provide our guests with the best vacation facilities, we added several improvements to the Oasis of the Seas during her refurbishment. However, with so many changes being completed in a short span of time, there were unforeseen complications that arose. We apologize for any inconvenience these enhancements may have caused you.

To thank you for your understanding, we would like to provide you with a special discount for use on a future Royal Caribbean International sailing. The discount value will be 20% of the cruise fare paid for this sailing. You should receive your certificate in approximately 6 weeks. Please be guided by the offer instructions on the certificate when finalizing plans for your next cruise vacation.

Again, thank you for choosing to sail with Royal Caribbean International. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

Sincerely,

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International "

Any thoughts ?

I just got that too.

I'm guessing everyone is getting this, wether they complained or not.

They obviously have realised most of us weren't happy, so are compensating everyone.

I only emailed my complaint today. No way they'd respond that fast. I'm guessing this was coming anyway.

Don't know about you guys but I admire a company a lot more when they put their hands up and say ... 'You know what, we got it wrong' ... Good on em!

Wonder if it can be applied to cruises already booked but not yet paid for, or just new bookings?

Edited by royzer76
Added something

I just got that too.

I'm guessing everyone is getting this, wether they complained or not.

They obviously have realised most of us weren't happy, so are compensating everyone.

I only emailed my complaint today. No way they'd respond that fast. I'm guessing this was coming anyway.

Don't know about you guys but I admire a company a lot more when they put their hands up and say ... 'You know what, we got it wrong' ... Good on em!

Wonder if it can be applied to cruises already booked but not yet paid for, or just new bookings?

Enjoy the discount coupon you will receive on whatever cruise you take.

Enjoy the discount coupon you will receive on whatever cruise you take.

To thank you for your understanding, we would like to provide you with a special discount for use on a future Royal Caribbean International sailing. The discount value will be 20% of the cruise fare paid for this sailing. You should receive your certificate in approximately 6 weeks. Please be guided by the offer instructions on the certificate when finalizing plans for your next cruise vacation. This is the quote from the email. I'm sure there we be restrictions on how they can be used.

To thank you for your understanding, we would like to provide you with a special discount for use on a future Royal Caribbean International sailing. The discount value will be 20% of the cruise fare paid for this sailing. You should receive your certificate in approximately 6 weeks. Please be guided by the offer instructions on the certificate when finalizing plans for your next cruise vacation. This is the quote from the email. I'm sure there we be restrictions on how they can be used.

And there may be some restrictions on how they can be used --- everything in life comes with restrictions, even life itself. So enjoy it.

Yeah I'm expecting restrictions.

But still have my fingers crossed that I can use it against sailings we already have booked. We're booked on both Allure TA crossings. If not it had better extend into 2016 because 2015 is cruise full for us.

Edited by royzer76

Yeah I'm expecting restrictions.

But still have my fingers crossed that I can use it against either this sailing or the Allure TA in October 15 that we have booked also. If not it had better extend into 2016 because 2015 is cruise full for us.

I would not expect a refund on the cruise you have already taken, since it clearly said 'future Royal Caribbean sailing'.

Edited by Paulette3028

I would not expect a refund on the cruise you have already taken, since it clearly said 'future Royal Caribbean sailing'.

I haven't taken them, they are in 2015, that's in the future isn't? And they are only deposit paid at the minute. I can hope.

Ps .. I did edit my post, that may have caused the confusion. Thought I was posting on the roll call for my future cruise. Think your post and my edit may have crossed. :)

Edited by royzer76

I haven't taken them, they are in 2015, that's in the future isn't? And they are only deposit paid at the minute. I can hope.

Ps .. I did edit my post, that may have caused the confusion. Thought I was posting on the roll call for my future cruise. Think your post and my edit may have crossed. :)

Ah yes, the 'criss crossing posts' -- I understand better now.

I would hope that you can use them on a future cruise, that is not paid in full.

I have received a Future Cruise Credit twice from RCCL -- once for a cancelled Celebrity cruise, and once as an apology for some things that were wrong with our cabin on the Navigator. In both cases, I was able to apply the credit to a cruise I already had booked.

Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have received a Future Cruise Credit twice from RCCL -- once for a cancelled Celebrity cruise, and once as an apology for some things that were wrong with our cabin on the Navigator. In both cases, I was able to apply the credit to a cruise I already had booked.

Cindy

Same here- We got one and had no problem applying it to an already booked cruise.

Cindy

Same here- We got one and had no problem applying it to an already booked cruise.

Good - that gives us hope!

A load got off the oasis to jump on the quantum cruise credit jackpot.

Insidecabin, could you please explain what your statement means as I don't understand.

Thank you

Edited by mkh999
typo

Hello, we were on the Westbound too and were not "wowed" mostly because of the crowds all over the ship and several other issues like (dis)embarkation. If the weather had been better it probably would be a nicer cruise. Our stateroom attendant and waitstaff were fine. We were disapointed that Chefs Table was cancelled which was communicated two days before the cruise. We would get our money credited to our Seapass Account but we did not. I sent an email a week ago but no response. Maybe the wrong email adress. What email should I use to write about this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello, we were on the Westbound too and were not "wowed" mostly because of the crowds all over the ship and several other issues like (dis)embarkation. If the weather had been better it probably would be a nicer cruise. Our stateroom attendant and waitstaff were fine. We were disapointed that Chefs Table was cancelled which was communicated two days before the cruise. We would get our money credited to our Seapass Account but we did not. I sent an email a week ago but no response. Maybe the wrong email adress. What email should I use to write about this issue?

I'd call Corporate Guest Relations at (800) 256-6649. I talk with them after almost every cruise to remove an erroneous mini bar charge.

Cindy

That's good to hear. Fingers crossed that will be the case this time too. Thanks for the update.

I got a call from Norene in the RCI Executive Office yesterday. I had written a detailed letter to Adam Goldstein right after the cruise and emailed it to him.

It was a good conversation full of apologies, and assurances that Adam Goldstein and Richard Fain read all the letters and that is why they authorized the 20% discount. I got the impression that they did not fully understand or acknowledge the full degree of the problems, but it was nice anyway to get the call.

I asked for the reason that our 20% discount was less than the 25% discount and OBC on Quantum since it appeared that we had more issues. She could not explain that. In my opinion, it may be due to the fact that Lisa (VP Operations) was on Quantum and not Oasis to see the problems first hand, and they may be more concerned about the reputation of Quantum than Oasis.

For those of us who take a lot of TA cruises, this cruise was indeed a disappointment. From the embarkation issues in Rotterdam and Southampton, lack of communication and proactive actions by the ship, RCI decisions to put marketing (700 visitors in both Rotterdam and Southampton, and all those travel agents) ahead of paying passengers (we were told this by Bill Downey, Hotel Manager), a ridiculous 2 week partially completed refurbishment (admitted by Norene that this was a bad decision), CATS dominating the main theater for 12 days, only TA we experienced where there wasn't at least one different entertainment show every day ... we got the general feeling that the ship was just going through the motions and not doing anything special for a TA. It was also the highest price per night that we have paid for a TA even after the 20% discount (we boarded in Rotterdam).

We were happy to receive some acknowledgment by RCI but the 20% discount did not remove the bad taste from this cruise. However, we feel it was a unique situation and look forward to our next cruise on Radiance for 33 nights in Australia/NZ. Our faith in RCI has been damaged but not ruined.

Bill

Edited by BillandChristy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's too bad that you didn't get your refund for the Chef's Table cancellation while on the ship. Yes, the sheet of paper in the cabin definitely said that the refund would be applied to our Sea Pass account. I went to Guest Services and said that I wasn't going to get off the ship until I received my refund. Of course, this was about Day 4 or so. About 2 days later I received a call from Guest Services saying that they were making a HUGE exception for me and putting the refund on my Sea Pass account. I didn't bother to point out the facts, just said thank you and hung up.

I would definitely call the number that Clarea gave, or Crown and Anchor to get the ball rolling. I had to call C&A to have my point total corrected, they only gave me points as if I was on the 12-night sailing. It was fixed up right away. As well, they also added the points from the 5-night sailing...and that ended only a week ago.

I had prepaid 3 specialty dining reservations for the 5-night cruise and paid double due to the IT problems. I phoned on Nov 3rd, since I hadn't heard anymore about it (since the beginning of September). The gal phoned me back on the 5th, and said that my overcharge will be credited to my cc within 7 days. I don't have it yet, but am watching every day. That was through the Resolutions Dept.

Good Luck. Hope it all turns out with minimal hassle for you.

Joyce :D