Royal Carribean call centre - be very wary

Rassa

They may be courteous but totally incompetent OR Royal is trying to pull the wool over our eyes and offer us specials but charge us more to buy the cruise than is offered on line.

Excuse the long story.

Last Wednesday I decided to book a cruise because I received an email saying if I used my 'Next Cruise Reservation' (which I bought on board for $100) that I would get $200 cruise credit each for my next booking.

I am an online buying person and I like to be in control of all my bookings - cruise, flights everything.

Well the first phone call I was quoted $5600 for the cruise but the online booking said $4100 - goodbye Royal. So I rang another number hoping to get an Australian but I got Guatemala again. This time, I was told I could buy the cruise for $4100 and I agreed on that price - the bill came in and it was $5300 with no mention of my cruise credit. Another phone call next day and it was going to be rectified again but the bill came in at $4300 - but I only agreed to $4100. Another phone call and it was definitely going to be rectified to $4100 and I had to send them the email I got showing the $200 on board credit each. Once again the bill came back at $4300 and no mention of a cruise credit.

The next phone call I cancelled - I had no faith in them rectifying the booking and I lost the right to use my $100 deposit for a cruise booking. Each time I spoke to an agent, I went on line to ensure it was still $4100 (for 2 of us). But would you believe, twice the price on line came up as $3800 - wished I had jumped in then.

Well low and behold, I asked for an email address to complain and again the staff member courteous but incompetent gave me the wrong email address - the one to complain if you have already been on a cruise.

I have no faith in their call centre and even less so, their promises of specials or cruise credits if they are going to charge us more in the end for the cruise when we have to go via the call centre to get the special.

I am still interested in the cruise but I am hesitant because of their sneaky tactics. I now believe there is no point ringing up for a special or buying a cruise certificate on board.

I can buy the cruise from an on line USA agent I have used before for AUD$3900 with $50 cruise credit for both of us, but I am not confident the Aussie dollar is going to stay at 88 cents. I guess I could buy US dollars and leave in my account now - any suggestions where and how to do this?

Anyone else had my trouble?

Rosie

Maybe book it online at the price you've seen and then see if they'll change it over to the booking number associated with your next cruise certificate...? Or try emailing insidesales@rcclapac.com (that's the Aussie sales office). They mainly deal with agents but they know how bad the Guatemala call centre is. [emoji4]

Maybe book it online at the price you've seen and then see if they'll change it over to the booking number associated with your next cruise certificate...? Or try emailing insidesales@rcclapac.com (that's the Aussie sales office). They mainly deal with agents but they know how bad the Guatemala call centre is. [emoji4]

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea.

Rosie

After reading about all the phone calls and time wasted just trying to book a simple cruise I can understand why you are so upset and frustrated with their call centre.

Wish you all the best in securing the cruise at the price they originally e-mailed you. It shouldn't be this hard.

Karryl

I am also having problems with the Call Centre. We booked a cruise whilst on Rhapsody of the Seas last week, but when I got home on Tuesday I noticed that I had not received by CAS Diamond Balcony Discount. I have had 2 days of phone calls and still no results.

I have tried to email the C&A Society also but their email line is down.

I am totally frustrated with the Call Centre, and am unsure of what to do next.

The difference is $372.00 so I would like this discount applied.

:mad: