No more speciality coffee cocktails at Bacio??

nijh

My DM and DS are just off the Eclipse, sailing RT Southampton to the Canary Islands.

Cafe Al Bacio had no page in the menu for the alcoholic speciality coffees - Cafe Kingston, Ole, Aspen etc. When they asked they were told the menu had changed and there were no more alcohol based coffees available at Bacio's.

They were also told that if they wanted one then the Passport Bar would make one - but apparently these were very basic ‘Irish Coffee’ type offerings.

Please tell me this isn't a fleet wide change? :(

Celebrity Dressing is available every day, you just have to let them know you want it when you order and they will bring it.

Thanks...hope they will have it in BLU...1 week to Sailaway for us on Reflection.

From the website:

Café Ole

Kahlúa, Spanish Brandy, Espresso

Aspen Coffee

Baileys, Kahlúa, Frangelico and Hot Coffee

French Kiss

Courvoisier, Grand Marnier , Espresso

Amore

Amaretto, Espresso

Café Diablo

Courvoisier VS, Grand Marnier, Sambuca and Hot Coffee

Café Kingston

Tia Maria, Myers’s Dark Rum and Hot Coffee

Venetian

Frangelico, Brandy, Hot Coffee

Celebrity sure is consistent in their inconsistency! I haven't been able to get a Cafe Kingston or other coffee cocktail at Cafe al Bacio on any S class ship. I used to love them from Cova Cafe back in the day. I also asked about Celebrity dressing, & was told it is available every night, yet the night I ordered it, I was told they did not have it.:confused:

Celebrity Dressing - Here's a recipe for it I picked up back in 2011 on these boards somewhere:

Here it is:

4 whole fresh eggs

1 hard boiled egg

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

4 anchovy filets

1 tablespoon garlic (minced)

1 shallot (peeled, chopped)

1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)

1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (chopped)

1 cup light mayo

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

to taste Kosher salt

to taste black pepper (cracked)

1 teaspoon fish sauce

1/4 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

as needed vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients in a blender except for the oil and the herbs. While blending, slowly add the oil and emulsify. Remove from blender, adjust seasoning if needed, mix in the chopped herbs.

Edited by CruisingChick

Hope this is not true...

We really enjoy the Signature Secialty Coffees in Cafe al Bacio... They are really really good... Better than any Secialty Coffees we have gotten anywhere ashore be that Bar, Restaurant or Ski Lodge (the coffee makes the difference for sure)

Celebrity Dressing - Here's a recipe for it I picked up back in 2011 on these boards somewhere:

Here it is:

4 whole fresh eggs

1 hard boiled egg

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

4 anchovy filets

1 tablespoon garlic (minced)

1 shallot (peeled, chopped)

1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)

1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (chopped)

1 cup light mayo

1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce

to taste Kosher salt

to taste black pepper (cracked)

1 teaspoon fish sauce

1/4 cup cider vinegar

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

as needed vegetable oil

Combine all ingredients in a blender except for the oil and the herbs. While blending, slowly add the oil and emulsify. Remove from blender, adjust seasoning if needed, mix in the chopped herbs.

CRUISINGCHICK, thanks for the Recipe for Celebrity Dressing... OMGosh that sounds yummy. Somehow I have missed out on this previously... must admit we rarely have Salad in the MDR... We always seem to get seduced by Celebrity's Soups & Appys. Will make a point of adding this to my TO DO LIST for our next cruise. Thanks

Cheers!

I keep asking Celebrity to bottle it and sell it but I guess they don't seem to be interested. It's way to involved for me to make at home.

Thank you for the recipe. Lot's of ingredients. I think we will try it out in February (hope to remember to ask for it) and if DH and I like it, I will make some at home.

So it is looking like Celebrity are being consistently inconsistent again, just as Richsea says above.

First World problem, I know - but it would be good to hear from X on this.......